London Film and Comic Con 2010

Davey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of cosplaying in my Anakin Skywalker costume. Does an FX Lightsaber need to be checked? Are they ok to carry around?

Well I've been cosplaying as a Jedi for a while now and have never had to have my Force FX light saber checked, as it doesn't have a sharp blade there should really be no problem.

when are we going to have a major star wars star announced?:vader::angel:

Never.

I really wish SM would get a major guest rather than people who played stormtroopers(no offence meant to those actors)I'm thinking along the lines of Anthony Daniels Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamill they must know we would love this to happen!Carrie Fisher would be my ideal guest!

Carrie Fisher has done a couple of SM events in the past so wouldn't rule her out appearing again. Mark Hamill might cause problems with his signing fee, £85 per sig at his last, and as far as I know only, UK appearance.

I have heard it said that Anthony Daniels doesn't tend to work with Showmasters so she might be harder to get hold of for an event.

To be fair to Showmasters they have had a lot of good Star Wars guests down the years across both the Original Trilogy and Prequels but it seems their current focus is on Stormtroopers. I can understand this to an extent, while they are not my cup of tea personally there is a hardcore band of collectors out there who they will really appeal to. A lot of these chaps who played Stormtroopers maybe aren't quite as young as they used to be so I guess Showmasters see this as the right time to get as many of them in while they can.

Well I shall be there for both days this year. I used to trek up to London for comic fairs, etc when I lived in Dorset. Since I moved to London five years ago, I've made it to the last three with some like-minded new friends, and I love it! Best of all (for me), I've got some Dorset friends coming up for the Saturday, and I know they're gonna love it too.

I was a bit worried that it was gonna be Empire Strikes Back dominated this year (not necessarily a bad thing, but as others have said, some bloke who played third stormtrooper on the left in a deleted scene doesn't really excite me). Thankfully, the last few weeks have added a wider variety of guests.

Personally, I'll be tracking down Doctor Who and Life On Mars/Ashes To Ashes stars to sign my custom-made 'property trading games' – The Doctor Who 'Eleven Doctors' board was trawled around LFCC and Collectormania by me last year, and got quite a few nice compliments by the stars, and a lot of interest from the stallholders and fans. It now carries 13 signatures, including Tom Baker, Janet Ellis, Paul McGann, Fraser Hines, Nicholas Courtney and Elisabeth Sladen. My Red Dwarf one last year went down well with Chloe Annet and Hattie Hayridge too, who chatted for a good 10-20 minutes with me, which was really nice.

I'll be the one walking around looking lost-but-on-a-mission, carrying a big transparent A1 Portfolio bag, with the boards in – so if you see me, please feel free to say hello :wub:

This year will be my first con ever! I'm so excited about it-got my tickets for early entry on the Sunday and Shatner's talk.

Does anyone know if I'll be allowed to take my DSLR into the con? Some places have rules that if you can change the lens then it's a professional camera and it won't be allowed. I've been trying to find an answer on the site but can't find anything definitive.

Does anyone know if I'll be allowed to take my DSLR into the con? Some places have rules that if you can change the lens then it's a professional camera and it won't be allowed. I've been trying to find an answer on the site but can't find anything definitive.

You can take your DSLR into the con for sure, I have one myself.

There's some queues where there may be signs up "no photos." Then the crew will ask you to put the camera away. Also in the talks flash photography is only allowed within the first couple of minutes.

Besides those two cautionary notices there won't be any problems.

I'm also a convention n00b :pyth: getting very excited now :pyth: I was just wondering, if I'm wanting to queue up to meet a guest, but someone I'm with doesn't want to meet them/get anything signed, they just want to stay in the queue with me, do they also need a virtual queue ticket?

• Moderators

As far as I'm aware, the artists are usually able to do sketches etc. Depends on demand and how long they take, but they usually offer different sizes and stuff.

I would imagine they'll have full details there.

Yes, they usually do.

Some of the artists have registered on here and may post details. But if that doesn't happen the details will be available at the event.

If you want a sketch done try to get there Saturday morning. From personal experience I can tell that the order lists fill fast, and you may not get back your sketch during the event if you want too long.

Heres a really stupid question, but one I would like to know.

Is there anywhere (as I have never been to Earls Court/LFCC before) where peeps can sit down between meeting the famous/the picturesque etc etc and take a load off.

Just wondering thats all.

*Considers piling on the carbs starting Wednesday*

• 2 weeks later...