Stargate Universe

Lestat

Must say I love it. Massive SG1 plus SGA fan but feel this is almost going back to the orginal Kurt Russell film in many ways. Think the Young character is really good, Telford now what a spam he is.

Will be interesting to see how the show progresses over the season but I love the fact its a big cast and that they seem to be giving each character a chance to come alive without being buried.

'Earth' has been the best episode of SGU thus far in my opinion, was a little faster paced and had more of a Stargate feel than the episodes previous.

But there is a growing negativity towards SGU online of people who just don't like the show for what ever reason. The advice to those people is to give it 3 more episodes.

This is taken from Joe Mallozzi's blog:

"The next three episodes that take us to that break are, in my humble opinion, the best of the first ten."

"If the next three episodes up to the hiatus don’t do it for you, I’ll be surprised – and sad you won’t be watching any longer. Especially since the first episode back after the break is mine: 'Space', and it’s filled with all sorts of action and aliens and ship to ship battles."

i was duibious about this but Im really liking SGU, its what atlantis should of been instead (although enjoyable( atlantis was a poor mans sg1.

I like that its more dramatic, and so far episodes 1-3 were quite good although part 3 needed a bit more umph, and what happened to the 2 who went through the gate? dead? left behind i assume.

have to admit that I thought SGU would suck and only just watched it last Wednesday/Thursday as wanted to have watched them all before heading off to Chevron 3 :YAHOO: good thing was I got to watch them all at once, thankgoodness as with Air part 2 being such a cliffhanger! anyways much like the new Star Trek, which I was quite happy to hate, it turned out to be rather cool and gripping :blink:

Regarding Air, part 3: that was one of my main Qs too! they knew they had 12hours why didn't they just gate back to the desert planet with time to spare?? we assume that they are dead/left behind but it would have been good if they had mentioned it, especially in "Water" (ep 6) they mention at the end the guy that died!

*will keep reading rest of posts now B)*

surfy sah xx

Earth (7) airs in the UK tonight yey! and to be honest, David Blue aka Eli did say at the weekend that ep 8 and 9 are some of the best eps in the series B) (think it was 8 and 9, def ref to the next 3 eps anyways :()

David was talking about a blog he has made throughout the filming of s1 using his prop iphone, which he then gave to the producers and it's apparently up online - is it sci-fi that has this show in the US? :YAHOO::blink:

looking forward to tonights ep but must say it was better for me personally to have watched them all back-to-back especially Air 1 2 3 thought Water (6) was a bit of a cop-out with Scott being stuck in the ice, "he's stuck he's stuck oh wait I've saved him" hmmm :o

quite like TJ want to see more about her :D

agree poor Eli re: Scott-Chloe, bless!!! but the geek got the girl in SGA so maybe this time they thought hot guy gets hot girl? :D

looking forward to meeting Brian J. Smith at Chevron 4, spesh after that helf nakkie scene in Water :(

anyways have now been in the lib for 3 hours...time to leave :D

surfy sah xx

• 2 weeks later...

It seems rather quiet on here at the moment, where has everyone gone?

We all still watching it?

I only ask as quite a few of my friends have stopped watching it cause they think its to slow and needs a good enemy though as my nephew pointed out, the ship could be seen as the enemy of the show at the moment (if that makes any sense) what with all its problems, and leading them to who knows where all the time...

Do all movies and tv shows really need a good guy and enimes? I don't think so. I really like this, a lot more then all the other stuff thats on at the moment. I gave up on Flashforward and that Warehouse 13 show, but this is different.

Maybe its because I was already an SG fan, and its part of that franchise (though I didn't like Atlantis all that much), but regardless of whether its like other shows like the newest Battlestar Galatica (which I could never get into) or Voyager etc, I think it has great potential. Though I fear that if more and more people stop watching it (especially in America) the show may get cancelled before its had a fair chance.

Dr Rush is starting to grow on me, the character is played really well, though I would like to know more about his past and that photo that we saw in the first episode.

Eli - Well I kinda feel sorry for him. Especially when we found out what was really wrong with his mother, plus the fact that in some ways I feel that, he more then most of the others, is not really supposed to be there. Ok there are other survilions on the destiny (who most likely had time to be breathed on the stuff ) but its not like one minute they were in there house, then next beemed away (all because of a video game) then shortly after sent to another part of the universe to spend goodness knows how long on a ship, with people who were for the most part total strangers, at least most of them new who most the others were.

Some shows do take time to get going. In the case of Warehouse 13 they needed to pick up the pace a little quicker, in the case of this show (yes sometimes I want to know things about certain characters now) the pace works well for it, and I just hope its stays doing what it is, cause its working for me (for now)

:D

LLAP :borg:

• 2 weeks later...

Still enjoying but wish they would have less of the earth stuff and more doing stuff on the ship. I think the fact they can go back to earth using the stones is a great idea when using it now and again. The fact they seem to have a sub-story each week with them is now just getting boring for me.

More explosions and s**t going wrong on the ship is what I want to see!!

