LFCC Auction 2010

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sold today? :D

Prop spider from Arachnophobia

Various signed photos (Stargate, Red Dwarf etc)

Cups

T-Shirts

Signed Twilight script

Geez! How much did that script go for! (Just out of curiosity... if you can tell me). :P

:dance:

What sold today? :P

Cups

T-Shirts

Signed Twilight script

Geez! How much did that script go for! (Just out of curiosity... if you can tell me). :P

And who was it signed by, if u know? Lol.

Was there much twi stuff?? Am both excited and scared for the auction tomorrow... excited for what stuff I could potentially buy.. Scared for my holiday spending money fund :D

Cups

T-Shirts

Signed Twilight script

I paid £110 for it, will have pics up soon.

Cups

T-Shirts

Signed Twilight script

:thumbup:

I was so jelous of you...but hubby just wouldnt let me bid that much for it!! :chair:

I was also jelous of the person who got the Joe Flanigan shot for 5 quid..I was just raising my hand for 10 when they said sold..I was deeply upset!! However did get a free mug after screaming louder than exspected! :D

Cups

T-Shirts

Signed Twilight script

:D

I was so jelous of you...but hubby just wouldnt let me bid that much for it!! :D

I was also jelous of the person who got the Joe Flanigan shot for 5 quid..I was just raising my hand for 10 when they said sold..I was deeply upset!! However did get a free mug after screaming louder than exspected! :D

Now what to do with it that is the question, anyone know what went on Sunday?

Seemed to be a lot of t-shirts and mugs etc from various Showmasters events. A Twiglit script like the one mentioned above sold for £100, various other signed pictures from Star Trek, Torchwood, etc as well.

Can't say there was much that made me jump out of my seat, also seemed a bit odd people paying higher prices for some signed photos than the guests themselves were charging at recent shows!

Seemed to be a lot of t-shirts and mugs etc from various Showmasters events. A Twiglit script like the one mentioned above sold for £100, various other signed pictures from Star Trek, Torchwood, etc as well.

Can't say there was much that made me jump out of my seat, also seemed a bit odd people paying higher prices for some signed photos than the guests themselves were charging at recent shows!

Was the script sold on Saturday or Sunday?

There was a script sold on Sunday.

There was a script sold on Sunday.

Oh right I guess it's similar to the one I purchased.

Hi there if you manage to identify the autographs i'd appreciate knowing as I bought it for my daughter and dont know which one is which.

Only two so far:

Peter Facinelli (Carlisle Cullen)

&

Edi Gathegi (Laurent)

working on the rest.

Very disapointed as the auction started late and was cut short to speed things up, well done Enty for getting the script for £100, was hoping to get something to bid on but it was a few autos from star gate, star trek and a load of twilight stuff. Not really worth hyping it up.

Very disapointed as the auction started late and was cut short to speed things up, well done Enty for getting the script for £100, was hoping to get something to bid on but it was a few autos from star gate, star trek and a load of twilight stuff. Not really worth hyping it up.

Yea that annoyed me too as there was obviously more stuff to go for sale but not enough time :-( ggrrr!! Was also annoyed that I bid on the JCBower pic and he didn't see me - but won the Twilight trio pic for £22 so can't complain :D

Auction was the worst one i have been to, it was just Twilight t shirts, Twilight signitures, Twilight mugs, Twilight script , Twilight baseball , another spider from arachnophobia and a handful of random Dr Who and star trek sigs. I dont think proceedings were helped by Bill Shatners talk over running but needs to improve for collectormania London and Jasons auctioneering skills. LOL

OK, I'm equally annoyed as everyone else but for the opposite reason - if I'd known there was a load of Twilight stuff I WOULD have gone. It sounds like something I've been after for a while was auctioned but I wasn't there to bid.

SM, next time please can we have a vague idea of the sort of stuff which will be getting sold beforehand? I know you can't provide an exact list in advance, but just a general idea would have been enormously helpful for everyone I think.

OK, I'm equally annoyed as everyone else but for the opposite reason - if I'd known there was a load of Twilight stuff I WOULD have gone. It sounds like something I've been after for a while was auctioned but I wasn't there to bid.

SM, next time please can we have a vague idea of the sort of stuff which will be getting sold beforehand? I know you can't provide an exact list in advance, but just a general idea would have been enormously helpful for everyone I think.

Same as you, if I'd known I've had gone today, but I thought it would be non-Twi related so... :D

I was also jelous of the person who got the Joe Flanigan shot for 5 quid..I was just raising my hand for 10 when they said sold.

I'm that person :thumbup: I was thinking 'wow what a bargain'

I was a little gutted at the start though was my first auction, wasn't 100% sure on how it worked and the first item was an Atlantis cast auto which got sold for only £25 (jealous). I also missed out on a Chris Judge auto cause it was sold by the time I finished paying for the Joe Flanigan one :blush:

What times were these auctions held? I never saw anything.. :wub:

Was mentioned in a little booklet that was handed out on entry aswell as on the main site under 'timetable'.

Edited by Tanith

Auction was the worst one i have been to, it was just Twilight t shirts, Twilight signitures, Twilight mugs, Twilight script , Twilight baseball , another spider from arachnophobia and a handful of random Dr Who and star trek sigs. I dont think proceedings were helped by Bill Shatners talk over running but needs to improve for collectormania London and Jasons auctioneering skills. LOL

I agree with you about the auction, but Shatner's talk didn't over run, it was just half an hour late starting.The seating arrangements need to be better organised.

Hi there if you manage to identify the autographs i'd appreciate knowing as I bought it for my daughter and dont know which one is which.

I'll be able to tell you them all if you post a picture x

Ok I'll upload later this evening.

I'm personally finding the auctions to be a little poor myself. I agree with what's already been said about the items up for grabs all being either mugs or shirts from other cons, autos that aren't particularly rare, or twilight related stuff. It's a little irritating. Maybe they'll have some better things at CML later in the year.

Edited by Kirayuki

Hmm, this year Twiglet. I bet the ones a year or so back would be all Barry Trotter.

I guess what with all the Everlasting Twiglet cons they're organising, SM are thinking that they might as well load up the Twiglet stuff while they can, because they know that they have what they perceive as a big fanbase. Plus if they got stuff off movies/shows that the masses on here might consider 'minority', they would only get complaints about 'Who wants props from The Great Escape?'

It's what the masses want but hey if anyone wants to swap my Twilight script for a guitar signed by Slayer then I'd be more than happy to deal.

I don't see why people are that bothered by popularity tbh, it brings in a variety of con goers, before I ever went to conventions I had that whole view of only pure geeks went to them, you know the sterotypes lol

But with stuff like HP, and Twilight it brings in new crowds of people who get hooked on other stuff too and actually it's not full on geeks it's actually genuinly cool people which I wouldn't have known had it none been for twilight

Im not just saying that cus im a TL fan cus frankly atm it's way down on the list on things i care about but SM are a business and if that's what's popular then damn right i'd be doing the exact same thing lol