Who was your favourite guest at LFCC 2009?

Slightly early since the event is still going but for those of us who are finished for another year, who did you enjoy meeting the most?

Had to be Keeley Hawes for me. She talked to everyone for ages (at least during the morning - I don't know if they would have tried to speed things up later) and I don't think I've ever felt so at ease with a guest. She was really lovely and chatty, gave you her complete attention and was so enthusiastic. A total joy to meet.

That said everyone I met was so lovely and kind this year. The guests seemed to be really relaxed and into everything. It was great to see.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only met Mary Ryan, Casey Collier (and his artist - didnt get his name), Chris Sarandon, David Prowse only for photo and the same for red dwarf

Mine has to be Mark Ryan. He was such a nice guy and you could tell he enjoyed speaking to everyone in his queue about what ever they threw at him.

I only ended up meeting Alex and Justin, but I can't choose between them, they were both happy to talk for ages (sorry to anyone stuck in the que behind me :chair:) and pose for photos. Justin remembered me from 'Eternal Twilight' which was really nice and once my Alex photo had been printed, I went to show him and thought it came out nice :chair:

I can't pick between them since I had great experiences with both of them :chair:

I can't choose between Keeley and Jewel. Both were absolute angels.

Keeley talked to me for about 5 minutes and was so adorable even though she said she was a bit overwhelmed by how many people were wanting to meet her. She also wished me and my friend a great day as we were leaving which was really sweet.

Jewel was so lovely, she was happy to chat while she was signing my photo and she shook my hand and smiled at me as I left.

Even though they were not allowing posed photos, I have to say these two guest encounters were the most pleasant and enjoyable I have ever had!! :) And I definitely hope Showmasters can bring them back soon.

Both Jewel and Scott were fantastic but I'd have to say Jacob Kogan was the best. He was so into the whole affair and seemed really mature for his age.

Jacob Kogan certainly looked nice from where I was standing~ But my ego stops me from getting autographs from people younger than me XD *regretting that now*

He walked passed me at one point, and he's tiny. Wikipedia tells me he's 14.... I really thought he was much younger.... :/

I only met Michael Shanks, 'cause Scott Bakula had too many people to sign :geek:

But Michael Shanks was amazing :( And very touchy-feely in the photoshoots XD; Though it felt like he was trying to give me the Vulcan nerve pinch 8D;

But yeah, he was really nice, between all the eye-contact he gives you and the... mini-backrubbing (dunno how to call them..), it didn't feel like he was treating it just like a job~ Admittedly, that was only the second time I did a photoshoot like that so, can't really compare :3

Vic was my favourite, had to queue for ages to meet him but it was so worth it. I gave him a plush toy and he was really happy and I got a big hug and my friend took a picture of us hugging with the Tamaki plush that I had made too XD I'd heard he was nice to his fans but that was beyond anything I had hoped for.

Jacob Kogan Was By Far My Favourite (:

I Kept Going Back To Talk To Him As He Didn't Have A Queue A Lot Of The Time.

He's About My Age As Well Which Made It Easier To Talk To Him.

My Cousin Says I'm "Smitten" By Him :(

And I Have To Say Justin Chon Is Absolutely Hilarious!

I Got Two Pictures With Him And The First Is Rather Amusing :geek:

i met :

Sendhil Ramamurthy

Jimmy Jean Louis

Keeley Hawes

Michael Ironside

Anna walton

Chris Sarandon

Scott Bakula

Edward Furlong

all were great, but would rate scott and chris as the best of a great bunch

the dude :YAHOO:

Went yesterday nad had to be keeley and Michael Ironside for me - waited 25 years to meet him and was very chatty didnt feel rushed at all. keeley was a sweetie and also happy to chat.

saw on another post someone wasnt happy to have to wait while other people in front of them chatted too long but i would rather wait my turn and have some time (not too long) rathe than a quick hi and be moved on.

