True Blood - UK FX Channel Pace

welcome_earthling

Ep 1.01 - Strange Love

Gotta say I wasn't dying to see this series as I haven't actually read the books but boy am I glad I did tune in. Loved it right off the bat.

I have always like Anna Paquin, very different to see her blonde!

I think they did well with the first ep, as I said I haven't read the books so I had no previous knowledge of the story. They explained everything well, I mean I still have questions such as why can Sookie hear thoughts but I guess that is perhaps part of the story since Bill asks the same thing.

There was also no character that I didn't dislike which is a great feat :) Normally there is a least one character that I don't like, looking forward to them built upon.

I loved the whole feel of the ep, considering it's about vampires it didn't have that huge supernatural feel to it. It had a more regular life feel and oh look there is a vampire. Kinda hard to explain.

Nice to see the vamps looking like regular people as well when so many stories/films have them all beautiful.

So as first eps go it was very good, it explained the story and gave a good introduction to both the characters and to the coming series

My friend started to show me that episode yesterday...but I asked her to switch it off¬!!

I want to wait for the box set - I couldnt handle watching one full episode then having to wait months for the next!! ( i dont have UK FX!)

She is raving about it.

Edited by Lara11

I just watched the first episode and thought it was great; I will definitely keep watching. I thought that all of the characters were interesting and think the episode set up the show really well. Can't wait for episode 2!

Ep 1.02 - The First Taste

Ok, it's official!! I am totally hooked.

Found this ep a little slower than the first but still brilliant.

First can I just ask, what the hell is it with that dog that follows Sookie? And was I the only one creeped out over the fact that Sam has a picture of the dog standing over a little blonde girl in his office!!

Also I can't get why Tara has the huge crush on Jason!!! The boy is a complete idiot and she is really smart, she can do so much better than him but they were cute together on the couch at his grandmothers.

Interesting to see brother and sister going different ways in reguards to vamps, Sookie is accepting them where as Jason is developing a hate for them.

So Sookie is developing new abilities thanks to Bill, like she needs any more hassle :) And her grandmother seems to either know more about what is going on or she is just very accepting.

Sookie seems a little confused about Sam, I know she is totally into Bill but I think she does have a soft spot for Sam, she just doesn't love him like he does her. (although I totally love Sam at the moment, so cute :) )

And clearly this show is evil!!! A cliffhanger again!! But new vamps, what are they doing in Bill's house plus one is the Phsyco sex vamp

I love seeing people fall for this show, I saw Season One ages ago and have been dying for it to get on tv here. Season Two is even better!

Oh and Welcome Earthling there's a flashback scene in an ep coming up that will illustrate just why Tara is hooked on Jason (beautiful though he is the boy is indeed and idiot lol).

Oh and watch out for Eric, he has a small part at first but that increases. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE HIM! Actually I love all of them, every character and every actor. They're all amazing.

Oh and Welcome Earthling there's a flashback scene in an ep coming up that will illustrate just why Tara is hooked on Jason (beautiful though he is the boy is indeed and idiot lol).

Good, good. Love it when they explain things like that. I imagined it was something like he rescued her from bullies when she was a kid, I shall see when the flash back happens :)

I bought the first episode on DVD from HMV the other day. I don't have FX so haven't been able to catch any other episodes...if they are even showing yet!?

I liked it. I'm not completely sold yet ut I am sure I will be after I watch the next episode. Think I will be investing in the books for sure!

• Moderators

It definitely gets a lot better from the first episode, so even if you're not in love with it straight away, I'd certainly give it a few.

It's only been on for a couple of weeks here.

I've been away so I've just watched 2 eps in one go :)

Ep 1.03 - Mine

Interesting ep, we finally meet some more vamps.

Funniest bit was Jason dancing, I laughed my socks off so much.

I've actually read the first book now so I've no doubt ruined a few things for myself (typical of me, yes I'm a christmas tree present shaker!)

Ep 1.04 - Escape from dragon house

Jason remains a constant source of entertainment :)

Sam was a bit freaky at the end.

I'm loving Tara and it was nice to see the flashback and why she likes Jason so much. I have to say now I've read the first book I apprciate Tara more.

This series remains great, I find myself constantly dying to see he following weeks ep. I also find the flow between each ep really smooth

See? Tara is awesome. The book is quite different, Tara isn't even in it! You may have ruined it in terms of who the killer is etc (which we won't mention here) but the show is a rather different beast so there's plenty for you to enjoy, not least the trips to Fangtasia :(

I was quite surprised about Tara not being in the book because she is such a pivitol character in the TV series. She is an excellent creation and I love the character.

It's quite easy to see where the story from the book over laps with the show but it's actually really easy to keep them seperate as wall which is a good thing

I was quite surprised about Tara not being in the book because she is such a pivitol character in the TV series. She is an excellent creation and I love the character.

It's quite easy to see where the story from the book over laps with the show but it's actually really easy to keep them seperate as wall which is a good thing

She really is wonderful in the show. The Tara who does eventually make an appearence in the books is nothing remotely like her. God bless Alan Ball for writing her this way.

I agree, I view the books as totally seperate. To be honest I find Sookie a bit annoying and dare I say slightly full of herself in the books but I LOVE her in the show.

Ep 1.05 - Sparks Fly Out

Jason is slowly working his way to becoming my fav character!! Seriously how stupid can that boy get :) Can't believe he was doing V again!! And when he starts to see Tara as some sort of water goddess was funny, can't believe he didn't realise Tara was in love with him, silly boy.

Hoyt was totally cute in this ep, being bossed around by his mum and then try to hit on the woman in the bar.

Poor Sam, he finally got that date with Sookie and he messed it up!! I just wanna slap him and yell 'it's ain't gonna happen, let it go!'

~~~

Ep 1.06 - Cold Ground

Edited by welcome_earthling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This has to be the best thing on the box in a while.

Totally hooked. I very nearly did not watch it cuz sis said it was a bit explicit but pooy to that its awesome.

Sam is my fav ....and can i add that i just can not see why so many are into Eric.

The last episode is on this week, then roll on channel 4. Just wish that there was not the showing season difference between US and UK...it makes avoiding spoilers very differcult.

Just started reading the first book...was interested to read here that Tara is not really in it. Who ever cast the show did a fab job when you compare the book characters to the series ones.

ACE.

• 2 weeks later...

Was away when the last half of the season aired so only just caught up!

Wow, have to say this was an amazing season. The pace kept up and I was never board, the storyline was full through out the series as well.

Did think they kinda rounded up the main season one storyline pretty quickly in the last ep but hey. They also left it open with plenty of questions to be answered in the new season.

Have top say this series has become one of my tops for 2009