LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Gareth David Lloyd

Massive Events

Nice announcement, however I hope that the vulgar jokes on stage will be a bit toned down this time.

I went to the first HUB and I found it very funny. John and Gareth were great on stage together, and it was so humourous. I loved it. In fact it was one of the funniest Q&A sessions i have ever seen at a convention. And i've been to plenty!!!

But I also went to the HUB2, and I found that Gareth rather took the whole vulgar jokes a bit OTT to the point where it was not even half as funny as the HUB and some was just rather disgusting. Especially as there were some children there, and even on the front on the floor.

I'm not objecting to his announcement, but i'm hoping for more of a HUB atmosphere than the HUB2 atmosphere.

JMO.

Edited by Clarkey

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh thank you so much. When I read this I screamed and started running around. xD I am so, so happy right now. So happy. Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to this even more than I was before, it's going to be absolutely amazing.

Nice announcement, however I hope that the vulgar jokes on stage will be a bit toned down this time.

I went to the first HUB and I found it very funny. John and Gareth were great on stage together, and it was so humourous. I loved it. In fact it was one of the funniest Q&A sessions i have ever seen at a convention. And i've been to plenty!!!

But I also went to the HUB2, and I found that Gareth rather took the whole vulgar jokes a bit OTT to the point where it was not even half as funny as the HUB and some was just rather disgusting. Especially as there were some children there, and even on the front on the floor.

I'm not objecting to his announcement, but i'm hoping for more of a HUB atmosphere than the HUB2 atmosphere.

JMO.

The simple answer for anyone who's afraid the on-stage banter will corrupt their delicate offspring, is for them not to bring them! Torchwood is an adult show, it's not aimed at the same age-group as Doctor Who (hence it's post-watershed timeslot) and I view the convention the same way! (Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying don't bring children, just don't be surprised/offended if the language used and anecdotes told end up being more adult than you would really like them to hear!)

I wouldn't want any of the guests to feel like they have to behave in a certain way. It wouldn't make for an enjoyable weekend for either them or us, in my opinion. I liked the relaxed atmosphere of both of the previous Hubs, and didn't find any of the humour offensive, but then maybe maybe I'm just vulgar!

In any case, I don't think Gareth's jokes were any worse than Burn's or Matt's, who both blasted across The Barrowman Line at full speed!

I wouldn't want any of the guests to feel like they have to behave in a certain way. It wouldn't make for an enjoyable weekend for either them or us, in my opinion. I liked the relaxed atmosphere of both of the previous Hubs, and didn't find any of the humour offensive, but then maybe maybe I'm just vulgar!

Yeah, I'm 16 and I wouldn't want any of the guests to feel they had to be precautious about what they said in front of me. It's only what is said in school, heard on TV etc so I wouldn't be affected by rude stories lol. I can understand why guests might be cautious of what they are saying if they saw a really young child in the audience though but like you said, it is a Torchwood convention so it's quite a hard one to judge. I'm just really happy that Gareth is coming and I can't wait to meet him. Thanks once again Massive Events/Showmasters for booking him, every single one of you rock. :uhoh:

Edited by Doctor Who

In any case, I don't think Gareth's jokes were any worse than Burn's or Matt's, who both blasted across The Barrowman Line at full speed!

I can't remember exactly, I've slept since then :uhoh: , but wasn't it Matt who was the first to leave the Barrowman Line just so much smoking rubble in his rear view mirror?

Morgan

I was 15 at the hub...I think... and I didn't mind any of that stuff.

If we're old enough to watch and enjoy the show then I think we're old enough to not be offended by anything that happens there...

JMO.

Sod this, I'm telling him to tone it up when I next see him in 2 weeks time :firedevil: The smuttier the better.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST NEWS ALL MONTH!

JMO.

Sod this, I'm telling him to tone it up when I next see him in 2 weeks time :firedevil: The smuttier the better.

AGREED! though no offence to Clarkey :D

I just love Gareths smut :clap:

Edited by blaid drwg

YES! Thank you so, SO much for this, Showmasters! Thank you for making this happen, and most especially for listening to us. Your news and responsiveness has made my year, and confirmed that you are my very favourite event organisers on the planet. :clap:

(Could you please open a branch in North America? :D)

If Gareth seemed OTT in any way at Hub2, I can't blame him. Think about the timing: by Hub2, filming for CoE was done...and so was Gareth's time as Ianto on Torchwood. How he got through that weekend, having to keep mum about that fact, whilst everyone was getting all excited, asking about a possible 4th season, etc., etc....he had to get through that weekend knowing what was coming, knowing his character had been killed off and he couldn't say a word about it, obviously. Fans all excited to see him, telling him how much they loved his character, how much they enjoyed the relationship between Jack/Ianto, asking him all sorts...I can't imagine what that must have felt like for him. So I don't blame him one bit for anything he said or did, knowing what we now know.

I am so looking forward to seeing him again. :smile:

If Gareth seemed OTT in any way at Hub2, I can't blame him. Think about the timing: by Hub2, filming for CoE was done...and so was Gareth's time as Ianto on Torchwood. How he got through that weekend, having to keep mum about that fact, whilst everyone was getting all excited, asking about a possible 4th season, etc., etc....he had to get through that weekend knowing what was coming, knowing his character had been killed off and he couldn't say a word about it, obviously. Fans all excited to see him, telling him how much they loved his character, how much they enjoyed the relationship between Jack/Ianto, asking him all sorts...I can't imagine what that must have felt like for him. So I don't blame him one bit for anything he said or did, knowing what we now know.

I am so looking forward to seeing him again. :smile:

My friend said the exact same thing once we found out lol.

I am so looking forward to seeing him again. :P

My friend said the exact same thing once we found out lol.

I've been thinking the same since CoE aired. It must have been so difficult for him to act like everything was ok for Ianto continuing in future series etc.

xxx

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

:P:lol::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

That's fantastic!!! Oh I am actually starting to let myself look forward to it all again now!! :clap:

Yep, censorship looses.

This isnt a show for kids, the latest season showed that to the extreme, so why should they pander to the kids at this con?

And his worst and rudest joke was hillarious!

If it's the one about the axe you're on about (if you get which one I mean) I told that one in school and it just got shocked laughter lol

Yep, censorship looses.

This isnt a show for kids, the latest season showed that to the extreme, so why should they pander to the kids at this con?

And his worst and rudest joke was hillarious!

If it's the one about the axe you're on about (if you get which one I mean) I told that one in school and it just got shocked laughter lol

OK, now I'm intrigued!!!!

And seconding what others have said, TW isn't a kids show, so kids shouldn't be something that the guests need to think about!

• Moderators

Ok I agree it's not a kids "arena".

However I felt that at the HUB2 more questions were responded with dirty jokes (which is fine to an extent) than actual answers to the question.

From all the notes I had after the event (I started trying to do a fairly comprehensive 'hub report' but gave up part way through Sat afternoon cos it was taking forever) and what I remember, 99% of the questions were actually answered, although often with a bit of smutty joking mixed in or tacked on the end. And a lot of the questions were just asking for smutty answers.