Who was your favourite guest at LFCC 2009?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was great to meet Dave Prowse. He was friendly even though his voice had gone and he was struggling to get his words out.

I also give Alex Meraz bonus points for being on the guest side of the table to allow for better photos, and being patient when I realised I had my girlfriend's camera set on the wrong mode!

The Phelps' were great too.

She said Phillip Glenister and then when I was all no he's too posh she was like....''yes but every now and again he could just drop into Gene''''' and then did an amazing growly impression of Gene Hunt!!!!!!

Sheer brilliance :D

Excellent!! :lol:

Alex Meraz was totally charming, Justin Chon was lovely as always, Jake Lloyd was lovely, & Thomas Sangster was really sweet (& has beautiful handwriting). :D

Scott Bakula singing at the end of his talk was an amazing surprise, & Dominic Keating was very flirty, lol. :YAHOO:

I had a lovely chat with Eve Myles about her helicopter trip between the HMV signings (London & Cardiff) on the Friday - scared of flying, bless her. :P

Non-guest wise, most of the crew were very helpful & informative & made the event very enjoyable, so thanks to them too. :wub:

Keeley was wonderful-She said I made her day..pretty big compliment for a Lara cosplayer..coming from Lara herself lol.

Justin was soo sweet

Edward Furlong was amazing. I love that man..He was just so sweet. I met him twice and he was super nice the second time..pretty taken back by the pet semetary 2 poster i think, and he took the time to tell me about the movie :)

Alex was lovely too, although i think i worried him

We, as a family, have been to many SM signings now and out of all of them, this has to rate as being the friendliest event ever!

Every single guest was chatty and willing to talk to fans. Some just seemed to be caught on 'off' days for some attendees (Jake and surprisingly Bruce seemed to be tired or jet lagged and so not at their best at all times)

Highlights? Tricky....

Getting hugged tightly by a young Sith Lord (only to find it is because he wants to steal your backpack!).

Chatting to Michael Ironside about V and TOTAL RECALL.

Meeting Scott Bakula, what a pro and a gent he is. Obviously busy but always polite and enthusiastic. he's the star and yet he thanked me for coming back to get my auto personalised, because he'd just been too busy the previous day, trying to get everyone through.

Michael Shanks, also a decent bloke. Chatted about SG and how we'd been lucky enough to meet his colleague, Mr. Browder recently...his words? "Oh Ben's such a great guy"

The two Doctors...Both Tom and Paul were very friendly and had LOADS of time for fans. This was a REAL BIGGIE for me as Tom was my equal favourite Doctor from the original sequence. Wanted to meet him but missed him before. As for Paul, he was so generous with his time, even though being really busy. I commiserated him on how his version of the Doctor was almost the 'forgotten' Doctor and how he'd never really had much of a chance to shine on the screen. Even so he was upbeat about it and was happy to recreate the role on radio.

Chloe Annette. What can any red blooded man say about Chloe Annette? Well, how long have you got? This was the first time we met her and she was happy to chat and was eager to pose in a photo with us. There was a gorgeous photo of her in her selection, in a black outfit. I made some off ahnd comment about just how obvious it was which phot I was going to chose and her hand went strainght to it! :D She was just stunningly beautiful (much more so than on the screen), a total delight and totally delicious.

Despite my initial reservations, this has turned out to be our best SM event so far and we are a 100% dead cert shoe-in for next year's LFCC.

gotta be eve myles,my 5yr old son has met her twice whilst they were filming last year.as soon as she spotted him she got excited that her no1 fan had come and told him that the picture he drew her was in her house.she told him he was now officially a torchwood member and he had to help her fight aliens lol.cannot stop telling people how lovely she is and alex has a huge smile on his face and is chuffed she remembered him.

Met Eve at a precious CM with her, John and Kai and yes she is just a dream, clearly loving the success and attention but never losing that essential modesty that she just seems to emit.

