WHAT WAS SUNDAY LIKE?

Sunday was really great too (I've just posted my praise of Saturday!) :D

I only decided this morning that I was going to go back today - desperately wanted to meet the Phelps twins! And I wasn't disappointed! I got a photoshoot with them, and spent the rest of the day mooching around the stalls, taking in the atmosphere and admiring all the cosplay-ers; there was an amazing version of Captain Jack Sparrow, and Prince Edward and Giselle from Enchanted that weren't around on Saturday.

It seemed to me like there was more people on Sunday (possibly due to the belated presence of Peter Facinelli!) but I did turn up at about 1pm.

Had a great weekend! Roll on the next one SM!!!! (Once my bank balance has recovered, of course!)

Echo :YAHOO:

Im gonna have to say I found the day quite disappointing, simply because I found there wasn't enough going on to keep me there for the length of time I had to wait for my last signature...

I've been to a fair few shows of this ilk, both SM ones and those run by the distinguished competition, and this is the first time I felt that there was a distinct imbalance between the virtual queue "lengths" and the number of stalls in the place - after going round the place a couple of times I was pretty much done, and ultimately left before I got the autograph I wanted the most because it would have been at least another hour based on the numbers that were called at the time.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy the rest of the time - the autos I did get were cool enough, and unlike previous events me and my friends got photos done with Carbug, R2-D2, the Stormtroopers, and so on.

But one of the main reasons me and my friends attend these events is to go round the stalls and see what's there- sometimes with something planned, sometimes in a pot-luck scenario. But this time round, there seemed to be far fewer dealers than at any show I'd been to previously - I may be wrong, but there seemed to be less here than the last CM I attended (in the shopping centre), but in a much larger area. And even then, on the occasions where I had exhausted my trips round the dealers there was something else to do/somewhere else to go while waiting - this time round, I would have essentially been doing nothing but virtually queuing, which I thought the virtual queues were supposed to eliminate.

Now, I appreciate that I didn't go for "early bird" opening and that may be my downfall in waiting so long for the auto, but I just wanted to make this known, as I hope SM will appreciate the feedback - I'm sure not everyone had this experience, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one who did.

Thanks,

Damien

From what my daughter has been texting all day today was even better than yesterday.

Certainly getting in was easier. When we arrived at 8:30 yesterday the queue was massive (though I will admit it moved very quickly). I am told that when she arrived today at around the same time there were only about 30 people in the queue.

She had no problem getting her Peter Facinelli photo which had been delayed from yesterday's passport mistake.

Well done to all who were involved it was a great show

Today was great, especially as my first ever convention.

Its safe to say that I am deffinately going back next year - with even more cash!

The cosplay-ers were amazing, there was a girl sat in front of me in one talk who was dressed (really realistically) as Alice from Twilight! =)

It was an amazing day. Even if I did get a bit star struck in some of the photo shoots so I look a little err - weird with a fake smile. haha!

Winner..!! Well done To Jason & all at SM; Easy to get in with no queuing, relaxed atmosphere, Autographs prices pitched largely correctly, no Tears or fisticuffs with anyone. Sadly some guests were Saturday only, but plenty of talent on Sunday - Danny 'Machete' Trejo a Real Legend and all-round decent chap! Highlight of the Show for me was 'Alexandra Moen' from Hotel Babylon, Absolutely Gorgeous (Marriage Material You might say) ...no harm in dreaming!

I'd done pretty much everything I wanted to do on Saturday so didn't have much to do today (Sunday), went to the Heroes and Star Wars talks and got the free autograph that was available. Was disappointed by the heroes guests not really bothering to answer questions in the talk though :D Then the rain trashed some autographed pictures :D

I did both days (sat on my own and sun with wife and kids) and found both of them much busier than last year. I've not had to queue so long for a doctor who sig before (only Eccleston missing from my pic now - well apart from the dead ones!) anyway,

found the stalls abit samey - lots of photos and autos and not much else. I also think that whilst I understand why SM do this I thinkt he most popular guests should be spread out along the back wall rather than all crammed in the middle part as big crowds gather there and no one can get past.

Overall an enjoyable 2 days but not quite the same standard as last year.

The only bonus is that at 35 I have my first celebrity crush!! (Keeley Hawes)

there was a girl sat in front of me in one talk who was dressed (really realistically) as Alice from Twilight! =)

I remember her, she got up during the Sunday Japanese talk. It was a great costume, the hair style really suited her and she was very pretty!

Overall the day was great, I got to meet all of the people that I wanted to and got their autographs, even had a laugh with Eve Miles and got some photos of the cosplayers, but there were a couple of points that let it down.