Love the show, they just need to move it on a bit!! Stop trying to be battlestar galactica and just be stargate!!

Still enjoying but wish they would have less of the earth stuff and more doing stuff on the ship. I think the fact they can go back to earth using the stones is a great idea when using it now and again. The fact they seem to have a sub-story each week with them is now just getting boring for me.

More explosions and s**t going wrong on the ship is what I want to see!!

Love the show, they just need to move it on a bit!! Stop trying to be battlestar galactica and just be stargate!!

as said before, its stargate but not as we know it, should have been called Destiny or something...why arnt there any zats, if you were going off world woried about ammo, just take a zat...... writing is great, dark, brooding, the Dr love him or hate him well written, I can see the battlestar elements in it, but missing a six... :wub: ...

why arnt there any zats, if you were going off world woried about ammo, just take a zat......

That's something that annoyed me in Atlantis too, and surely they'd have had some on Icarus too if they had other weapons. They're such great weapons, but I think they've left them out of both Atlantis and Universe to keep them as separate as possible, but with all the other crossovers I think leaving them out is pointless.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
when is it back on?

I really liked the mid season finale, didnt see that coming, young doing that, it was awesome

It was on Sky1 earlier tonight (Tuesday night :clap:) and what an episode it was! :D

when is it back on?

I really liked the mid season finale, didnt see that coming, young doing that, it was awesome

It was on Sky1 earlier tonight (Tuesday night :clap:) and what an episode it was! :D

i found a link online where ive been watching all my sky one shows (dont have sky) so ill check SGU out, caught up on 24 last night

i really like the characters on SGU, much better than atlantis which was basically younger versions of the SG1 characters lol I love SG1 but it annoyed me

lol the civilians are idiots on SGU, and chloe is really getting on my nerves in this second part of the season,

love the conflicts though, shame they didnt leave the rush abandoned story line a few eps though to give it more punch, but still really like SGU

love the conflicts though, shame they didnt leave the rush abandoned story line a few eps though to give it more punch, but still really like SGU

Don't like the conflict at all, surely the bad guys / aliens are enough to contend with without all this bitching on the ship going on, I don't think the show really needs it. SG1 worked well without it. Sure a few characters didn't like each other much, but most of them we extras or only in the odd episode here and there, not there every week...

True about the Dr Rush thing, wish it had lasted at least one more episode, like to have seen his face when he went on board and then they captured him.

Still I suppose without him being captured Chloe might be dead or still with the aliens (what a shame, not)

:headscratch:

LLAP :P

Edited by zebredy

i like conflict if it makes sense and isnt silly which some of the civilans are. esp chloes sudden turn into loving rush, whats that syndrome called, when ppl fall for there captors, my mind has gone blanc, she seems to have something like that cos he was the one who rescued her, not even thinking about 1 young rescued rush and 2 scott was about to run off with the shuttle against orders whilst both ships were firing on each other just to get her. she is really getting on my nerves, dont like her at all, she annoyed me how she treated eli early on also.

Having conflicts is more realistic considering the situation and how those people are thrown into that position.

Would prefer the storyline focused on that, rather than fights with aliens as the CGI ain't that great and that sort of action (although entertaining in a pulp way) detracts from the grest character driven work done by cast and creators in the first half of the season.

Having conflicts is more realistic considering the situation and how those people are thrown into that position.

Would prefer the storyline focused on that, rather than fights with aliens as the CGI ain't that great and that sort of action (although entertaining in a pulp way) detracts from the grest character driven work done by cast and creators in the first half of the season.

I would have to disagree with most of what you said, that is until I watched last nights episode...

I hated all the conflict, yes they have to live with each other 24/7 and that can be hard on anyone, but it was like, get over it, yes you may not like each other but there are more important things to bitch about or more important things to worry about like these aliens, and working together as a team no matter what you may think of each other, is the best thing to do..

But last night changed that for me, I really liked the way the ship was split in two and they used the wholes made by the aliens to get into the other part of the ship that they were denied access too..(didn't think of that at first)

I quite like the aliens as they are something different, I like the fact that its not another human in a costume pretending to be something/someone from another world, just hope there not using up to much of the budget on these aliens, and that they start exploring planets that the ship stops at, some time soon.

:YAHOO:

LLAP :huh:

• 5 months later...

finally finished series 1, loved the finale. glad telford is a good guy cos I like LDP, some of the civilians are still annoying and I hate chloe, (how boring was her and elis sub plot, well most of it anyway in the last ep) but great finale, theat scene with telford and the baddie leader shooting each other was very well shot. love young and rush. also hope (i know this is bad) tg loses her baby, that way she can have some drama and get back in the action, will also effect young it being his.

watching it so far apart (and i think i might of missed one ep) but can someone tell me the original beef between telford and young? I cant remember. was it based telford not warning them when undercover, then the whole stuff with young's wife ensued? im sure there was something else but cant remember, from the last hew eps it seems telford and young were friends in the past

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...