Anybody Find Love?

I went to the event with the smallest hope that I would meet someone nice but unfortunately I am too shy, so I'm wondering if anybody met anybody at the event and has a nice story?

You and every other poor sap who thought shared interests will automatically generate emotional or physical attraction, somehow bypassing a lifetime of social inadequacy (and that horrible truth applies most pertinently to myself).

Oh I dont know, the majority of my friendship group these days is from these events, so maybe not 'love' but deffinatly finding cool people who like the same things as you is good at these events.

And there have been a few people I have become close to due to these events, so it can happen.

Even though some of my old shyness returned this weekend when faced with very pretty people, I would say just say hi to people. I got talking to people in a few queues just by striking up a convo.

Its easy if you just take the leap lol

I don't think it helped to have so many pretty male celebrities to distract us. I went with my friend Charli who is now in love with Alex Meraz and I'm utterly besotted with Vic. Still, I did see some cute guys walking around dressed as The Doctor and swooned a few times, not courageous or pretty enough to talk to any of them though! Haha, maybe next year.

I was at the con as Alice Cullen from Twilight. I met a Carlisle, Emmett, Edward and another Alice. I have adopted them all as "family" members and refer to Emmett and Edward as my brothers and Alice as my sister. Poor Carlisle (A girl, as was Eddie!) has ended up as our dad. We only just met but we love each other as friends already!

I wouldn't call it finding love, but I met a lot of nice people who came and introduced themselves.

I apologize again if it looked like I was running away from you. I wasn't working at this show, but somehow I always have four places where I need to be at the same time anyway. :angry:

Stobbs probably got the most conversation out of me, he bumped into me at the hotel. ;)

nope, but romance wasn't why I went haha! There were several guys I saw and met over the weekend who I thought were quite cute though but there's no way I would have had enough courage to tell them so.

I talked to a few people, and a couple off of here, and everyone was lovely. Hopefully the beginning of some friendships, it's great finally meeting people I have something in common with.

I think a couple of people I talked to off of here didn't know who I was, but oh well lol. I met a lovely girl in the queue for Eve's photoshoot, and I had a fantastic time in the queue for Paul McGann's autograph - the two guys behind me were so funny and chatty. And the girl who sat next to me in the Harry Potter talk was brilliant, if you're on here say hi! You were there for mugglenet and I gave you my sister's place.

no but im a very shy guy so find it hard to approach or speak to nice women despite being a large 6ft4 tall guy with an almost skin head and goatee, ppl never believe me when I tell them im shy :-(

those star trek girls were beautiful

this is me

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8833...mp;l=2bc8091337

for some reason no matter what i cant upload an avatar on here :-(

THose guys dressed as the doctors were really hot but i only saw them once when i was in the queue for the phelps twins so i couldn't ask for a photo with them :D but on the plus side oliver phelps stared at my boobs the whole time i was getting my autograph lol

Heh, no.. far too shy to even make friends let alone anything else. I think I spoke to (not including guests) about 3 people all weekend.

Plus not being anything special looks wise and not being in cosplay, doesn't open up many doors for people starting conversations either lol.

I think I should cosplay next year, cosplayers always seems to make lots of friends at these events... heh