Displaying autographs

Timelord

I dont like not showing off my autographs. Some people put them in folders, but I dont see the point. I like them framed and on display. Just curious what everyone else does and if they display them a certain way.

I keep my 8x10s in a folder for the moment, it keeps them nice - plus my walls are covered in posters so there's no space for anything else. But I'm planning to put the bigger ones on display when I work out where to put them.

But I have got 2 big frames for my Torchwood posters for when I've got everyone...but considering I've only got Eve on them so far (I would ahve had Burn on one as well but the one I got him to sign was destroyed on my way home from MK :lol: so I had to start a new one for LFCC)

any good shops for good frames?

Wilkinsons are good for cheap and nice frames

I keep my autographs in a folder, I take a picture of them and post it on face book to show people.

The only one I have framed on my wall is Johnny Depps.

All of my autographs are framed and on the wall, I have a wall dedicated to them, it's an awesome wall!

There is one that I couldn't get framed because it is such a strange size so it's up on the wall at the moment until I can find a frame.

If you are going to put your autos on the wall you need to ensure they are either out of direct sunlight or you spend a bit of money and buy a frame with special glass that protects them from the Sun.

Alternatively, you can do what mojoe suggested which I also do and just have copies on the walls and keep the originals stored away nice and safely.

If you are going to put your autos on the wall you need to ensure they are either out of direct sunlight or you spend a bit of money and buy a frame with special glass that protects them from the Sun.

That's why I don't put mine on the walls. I get antsy enough with my posters in my room, let alone autographs.

I only have 1 autpgraph on the wall now I thimk about it. I plan on getting a frame for my M Shanks auto but will have to llok around for right size:)

I plan on taking evrying of my walls so I can pick just one wall for pics an autos.

I don't put them up simply because it would cost a fortune, even in cheap frames, and because I simply don't have room for them. Other than a couple of artworks I prefer my walls to be uncluttered. Also I really don't wantt hem to be damaged in the sunlight.

I keep them in a few easily accessable ring binders. Any time I want to see them or show them to people I can just pull them out.

well they all used to be on my walls but they are currently in storage until I decide what to do with them.I have a few things around my Nathan Fillion essay auto is in a frame on my dressing table,Andy Serkis Smeagol poster on my bedroom door and Wicked original London cast poster on my wall along with a couple of signed Amanda Palmer,Neil Gaiman things :)

I have all my 8 X 10's in 2 ultra-pro folders with the 8x11.5" ultra-pro sleeves (you can buy from the cons)

A have a few bigger than this like the scott and peter prints which i intend to frame once i found some nice frames :)

I personally cant see the point of having them in a folder tucked away somewhere I like them out on display for friends to see though each to there own.

Got a lot of our trek ones (my husband and I) on two opposite walls in the livingroom, have had some of them framed for years and no sun damage so far (touch wood) we use special glass on the front so maybe that has done the trick, that and we dont have the livingroom curtains open a lot as its very easy for people to see in to our ground floor flat and its not very nice.

Re-duing the flat up at the moment, so hope to get some of our favourite pics framed in the hall way and get some more put in the bigger of the two bedrooms we are soon to turn into more living space (a sci-fi / movie relax room) autos should look really nice in there, and theres enough room to get at least 30 auos up on the walls...

;)

LLAP :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

I have mine framed and on the wall. I am very taken by the idea of having them copied and keeping the originals safe. I feel like I should have them all locked away, bound by lock and key!

Good idea! I have mine stored away in albums. On the subject of having them locked away most people now know theres money to be made in Collectables, having them on display is like taking an advert out in a newspaper to come and rob the place.A friend of mine had collectables on display on a wall that was visable from a public road. He got robbed and they only took his collectables. worth hundreds apart from the personal value. Another guy i know of talked about his collection in a local paper and needless to say he got an unwelcome visitor in the night who drove off with dozens of irriplaceable items. Theres a growing need to be aware of who you talk too about memorabila and how you protect it unless you want to revisit it at your local car boot!I know i'm stating the obvious but its amazing how trusting people can be without thinking.

Edited by bigcat

I have mine framed and on the wall. I am very taken by the idea of having them copied and keeping the originals safe. I feel like I should have them all locked away, bound by lock and key!

Good idea! I have mine stored away in albums. On the subject of having them locked away most people now know theres money to be made in Collectables, having them on display is like taking an advert out in a newspaper to come and rob the place.A friend of mine had collectables on display on a wall that was visable from a public road. He got robbed and they only took his collectables. worth hundreds apart from the personal value. Another guy i know of talked about his collection in a local paper and needless to say he got an unwelcome visitor in the night who drove off with dozens of irriplaceable items. Theres a growing need to be aware of who you talk too about memorabila and how you protect it unless you want to revisit it at your local car boot!I know i'm stating the obvious but its amazing how trusting people can be without thinking.

Yeah I can see what your saying, but if we all worried about what might happen (cause it happened to others) we might not even leave the house. My friend got hit by a car does that mean I should be worried about that happening to me etc

I suppose in one way Im lucky as all my friends are my sci-fi friends and they go to these conventions/signing events as well and are not the type of people to do the above, that you have posted, but its not like Im going to be in the local pub any time soon telling a total stranger whats inside my house.

If people can see into your house or flat into a certain room(s) from the street outside, then yo only have yourself to blaim if you leave the curtains open and choose to have your prized stuff on display in that room. I feel for people who have lost stuff or had it stollen, someone stole my £600 camera once, but they will get no sympothy from me if they leave then smack bang where people can see them, knowing they might get nicked..

:(

LLAP :WINCE: