Scott Bakula experience and Enterprise Cast Photo

Finally managed to complete my Enterprise cast photo :D

* April 2005 (Collectormania 7): Jolene Blalock

* May 2005: John Billingsley, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, Linda Park, Connor Trinneer

* July 2009 (LFCC): Scott Bakula

Also completed a Quantum Leap photo of Dean Stockwell and Scott Bakula (Dean signed at Collectormania 7 in 2005).

I thought Scott was such a charming guest and I really do hope SM manage to get him back again to a future event. When I presented him with my items to sign he welcomed me (might sound silly but not all guests do this), he took the time to change pens (different colours) for each photo and then thanked me when I left. Might sound like basic stuff but not being rushed through the signing/meeting process is actually pretty important.

His talk on Saturday was terrific, he was extremely comfortable on stage, answered every question with great detail and really knew how to engage and captivate an audience. I wish the talk could have gone on for longer, I got the impression he was enjoying himself too! :D

Did anyone else manage to complete a cast photo or get that step closer?

Hi

Not completed an Enterprise cast shot. However I own a Star Trek Monopoly board which I get signed by people from Trek. Got everyone apart from Anthony Montgomery in relation to Enterprise. He turned up late to 'another' event as he left his passport at home. I couldn't wait so missed out. The annoying thing is I'm working in the states at the moment and went to a event in Tulsa, OK where he was and hardly anyone asked him for his autograph - my board is in the UK as I asked my sister to get Scott to sign it. So I'm still missing Montgomery ahhhh! : )

I'm a bit jealous of your double signed Quantum Leap print. I met Dean also in 2005 but got a single picture as I thought 'They'll never get Scott'...never doubt Showmasters! LOL : ) Any chance you could post a pic of your items? Cheers

Rob

The annoying thing is I'm working in the states at the moment and went to a event in Tulsa, OK where he was and hardly anyone asked him for his autograph - my board is in the UK as I asked my sister to get Scott to sign it. So I'm still missing Montgomery ahhhh! : )

Oh no! I hope you got to meet Montgomery anyway? He has done a few events in the UK in recent years, lets hope he's back soon!

I'm a bit jealous of your double signed Quantum Leap print. I met Dean also in 2005 but got a single picture as I thought 'They'll never get Scott'...never doubt Showmasters! LOL : )

I got two photos signed by Dean in 2005, both Quantum Leap, one on his own and one with Scott (the one i got signed yesterday). I just hoped that I'd have the oppertunity to meet Scott one day, and 4 years later I have!

Any chance you could post a pic of your items? Cheers

I'll see what I can do, I can never upload any photos too quickly as whenever I use my digital camera after an event I like to play a game when I get home called - "where the **** is the USB cable hiding now?"

Locutus

Hello,

Yes I was there! I thought he did a great Q&A. I was abit concerned that it might be an expensive flop, especially with the average setting and nosy background. But it seem to be enjoying his time over here, and gave thoughtful answers to all questions asked. Good session, although it was amazing to think that QL is now over 20 years old.

I was amazed he even sang abit, and look forward to him coming to the West End one day.

Any chance you could post a pic of your items?

I have taken a photo now but realise the forum has no facility for uploading files only tags for linked images, therefore I need to create a flickr or photobucket account which I'll try and do tomorrow... watch this space.

Did anyone else manage to complete a cast photo at LFCC?

Locutus

Scott Bakula was an excellent guest and I had a wonderful day, he was a true gent in the signings, the photo shoot and an excellent talk, I couldn't have asked for more. Despite being really busy he managed to make time to engage with you , talk and make you feel very welcome, and you didn't feel rushed , many other guests could learn a lot from him.

Part of me didn't expect I would ever get to meet him, but when you meet one of you real acting heroes, part of you fears you may be disappointed, but this was certainly not the case.

Getting autos from Scott certinaly brought a couple of things to completion:

1. He was the last one of the main Enterprise cast that I hadn't met or got an auto from.

2. He completed my set of Star Trek Captains (Well, at least if you don't count Chris Pine !!!)

I missed Dean Stockwell in 2005, so here's hoping he now comes over again and I can complete the double Quantum Leap shot I started on Saturday with Scott.

I enjoyed meeting Scott and he was great! Was a little rushed however as I was getting 2 things signed. The rush/excitement meant he signed the wrong side of my DVD box set :YAHOO: - not the worst thing in the world but a little disappointed I didnt notice due to the excitment/rush. Esp as it was 25 quid...

Getting autos from Scott certinaly brought a couple of things to completion:

1. He was the last one of the main Enterprise cast that I hadn't met or got an auto from.

2. He completed my set of Star Trek Captains (Well, at least if you don't count Chris Pine !!!)

Excellent! The 3rd item I got him to sign was an 8x10 of the star trek captains. I've actually met every captain but didnt acquire this photo until my third encounter with a captain.

The Enterprise poster I got at another show a couple of years ago, now finally has all signatures :)

Isn't it great to finally complete something like that! In my case I'd waited over 4 years to complete my Enterprise cast photo, although I'm sure many people have had to wait far longer to complete such a collection. Just got to get my DS9, TNG and VOY cast photos complete now...so plenty more events/conventions to go to yet!

Did anyone else manage to complete a cast photo at LFCC?

Locutus

Yep, I did.

The Enterprise poster I got at another show a couple of years ago, now finally has all signatures :)

Same here! (BT and I are friends actually) Started this one in 2002 with Dominic, and have completed it after 7 years and 2 months.

MUCH more distressing: I brought a tube with some posters, including a print of the Enterprise cast with all sigs except Scott's, and it's gone! I lost it at the airport on the way in :blink::no::uhoh::D

I was just kicking myself for not paying more attention, but after getting distracted being searched at the security gate (I was frisked), I didn't see it on the rollers, and must have left it there. Am still trying to find out if it's been found. I SO hope I'll get it back, it was just missing Scott's sig, but had Anthony, Jolene, Linda, John, Connor, Dominic and Vaughn Armstrong. Am absolutely gutted, REALLY mad at myself, and was yelled at throught the phone by my husband... And rightly so!

As for my experience: I brought my own QL pic, and Scott was immediately quizzed by the man next to him (not sure who he was, light blonde hair?) about what episode he was, to which Scott could only reply: "You were in it!". I was wearing a Star Trek t-shirt with built in wifi-detector (maybe you saw me, it was glowing)and when I explained what it was, they both went "Cool!". At the photoshoot later on, Scott remembered and called me glowing wifi-girl.

I just thought he was lovely. He was really relaxed, nice to everyone, and took just enough time to not make you feel rushed, but was still speedy enough to see many fans.

MUCH more distressing: I brought a tube with some posters, including a print of the Enterprise cast with all sigs except Scott's, and it's gone! I lost it at the airport on the way in :smile::no::P:wub:

I was just kicking myself for not paying more attention, but after getting distracted being searched at the security gate (I was frisked), I didn't see it on the rollers, and must have left it there. Am still trying to find out if it's been found. I SO hope I'll get it back, it was just missing Scott's sig, but had Anthony, Jolene, Linda, John, Connor, Dominic and Vaughn Armstrong. Am absolutely gutted, REALLY mad at myself, and was yelled at throught the phone by my husband... And rightly so!

Goodness me how awful, I wish I could think of something comforting to say! I sincerely hope it makes its way back to you somehow. Not a very helpful remark I know but mistakes like this happen, dont punish yourself over it.

The outfit sounds great, I dont think I did see you though!