hotels......

sarahjbirkin

hi,

anyone in need of a room mate??.......

please!! =D

an if anyone could advise me on hotels that are close and suitable, that would be amazing too....

thanks for this guys-

i missed the last one but hell if im missing this now!.

i need help, as ive never done this event before! :)

thanks in advance! :)

Edited by sarahjbirkin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same boat... sort of! I did attend LFCC in July with friends, but ended up staying in a hotel in Hounslow. I'll probably be doing this one on my lonesome so ideally, if I do end up doing both days, I don't want to be staying too far away.

So yes, suggestions would be greatly appreciated :o

We were in Hotel Lily. It's even closer than the Ibis (about 30 feet, I guess).

We stayed for 2 nights with 3 in the room, and paid 200 GBP total. This included a very decent english breakfast, but not all clean towels (for some weird reason, they decided to change only one towel, leaving two not so clean ones. But we were leaving the day after anyways, so no matter). Room with own bath/shower and toilet. More weird stuff: it had a tv, but no connection, so the only thing on was half snow/half wobbly concentration of images.

Beds were decent too, though the decor certainly needed some updating. It wasn't dirty or anything, on the contrary, but it was just old. You could see where they'd fixed the ceiling and stuff.

Also has wifi for 5 pounds for the whole stay, with a pretty good and speedy connection.

I'd book there again, and the two friends I was with agreed. It doesn't offer much more than a bed and a bathroom, but for a convention that's all I need.

We stayed at the Easy Hotel on West Cromwell Road for LFCC &, as ECO2 isn't far from EC2, will probably stay there again.

Just looked at that... you have to pay £5 for the TV remote :wub:

Who needs a TV??? If you plan your time right, you won't need it. :wub:

Well I'm booked into the Ibis again, anyone know how far it is to this new venue??!!!

I just went on to multimap put in postcode for the venue and the hotel, chose walking for the directions and it gave me the distance and even how long to walk it. About 0.94 miles and 18 mins.

The Premier Inn London Kensington Olympia is 0.78 miles and 15 mins and the Kensington earls court one is 1.08 miles and 21 mins.

Edited by cat in boots

Would anyone know of a hotel/travellodge/premier inn nearby with a car park?

I remember I saw a Premier Inn nearby Earls Court when I went there, but I don't know if it has a car park... I'm quite sure the Ibis does have a car park though...

Well I'm booked into the Ibis again, anyone know how far it is to this new venue??!!!

I just went on to multimap put in postcode for the venue and the hotel, chose walking for the directions and it gave me the distance and even how long to walk it. About 0.94 miles and 18 mins.

The Premier Inn London Kensington Olympia is 0.78 miles and 15 mins and the Kensington earls court one is 1.08 miles and 21 mins.

Ooooh that's not too bad, thanks :P

The Ibis has a car park. This is where we normally stay.

Car park is quite pricey though. Costs £14 for 24hrs, but ur paying for most hotel carparks anyway

and this is one of the few local hotels we found with a carpark

Hammersmith Premier Inn - I believe the 27 bus takes you down King Street and the one way system, across Hammersmith Broadway and along Hammersmith Road to Olympia; or you can walk it if you want; it's about a mile and a third. (and whilst I haven't been there in a few years, the area around the hotel used to have a number of decent curry houses)

There's a travelodge in Fulham on North End Road (also about a mile and a third from the venue), but no car park; you have to park in a car park at Fulham Broadway about half a mile away.

The Ibis is a little further up North End Road and round the corner on Lillie Road - it's a little closer to the venue, maybe a mile's walk.