Keeley Hawes was best for me :D

Although it was only a fairly short conversation, she spoke to me and my 5 year old daughter about Lara Croft and other kids characters. She askes my daughter what her favourite character is to be be told "Jack Skellington" :wub:

Scott Bakula was great too :YAHOO:

Alex Meraz was fine!!! And commented that he really liked the new moon pic i had bought from a stall and he hadnt seen it before

Justin was so funny

Sean Mcguire was also pretty fine!! This was a last minute choice but am glad because he was so friendly

Oh and the kid from star trek. How cute and he seemed thrilled to be there

Can't decide between Jewel Staite and Eve Myles!

Jewel was really lovely and we had a little chat - would've been longer if I hadn't completely frozen and forgotten how to speak when I went up to see her XD

Eve was a darling as ever... she made me laugh becuase when I went to get her auto I gave her a photo of her and Kai to sign which Kai signed at the first Hub con last year. I said to her I'd been waiting since then to see her to get it signed and she said "Ooh, I'd better get a move on then! Some people have been waiting a couple of hours - you've been waiting since October!" and then burst into fits of giggles XD So funny :-) It was worth the over-2-hour wait to see her!

I just need to keep telling my feet that, I think... ;-)

I met Keeley Hawes and Michael Shanks and they were both wonderful. :D

I'm a massive Ashes to Ashes fan and have previously met Philip Glenister, who is also amazing, down to earth and gorgeous. Keeley is also friendly, smiley and chatty. A wonderful woman, so full of warmth. She had time for everyone and myself and the group of friends I attended it with all left absolutely adoring her, even more so than before.

When I had my photoshoot I asked Michael if I could have a hug and he said "Sure!" and just gave me a wonderful hug. I thanked him afterwards and he said "No thank you!" :D Such an absolutely charming man, so cheerful and friendly.

I had a fantastic day yesterday and for me these two were just absolute stars. :D

Keeley Hawes was the only guest I met on Sat as Peter Facinelli didn't show and she was rather nice, understandably overwhelmed with the busy environment as it was her first time attending a convention. We talked about hairstyles and I said I liked her normal hair. I wouldn't be surprised if she was like "What the heck is up with this girl?" because I kept going on about her different A2A hairdos ehehe.

James and Oliver Phelps were very friendly. I behaved in a total zombie manner when I reached the desk which I'm ashamed of but they still acted cool with me :) Sorry boys I swear I didn't mean it!! But they recognised me when it came to their photoshoot ^^;;

Peter Facinelli was really busy signing on Sun so he hardly talked to me when it was my turn for an autograph. He did briefly comment on my Kuroneko hat (black cat from Anime/Manga series Trigun) and said he was fine after I asked how he was.

Eve Myles - my god she's just so sweet. I agree with the majority of people who have met her in the past. Such a bubbly woman, really chatty. I laughed from her reaction when she saw my hat. I explained I normally don't wear hats and can't afford to cosplay yet but she thought the hat was nice and suited me lol XD

Edited by vash-chan

i met,

Danny Trejo

Michael Ironside

Sean Maguire

Ed Furlong

Keeley Hawes

Dominic Keating

Bruce Boxleitner

Scott Bakula

Mark Ryan

Chris Sarandon

all of them were very nice, friendly and chatty, even Keeley and Scott you were the busiest, i actually spent most time chatting to Sean Maguire i think, said he had just done the commentry for the Krod Mandoon dvd which is why i was meeting him, just a shame they had run out of Krod pics.

My neice met all 3 Twilight people you were all very good to her even Peter who was very rushed. Danny Trejo who almost seemed a bit weired out to be meetin a 9 year old but was great with her and hgih fived her when i said she wanted to meet him after seeing my photo and recognising him from the Jonas Brother new video...

Angelica Mandy (who is beautiful btw) and The Phelps twins who were also very nice and very good with her, only prob we had was running around trying to find something we could get the twins to sign, no pics anywhere!

Overall it was a great if not really busy weekend