Anyone staying at the Grand Hotel ?

angelfish

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with my best friend but her nan and mum are tagging along too but staying in a different room.

bring on the good times!

What's it like at the Grand by the way?

I stayed there with my mate last time. It's an OK hotel - the area looks a bit dodgy but they generally leave you alone :)

Cheers

Lou.

I'm not staying at the Grand this time but I did last time it's ok for what it costs it does look a little dodgey but for the amount of time you'll spend there it doesn't matter :) x

^^

Jazz made a gollum friend too

• 1 month later...

oh okay, thought it was only 0.5 miles from the park?

I'll be taking my car and the lady at the Grand said there is parking for £3 a day.

grandhotel.jpg

Not very much parking at the park Inn though is there, looked on the satellite pic

Driving directions from the park Inn to the Grand Hotel:

Driving directions to Northampton NN1 2TA, UK

0.3 mi – about 1 min

Suggested routes

Grand Hotel

15 Gold StNorthampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 1RA, United Kingdom

01604 636508

1. Head east on Gold St toward Kingswell St 417 ft

2. Turn left at Drapery 0.1 mi

3. Take the 1st left onto Bradshaw St 233 ft

4. Continue on King St 154 ft

Northampton NN1 2TAUK

A map if you are driving

directionsthegranddriving.jpg

These are the walking directions:

Walking directions From the Park Inn to the Grand Hotel NN1 2TA, UK

0.2 mi – about 4 mins

Suggested routes

Grand Hotel

15 Gold StNorthampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 1RA, United Kingdom

01604 636508

1. Head east on Gold St toward Kingswell St 253 ft

2. Turn left at College St 0.1 mi

3. Turn left at King St 154 ft

Northampton NN1 2TAUK

A map if you are walking (it also shows the bus stops)

theparkinntothegrand.jpg

Edited by Rhianydd

Staying there with Rhi :)

I'm going to take a box of cereal with me.

Is that what everyone else did last at ET1?

There is parking int across the road, it's a multistorey at the back of the Ibis :)

Okay, thanks :P

Are u still bringing that small fridge? oh and i'll bring some sweeties :)

There is parking int across the road, it's a multistorey at the back of the Ibis :)

Okay, thanks :thumbup:

Yeah, but its not big enough for a bottle or anything, it is one of those fridges you can fit a few cans of coke in.

I thought we could put milk in it for brekkie?

A little bit like this

http://www.popgadget.net/images/cooltone-mini-fridge.jpg

A space for an upright can of coke and put some sandwiches on top of that............tiny!

I will bring drink with me too though, expensive prices at the hotel and all that.

Okay, thanks :D

Yeah, but its not big enough for a bottle or anything, it is one of those fridges you can fit a few cans of coke in.

I thought we could put milk in it for brekkie?

A little bit like this

http://www.popgadget.net/images/cooltone-mini-fridge.jpg

A space for an upright can of coke and put some sandwiches on top of that............tiny!

I will bring drink with me too though, expensive prices at the hotel and all that.

I might get u to pick me up a bottle of vodka or something if ur getting booze because I dont wanna fly with it in my bag. Rough Ryanair baggage handlers + vodka = stinking baseball outfit and ball dress! ;);)

I answered ur FB msg somewhere on here lol, I'm not staying on Sunday night and might be getting a taxi to and from the airport. Pricey but means I dont miss stuff. What a conundrum!

I might get u to pick me up a bottle of vodka or something if ur getting booze because I dont wanna fly with it in my bag. Rough Ryanair baggage handlers + vodka = stinking baseball outfit and ball dress! ;);)

I answered ur FB msg somewhere on here lol, I'm not staying on Sunday night and might be getting a taxi to and from the airport. Pricey but means I dont miss stuff. What a conundrum!

Yeah, thats no problem, let me know what and I can grab it from the supermarket before I come.

Which airport are you flying, still Luton? Thats quite a long trek

Yeah, I answered that post too :D

I didn't think about timings with gold pass reception or anything. If it does clash, perhaps we just meet up at the party?

I will ring the hotel tomorrow and see what they say about the single for Sunday night, but to be honest, if there is not much price difference, I probably won't bother.

I will check what they want us to do about paying as well though

I'll keep you posted. I will message you the reference number tomorrow after I have confirmed with the hotel. (Will do that tea time after I finish teaching)

Yeah, thats no problem, let me know what and I can grab it from the supermarket before I come.

Which airport are you flying, still Luton? Thats quite a long trek

Yeah, I answered that post too :D

I didn't think about timings with gold pass reception or anything. If it does clash, perhaps we just meet up at the party?

I will ring the hotel tomorrow and see what they say about the single for Sunday night, but to be honest, if there is not much price difference, I probably won't bother.

I will check what they want us to do about paying as well though

I'll keep you posted. I will message you the reference number tomorrow after I have confirmed with the hotel. (Will do that tea time after I finish teaching)

That's brill, dont worry about me I can meet u there if need be! Cheapest taxi quote I got was 47 pound each way... serious money. There has to be a better bus or train!!

"London Luton Airport has excellent connections with key towns and cities across the country. The coach pick up and drop off points are situated in front of the terminal building.

coach travel

National Express operates regular services to and from Luton airport with destinations including Birmingham, Cambridge, East Midlands, Gatwick Airport, Heathrow Airport, Liverpool, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Northampton and Luton Airport."

http://www.luton-airport-guide.co.uk/transport.html :)