Its all gone quiet

prendy9160

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed it seems to have gone all quiet i wonder if there are any more big surprises to come , me thinks there will be ?

Well Dave ????????:P:WINCE::WINCE:

I agree Paul - it certainly has gone quiet but I'm still taking in the Stafford announcement! :dance:

I too think we're in for some more nice surprises (for me preferably on the space-related front!)

Regards,Shane! :D

3 days since the last big announcement?? You could easily sign up 1 guest per hour - so thats at least 72 guests we could have had! You don't need sleep - its over-rated, just give us annoucements 24/7 :YAHOO:

Yes more guests please :dance::D

Great guests so far :D

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of Verne Troyer?????

Wow - kinda random - but i'll add my requests too. Any chance of:

Jane Russell

Debbie Reynolds

Shirley Maclaine

Lauren Bacall

Carrie Fisher

Stephanie Powers

Elizabeth Taylor

Dcik Van Dyke

James Garner

Jack Klugman

• Showmasters Admin

it would probebly be better if they stick to one autographica per year instead of 2 as the second one always seems to be rushed and slap happy. i loved the show in april but this does not even come close sorry to say.

Hello Matt

Think you must be looking at a different guest list to the one we have.

As to Slap Happy and rushed i believe you have absolutely no idea how much work has gone into this show.

The vast majority of you have a great time and i think this is a great line up.

Dave Phillips

it would probebly be better if they stick to one autographica per year instead of 2 as the second one always seems to be rushed and slap happy. i loved the show in april but this does not even come close sorry to say.

Well, of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to the freedom to express it.

For me, this has the makings of a great show. I pften think about how disheartening it must be for Dave, who bursts a gut to get things up and running and then there are always the negative comments.

Even today, he has announced that he has talked Dave Scott into a photoshoot. That cant have been easy.

Anyway, Dave, I guess you have become thicker skinned with each Autographica. Do appreciate that there are a lot of folk around who do appreciate your efforts. I frequently ask myself this question 'What would life be like in the absence of Autographica?' Answer: 'Substantially less interesting'. So take heart Dave and don't change anything,

Well, of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion and to the freedom to express it.

For me, this has the makings of a great show. I pften think about how disheartening it must be for Dave, who bursts a gut to get things up and running and then there are always the negative comments.

Even today, he has announced that he has talked Dave Scott into a photoshoot. That cant have been easy.

Anyway, Dave, I guess you have become thicker skinned with each Autographica. Do appreciate that there are a lot of folk around who do appreciate your efforts. I frequently ask myself this question 'What would life be like in the absence of Autographica?' Answer: 'Substantially less interesting'. So take heart Dave and don't change anything,

Couldn't agree more

Agree..Dave this is my first show & I am overwhelmed by the guest list so far..keep up the great work & please just ignore the negative comments..some people will never be happy! :D

I don't understand the criticisms. The sheer amount of first time or rare signers on offer is greater than at most events. Who else could bring the most famous Bond girl, Star Wars and Bond rarities, The Jackal, A good selection of the cast of Lovejoy, some of the finest fighter pilots to have lived, and an array of important individuals from the Space Programme together in a weekend of sheer entertainment and value for money??!

Autographica 14 looks every bit as good as the April show did at this stage in the planning. And I'm sure Dave and the guys have a few more surprises in store, so let's cut them some slack!

Well you must be of little faith, i have known Dave for a few years since these were first in the making and i can tell you at first hand that they are not slaphappy as you put it they are well planned in advance and trying to deal with agents takes forever and a day so that comment slaphappy can go in the box and out the window.

The next one about it seems to be rushed shows are useually planned and advertised at least 5/6 months in advance, it seems like you say that shows are to close to each other well that is down to choice, i know that the work will start on the next show for Autographica 15 the day after this one ends so please you might have to think about the way that the comments are made :(:thumbup:

Edited by prendy9160

Hello Matt

As to Slap Happy and rushed i believe you have absolutely no idea how much work has gone into this show.

Dave Phillips

hello dave, its nothing personal, i have nothing but good things to say about autographica 2001 and 2002, oct 2004 and oct 2005 and april 2009 and i spent a fortune at all of them.

prendy, lukeowl, hanerzzzz and descartes... keep on creeping on :D

hello dave, its nothing personal, i have nothing but good things to say about autographica 2001 and 2002, oct 2004 and oct 2005 and april 2009 and i spent a fortune at all of them.

prendy, lukeowl, hanerzzzz and descartes... keep on creeping on :P

Oh,we will.. :poki:

I just don't understand how you can say that considering we have a wonderful line-up so far,& also the show hasn't even been on yet,so how do you what it's going to be like?? (You never know you might have the time of your life & you'll soon forget about past Autographicas..)

Don't judge a book by it's cover..although judging by the cover we have so far I feel the book will be excellent! :(

Hello Matt

Dave Phillips

prendy, lukeowl, hanerzzzz and descartes... keep on creeping on :(

Have to say indio, it always seem you wait until a few weeks before an event to begin your negative postings - you sure you dont work for 'the dark side'?

From past experience it's generally not worth getting into these arguments with our good friend Indio. He has his own opionions and tends to stick to them very rigidly! It's generally easier, and a little bit more fun, to find a nice solid brick wall and bang your head against it a few times!

From past experience it's generally not worth getting into these arguments with our good friend Indio. He has his own opionions and tends to stick to them very rigidly! It's generally easier, and a little bit more fun, to find a nice solid brick wall and bang your head against it a few times!

I did see Indio express satisfaction once on this forum. I believe it was in 2006.