Victoria Role Change

talie

I'm really sad about this, they should've had her signed on ages ago that way there'd be no scheduling conflict. She's perfect in the role and seems really sweet too. Having said that at least we have Bryce who I absolutely love. I've met her a few times and she's not only a wonderful actress but absolutely lovely. Really she's so nice.

"“I was fully committed to the ‘Twilight’ saga, and to the portrayal of Victoria,†Rachelle continued, explaining the turn of events that led to the casting change. “I turned down several other film opportunities and, in accordance with my contractual rights, accepted only roles that would involve very short shooting schedules. My commitment to ‘Barney’s Version’ is only ten days. Summit picked up my option for ‘Eclipse.’ Although the production schedule for ‘Eclipse’ is over three months long, Summit said they had a conflict during those ten days and would not accommodate me. Given the length of filming for ‘Eclipse,’ never did I fathom I would lose the role over a 10 day overlap. I was happy with my contract with Summit and was fully prepared to continue to honor it. Summit chose simply to recast the part.â€

Summit have released a statement in response...

“We at Summit Entertainment are disappointed by Rachelle Lefevre’s recent comments which attempt to make her career choices the fault of the Studio,†Summit said in a statement to Access Hollywood on Thursday evening. “Her decision to discuss her version of the scheduling challenges publicly has forced the Studio to set the record straight and correct the facts.â€

“It was not until July 20th that Summit was first informed of Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to ‘Barney’s Version,’ a commitment we have since been advised she accepted in early June,†the statement from the film company read. “Summit had acted in good faith that she would be available to fulfill her obligations both in terms of rehearsals and shooting availability for ‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.’ We feel that her choice to withhold her scheduling conflict information from us can be viewed as a lack of cooperative spirit which affected the entire production.â€

“Ms. Lefevre took a role in the other film that places her in Europe during the required rehearsal time, and at least ten days of ‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse’s’ principal photography. This period is essential for both rehearsal time with the cast, and for filming at key locations that are only available during the initial part of production,†the statement from Summit read.

“The fact remains that Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to the other project - which she chose to withhold from Summit until the last possible moment - makes her unfortunately unavailable to perform the role of Victoria in ‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse,’â€

To be honest, I believe they were justified in re-casting. :angry:

Don't know what to believe anymore, but truthfully I don't have much faith in Summit since they've for a long time seemed to care more about the money than the fans. (I mean seriously, they know as well as we do that even if the movie would suck big time we would go and see the next one anyway. We're very loyal that way)

Other than that, I really don't believe that they could hire a new actress that quickly when they apparently were so shocked by this news about Rachelle.

Naaah...Don't buy it.

Edited by Mandelina

Very true, but I still think it's understandable fans wanna start petitions (although I agree with you, they are worth nothing since everything's already signed and done) because there's always a point in voicing your opinion.

Especially when you've spent so much money as the Twilight fans actually have on this movie (Seriously, I saw it 8 times or something just in the theatre!!!).

And as a fan, I want Rachelle to know she did a great job and that I wish she could be apart of Eclipse.

I feel kind of bad for the actress replacing Rachelle though, because I'm sure she's great and all but it's nothing personal - I just HATE when they replace actors in movies. It's very disturbing and almost impossible concentrating when you're watching the movie.

I would hide somewhere until it all had calmed down then, because it would probably bring out world war three lol

I don't really hate the petitions, it's very rarely I sign one though because I truly don't believe they work and most of the time I'm sure the film company knows what they're doing. But I just have a bad feeling with Summit all the time, like they don't know what the heck they're doing and just want the money. The fans are so loyal, I'm afraid they'll use it against us and screw us over. :angry:

You look at any studio and it would have screen tested many many potential actresses for this part before Rachelle was cast. Any sensible studio will always have a Plan B, C, D and then some to have back up if things like this happen. Think of when Heath Ledger passed away and how they ended up having multiple actors play the part with a small re-write.

Look also at Harry Potter and how many chracters have had a change of actor or actress?

Summit would have had back up plans and Bryce was quite obviously one of them. As soon as Rachelle dropped the bombshell, someone would have been on the phone making arrangements and then Bryce was cast in her place. It doesn't take long to do so, and if Rachelle made her availability known in June, a month or so ago, this isn't a short period of time to fill her spot. Especially in a film series that is ongoing.

All Rachelle has done, and I respect the fact she has some really loyal fans, is said what she said to protect her future employment opportunities. Her first and only loyalty would be to herself. Anything else is secondary and that includes us the fans.

Summit have invested a huge amount of time and money developing these films, so no one is bigger than the films. If it was the two lead roles, then maybe it would be reworked, but probably not anyone else.

Look at the rumour mill earlier on when they had only announced the lead acting roles and no one else, but fans thought one actor - his name escapes me at the moment - had been left out. As it turned out, he had not. Hollywood moves at it's own pace. It is a bit like a convention when guests are only announced when signed.