True Blood Officially Renewed for 3rd Season!

slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

HBO officially announced that it will be bringing "True Blood" back for a third season and it will begin airing next summer! (Just in time for Bitten!)

Part of article:

HBO renews 'Hung,' 'True Blood,' 'Entourage'

HBO announced the renewal of its entire summer original programming lineup, ordering another round of freshman comedy "Hung," veteran comedy "Entourage" and hit vampire drama "True Blood."

>>> FULL ARTICLE HERE <<<

SJ

xox

I heard about this the other day. I think I would have a meltdown if it wasn't renewed ... :WINCE:

It is HBO's most successful current show... so I dont think it;s going anywhere anytime soon.... I'm sure it will get to at least 5 season's.. at which point most shows tend to decide to either finish, or start goiong downhill...

Will be interesting to see where they go with the TV show..

Season 1 stuck a lot to Book 1... but so far, Season 2 seems almost to be racing through books 2 and 3 as well as a lot of stuff from other books further in the series...

I hope the next series is more than 12 episodes, is that just how HBO makes them or is it a trial?

Nope, most HBO shows run for about 12-16 episodes.... True Blood fits nicely into 12, so I'm happy for it to continue as it... I would rather they make 12 great episodes instead of trying to drag the stories out for longer just to fill up more air time and end up making weaker episodes...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...