Firstly I was slightly disappointed with the amount of stalls that were there this time, the last Earls Court event seemed to have a lot more, and I got round them in quite a short time.

The second gripe is the way the photos were managed after the photo shoots. There were a lot of people still waiting for pics to come out as it got close to 5pm when the show ends. Those who asked what to do if they have to leave before their photos arrive were told to write their details and a description of themselves on a piece of paper and they'd mail it out!

This didn't impress anyone since there were a lot of people who looked similar who all had photos taken and this meant there was no guarantee that they would get the right photo, but the crew member didn't seem particularly bothered. :D

I thought there was a procedure for people who, for whatever reason, can't be there to pick up the photos but if there was none of the crew seemed to know.

We were lucky because we were able to stay later to get them, but I pity those who couldn't.

Certainly getting in was easier. When we arrived at 8:30 yesterday the queue was massive (though I will admit it moved very quickly). I am told that when she arrived today at around the same time there were only about 30 people in the queue.

I arrived at around 8am on both days and was surprised to find the Sunday queue shorter, especially after Facinelli's no-show on Saturday. I think it's possible that many people hadn't noted the revised 9am opening time (it was originally meant to open at 10am on Sunday).

i agree with sian about the photoshoot collection, it was mass mayhem and not organised at all. we had to catch our bus home at half six and thought we had organised it so that we would have enough time had it closed at five as noted however we waited well after five and the crew were saying that it would be after six or later when the photos would be done because the last bunch were coming together. i agree they didnt seem bothered at all and they even ran out of forms for the people who couldnt stay so people were writing it on pieces of paper. so i left my Paul McGann picture and HOPE it reaches me

this is my only negative point about the day though, it was our first convention and were able to find everything easy. we met everyone we wanted to meet, bar Peter who's price had increased. my favourite guest had to be Alexandra Moen she was so nice and talked to us for ages, and of course Peter Facinelli even though we only had the shoot with him.

I thought Sunday was amazing! My day was so packed it felt like it went even quicker than Saturday, even though I'd exhausted the stalls on the Saturday. It really didn't feel like I was there for 8 hours. I went to the Star Wars and Harry Potter talks, had photos with Scott Bakula, Eve Myles and the Phelps Twins, and got autographs from Paul McGann and Eve Myles. I had a lovely chat with Eve despite her being so busy, and Paul McGann was a complete gentleman too.

I arrived at around 8am on both days and was surprised to find the Sunday queue shorter, especially after Facinelli's no-show on Saturday. I think it's possible that many people hadn't noted the revised 9am opening time (it was originally meant to open at 10am on Sunday).

I ended up arriving at 9:20 yesterday and there was no queue at all, I just walked straight in. There was no pay on the day queue either! I was expecting to queue for ages - on Saturday I got there at 8:45 and didn't get in until 9:15, with a big queue still behind me.

Edited by lizzy88

so i left my Paul McGann picture and HOPE it reaches me

I was waiting for a McGann pic too. They arrived at 5.40pm, in the last batch of the day. At about 5pm, an announcement was made over the main PA that the hall was being left open until this last batch had arrived, though they didn't say when this would be. As soon as those pics hit the tables, the show was over (though some shoots were still not back and would have to be mailed out). I bet you get your pic just fine, stace. From comments on this forum, the process for mailing them out after the show seems to be pretty solid. If there are any problems or queries, no doubt you'll be contacted.

Though I've been attending these shows for years, I'd never tried photoshoots before this weekend, preferring to save some money and grab pics at the signing desks. This year, though, I thought I'd give it a whirl and booked five. In for a penny...

I'd read comments about the speed the photos are taken, but seeing it myself was something else. The pace of certain shoots actually made me laugh, which set a suitable tone for the moment it was my turn to smile for the camera. I agree with those who say 'if you want to meet a guest, go to get something signed', because the photoshoot process is pretty soulless. It's a means to an end, though, because I think that the product is great. Looking at everyone's photos, it's so rare to see a bad one. The end result doesn't look like it's come off a production line - it does have soul - and it's a nice souvenir of the day you spent a couple of minutes in a guest's company (ie, meeting them over the signing desk).

The downside is definitely the long wait for collection. Lots of people seemed disappointed by this, especially those who were still waiting to collect at the official closing time. I thought that the crew at the collection area did a good job in sometimes difficult circumstances. But I also think that, going forward, Showmasters would do well to invest in their own photo printers, so that everything could be processed on site and an hour or two chopped off waiting times. The kit isn't that expensive, and at the very least it'd avoid raised eyebrows when the crew tell people that they're waiting for someone to bring the prints back from Boots.