As a man, she has an appeal I can only describe ...I don't know....girly? She is very cleary a very attractive woman. But she just seems to have a modest, naturalness about her. At CM I just could not resist and told she was lovely and she blushed and pulled out the most 'room-brightening' smile I have ever seen.

To me, innocent charm (despite physical attraction) + modesty (despite huge success) = GORGEOUS!!

gotta be eve myles,my 5yr old son has met her twice whilst they were filming last year.as soon as she spotted him she got excited that her no1 fan had come and told him that the picture he drew her was in her house.she told him he was now officially a torchwood member and he had to help her fight aliens lol.cannot stop telling people how lovely she is and alex has a huge smile on his face and is chuffed she remembered him.

Met Eve at a precious CM with her, John and Kai and yes she is just a dream, clearly loving the success and attention but never losing that essential modesty that she just seems to emit.

As a man, she has an appeal I can only describe ...I don't know....girly? She is very cleary a very attractive woman. But she just seems to have a modest, naturalness about her. At CM I just could not resist and told she was lovely and she blushed and pulled out the most 'room-brightening' smile I have ever seen.

To me, innocent charm (despite physical attraction) + modesty (despite huge success) = GORGEOUS!!

I totally agree I couldnt have have put it better myself.

I also met Mark Ryan we where chatting about the film and his family and posed for a photo over the table and I asked if he would do me a favour and record a message to my 5 year old son as one of the autobots from transformers and he thought about it for a second and very kindly recorded a message in the voice of Jetfire from "The rise of the fallen"

I played it to me son on Monday morning when he woke up and you should have seen the smile on his face. Come to think of it mine was rather wide too!!

It was a pleasure to meet him.

:D

A little bit biased as I only really went for the Red Dwarf people, but Chloë Annett [whose birthday's tomorrow by the way - random fact] was my personal favourite - it was the 2nd time I've met her, but she remembered me, let me stay near her table pretty much all afternoon (I was her one-girl entourage, lol - I usually only do that for Marina Sirtis when she's here in the UK though!), and even gave me a chocolate bar and a biscuit. :D [Clearly I'm easily pleased.] A little less impressed I had to explain the thing I'd made (inspired by the episode 'Backwards') saying "Nodnol Film and Comic Con" though(!)

If any of you saw a girl wearing black clothes and a tiara loitering somewhere in the vicinity of Chloë on Saturday afternoon, that was probably me - hello in particular to anyone I talked to.

I think it's sort of appropriate that I was around Kochanski (well, nearly) on the anniversary of Jane Austen's death, which for some reason is normally a really bad day for me - OK, I got my arm partially-shut in a Tube door in the evening (it's bruised) but the rest of the day was more like: :WINCE:

This is only vaguely relevant (I can explain why if anyone's curious) but it looks nice:

:band:

You worried him? In what way??

The wolf pack had been in the Daily Star on Sunday and I'd seen it but didnt have a copy, so I told him about it..it was saying that the Quilette tribe weren't happy with the movie or something, and he looked awfully worried and asked the crew to get him a copy lol..I think he was more taken aback by the fact they used his picture(with the other wolves of course)

I do wonder if he managed to see the article?

While all of the guests I did meet were fantastic, I would have to say on the Saturday Michael Ironside was the man & the Sunday belonged to Eve Myles.

And SlippDigby? You aren't alone in falling for her charms. At the Hub 2 I told her she was gorgeous at her signing (it just slipped out) & I got a very squeezy hug later at my photoshoot.

You worried him? In what way??

The wolf pack had been in the Daily Star on Sunday and I'd seen it but didnt have a copy, so I told him about it..it was saying that the Quilette tribe weren't happy with the movie or something, and he looked awfully worried and asked the crew to get him a copy lol..I think he was more taken aback by the fact they used his picture(with the other wolves of course)

I do wonder if he managed to see the article?

Oh, Ok... I guess he was kinda worried, indeed! I don't know if he managed to get a copy of it though... Anyone?