Its all gone quiet

prendy9160

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From past experience it's generally not worth getting into these arguments with our good friend Indio. He has his own opionions and tends to stick to them very rigidly! It's generally easier, and a little bit more fun, to find a nice solid brick wall and bang your head against it a few times!

I did see Indio express satisfaction once on this forum. I believe it was in 2006.

wrong mike it was 2001,2002,2004,2005 and 2009. try to do your homework.

From past experience it's generally not worth getting into these arguments with our good friend Indio. He has his own opionions and tends to stick to them very rigidly! It's generally easier, and a little bit more fun, to find a nice solid brick wall and bang your head against it a few times!

I did see Indio express satisfaction once on this forum. I believe it was in 2006.

wrong mike it was 2001,2002,2004,2005 and 2009. try to do your homework.

Ah, so you admit there was a four year stretch where you were a bit of a grumpy guts, and had nothing positive to say at all?? :clap:

• Showmasters Admin

i admit that you are a stiring troublemaker who thinks hes a wise guy.

hay indio you really need to understand the events are what they are and digging at us will not help make the events any better , you do really give it the neg just before the event , we are people to we do our best and when we do get it right for you you are happy but you cannot take back what you do on here , so how about not being so hard on us and remember that if we stop running this event you may miss some great guest in the future

dave paul and my self work very hard to get rare guests and 1st timers and if you look back over the year we do it alot so please think a little more as we do read this stuff and its not helpful

jason :thumbup:

madmilbur the last post was not me it was Dave ;)

• Showmasters Admin

hello jason, your above comment does not make any sense. what have i done on here that i cant take back?

how about not saying any thing you have to take back in the first place ? you just need to chill out and not get so negative with us and others on here , we all see it mate , just enjoy the events some will be better than others for you its the way of things .

so come and enjoy or pass an event if there is no one for you at that event its simple

i do not hold any grudges with anyone so i am cool , just think a little before posting in a negative manner all the time , its not all bad out there mate

jason :thumbup:

what about all the positive things i have said, youve never once mentioned that. i have been to several of your shows that ive loved and have praised you on here, on the phone and even in person however whenever i say anything that i see as construtive critisim it is taken personal and i get accussed of being negative by yourselfs and a load of followers. ill give an example... suppossing i was a liverpool supporter and i went to 10 matches and i thought they played well at 5 matches and then i thought the other 5 not so well, it dosent mean i think any less of them at the 5 matches that i dident enjoy and its the same with the shows. i put that i enjoyed the april show and i also enjoyed your june collectormania and when i saw this september show i put my opinion on why i dont think its so good and its all taken personal. im sorry to say but this is a kick in the teeth to a guy who has spent in the thousands at your shows and has praised alot of them and has even offered to trace down rare stars for you too. i have attended these shows since 2001 and i can name at least 10 at the top of my head that i have thought they were 100 percent excellent.

Problem is old love when you enjoy something you only post a couple of times but when you don't like something you tend to post quite a lot. Add that to some of those tirades you used to have about Burt Reynolds not coming back, which you seemed to take quite personally, and perhaps you can start to see why people tend to think you are more negative than positive.

Bear in mind that I reckon not many of us on here know each other personally so pretty much everyone starts with a blank slate and without an agenda so perhaps you should ask yourself why your so many of your comments tend not to be so well received.

dear count fooku, ive checked the first 5 pages of my posts were it says members and ive counted 17 YES THAT IS ONE AND SEVEN just to spell it out for you were i have said positive things, so i dont know were your delution of a couple of times comes from and as for the burt reynolds topic that is going back ages and you will also notice when i have been wrong i have promptley admitted it. an example... in the past there were 2 members on here... which are david b and nialsdad where i oversteped the mark and since then ive done nothing but try to make peace with both of them and theyve both kindly gone along with that. it takes a big boy to say hes done wrong especially on a online forum however i know i have a couple of times however all this nit picking that you and others have done is just simply wrong.

dear count fooku, ive checked the first 5 pages of my posts were it says members and ive counted 17 YES THAT IS ONE AND SEVEN just to spell it out for you were i have said positive things, so i dont know were your delution of a couple of times comes from and as for the burt reynolds topic that is going back ages and you will also notice when i have been wrong i have promptley admitted it. an example... in the past there were 2 members on here... which are david b and nialsdad where i oversteped the mark and since then ive done nothing but try to make peace with both of them and theyve both kindly gone along with that. it takes a big boy to say hes done wrong especially on a online forum however i know i have a couple of times however all this nit picking that you and others have done is just simply wrong.

Ooooh. Hark at her!

Something of a madam isn't she!

Indio old darling I wasn't saying you were a bad egg, all I was trying to do is suggest why so many people on here tend to take your comments a certain way and why you often get the reaction that you do.

Anyway thats my last words on the subject, I'm off to pack my tuck box as I now have something of a corking show to look forward to this weekend, thanks to Dave and his wizard chums!

• Showmasters Admin

O.K Guys

Let,s leave it there please.

The forum posts on the washing machine saga are far more interesting and funnier too.

Even for a stressed out show organiser i found the counts post histerical and i look forward to seeing you guys there.

Please do come up in the bar and introduce yourselves we wre all going to have a great time.

Matt you are most certainly welcome to come and join everyone in the spirit of friendship.

We all like a joke and a gripe sometimes so let,s get on with the real issue which is meeting a boatload of legends and having a good time.

Dave