Edited by MinkyKnights

I only attended on the Sunday and thought it was fantastic! The only downside was the Heroes talk as the guests couldn't hear the questions and then they didn't answer them. Dominic Keating would not be quiet and done the talking for all of them. Bruce was as miserable as has been mentioned in the other thread. I know it was a free talk but I feel it could have been a little more structured with someone hosting and asking the guests for their answers. At times it was a little embarrassing.

There weren't as many cosplay people as I remember from Saturday last year, but there was a totally awesome Jack Sparrow and Dr Manhattan which made up for not seeing a Rorschach anywhere :YAHOO:

Random sight of the day was some bloke from Eastenders surrounded by Doctor Who props. ;)

As expected the Twilight boys and Harry Potter twins were extremely busy.

Jimmy Jean Louis was so friendly as was Paul McGann who spoke to us whilst getting Jimmy's autograph.

I enjoyed Sunday and the bonus was that the tube didn't seem as busy on the way home :YAHOO:

Sunday was my first ever convention and I think it was briliant. Seeing countless people in costume brought a huge smile to my face (anyone else see the guy as Harvey Dent?!?) I may even think of going as something next year. Crew were great, the stalls had some fantastic finds and a majority of the celebrities I met were lovley (Nods especially to McGann, Mignogna & Trejo!) Also the guy going round In a dalek saying "I HOPE YOU GET MY GOOD SIDE!" when people were taking photos with him. Very cool, without a doubt going next year and maybe even get the early bird ticket.

I loved Sunday, and due to the fact it was less busy than Saturday, it was a bit more comfortable too.

Jay: My cousin took me to meet Vic Mignogna. I'm not an anime or manga fan, but she was very excited to meet him, and he was a terribly nice guy. He just seemed constantly happy, despite the factt he visitors to his table didn't stop coming, and was happy to have a chat with everyone. the fact he didn't charge for the privilage made it even better!

Before we got to meet him, he was messing around with a girl who my cousin told me was dressed as a character from the Metal Alchemist series he did voices for. They were having arm wrestles and he picked her up and span her after she pretended to punch him to the floor. My cousin took a few snaps of it. It was VERY funny. What a nice man :)

NatalieX: Yeah I remember being in the que with all the countless girls in the Que with me who when they got an autograph asked for a photo with him and when they did it was a huge hugging embrace and sods law if I were to ask for one (being the only guy in the que) it would be that aquward side by side standing ridgeg photo, so I decided to just get my autographs and a chat with him while still trying to reassure myself that Fullmetal alchemist is manly and there are many more men who like the show and were just busy at that point.

Also did anyone see the girl who cried when he hugged her at the Q&A?

Still a very very nice bloke. Hope he comes back soon!

Also going back to something I said before, Danny Trejo was just briliant to meet, I wasnt going to get his autograph but when I realised this is his first and only UK signing for a while I thought sod it and put my cash on the table. He was really approachable and seemed very apperciative of anyone interested in meeting him. He even slung his arm over me without any hesitation as if we were mates when we were talking and about to have a photo. And the gossip about an upcomming Machete movie was great.

Great guy cant wait to see him again!

Edited by JaySchluffy

I only went on the sunday and it was my first LFCC, and i can say that i truly had a blast! The atmosphere was awesome, no one being negative, cool stuff for sale and meeting Alex Meraz *humanah humanah* was the highlight! He said he loved my shirt and was asking me loads of questions, he gave me a hug and when i went to have my picture taken, the photographer had to do it 4 times (embarassing) because my glasses were being weird! But alex was just like "don't worry its cool!" and laughed it my ear, but on the plus i did get to hug him for longer! :blink: Can't wait for next year!

I was waiting for a McGann pic too. They arrived at 5.40pm, in the last batch of the day

omg that must have been literally a minute after we left, we were worried about missing the coach so we left early because we didnt know how often the sunday tubes were plus they would be busy.

but like i say, thats the only negative thing i can say about the day apart from that it was fantastic!

Me n my friends had a really good day, it was the first time they'd been to anything like this and they said it was awesome! Guests we met were really friendly and the gaming zone kept us occupied when we had nothing to do XD

I went both days on the Saturday we went straight from the airport dumped our bags at the Boka one the coolst hotels ever.

I got alot of my autographs Saturday so didn't have to carry alot about with us.

I liked Sunday apart from not being to get my photos like alot of people and it was so so rushed I understand why they had to rush them but you didn't even ge to say hello and thanks.

I thought the stalls would have had more, there was plenty of twilight stuff but I was looking for a paul M,cGann and found one stall that had a pic and was same as the one you got there. My friend did get a very cool painting.

I did like Saturday better but I think that was because I didn;t have to keep a eye on the time for our flight.