Who was your favourite guest at LFCC 2009?

It's sooooooo difficult to choose! I met Scott, Jewel, Sendhil, Alex, Justin and Tome Baker: They were all fantastic guests!

I cant choose one so I'll say something nice about all of them!

Scott: Busiest guest of the weekend but had time to chat to everyone, shook his hand 3 times, chatted for a couple of minutes and he personalized! Top guy!

Jewel: Such a sweet lady, chatted to her about twitter and firefly, she posed for a picture for me! SOOO glad i met her!

Justin: REALLY CHATTY! talked to him for like 5 minutes about our hatred of flying/planes and he said I had the best name he'd heard in the UK (and doodles on my autograph as well)

Alex: He's dreamy and very very charming...ladies beware! Up for a chat as well which was great, also said my name was very beautiful.......I swooned! (I'm not even that big a twilight fan!)

Sendhil: Quite quiet, but personalizes and will have a conversation with you....good guy!

Tom: HILARIOUS! (no need to say more)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult to choose even if I restrict it to guests that I had never met previously. Michael Ironside, Sean Kenny, Scott Bakula and Jake Lloyd were all excellent to meet. Scott wins out here and may have been my favourite overall....

....however Jewel Staite was also in the room. Quite possibly the friendliest, warmest guest I have met.

Would definitely be the jewel in the crown if she attends the next Chevron

i would have to say 3 of the comic book guests i meet were my fave

john charles who drew me a were wolf which was just fab.

henry davies who drew me dennis and gnasher

lee townsend who drew me wolverine

vic was fab too !! bring more dubbers please!!!

and for movie/tv star would be danny trejo he was just so friendly and happy to see everyone (not that others werent) the guys a ledgend!!

thanks sowmasters for getting great guests

er this is difficlut- michael ironside i saw him really early and he chatted for ages before signing for me, BUT michael shanks was lush and scott bakula was great had a long chat with him, anna walton was so lovely as was eve and jewel. mark ryan he was such a great guy!!!! stood for ages in his queue but was well worth it.

Had a great day yesterday, met Dave Prowse, Jerome Blake, Hugh Quarshie and Jake Lloyd. I was looking forward to meeting Jake Lloyd the most as i really wanted young Ani's autograph but he left me very dissapointed. He was miserable, didnt seem like he wanted to be there and to be honest i thought he was very rude. At least ive got his autograph now so i wont have to bother with him again. All the other guests were top class and very nice to meet!

SCOTT BAKULA was great, shook our hands and chatted even though he was being rushed for his photo shoot.

MICHAEL IRONSIDE was wonderful. I cant describe how friendly approachable and nice he was.

CHRIS SARANDON was so good we went to meet him both days. My daughter is a huge Jack Skellington fan and has watched the movie practically every day since the video release (ahhh life before DVD's) He made her feel very special. I am a fan of Fright Night so it was a great experience for mother and daughter.

MICHAEL KEATING was chatty and nice and it was great to meet him.

ANNA WALTON again a great meet, friendly and chatty

PAUL McGANN funny and good to meet

I cant decide who was 'the best' as I did attend this event to meet one guest specifically but they were all great and gave this fan a wonderful experience

Thanks Showmasters :D

I thought michael shanks was brilliant, talkative, funny, polite, interactive, friendly, I was very surprised. such a nice guy, and he was mega busy saturday and relativly busy sunday and still he was always smiling and friendly and talkative, I was very impressed, would love to meet him again. even in the (military presision run, in out no talking photo area A) he was saying hi how are you to everyone, brilliant, brilliant guy

all the ppl I met aside frazier hines were similar (mcgan/baker/courtney) all very nice, polite, talkative, tom baker didnt believe I was 6ft4 tall, he thought i was taller, he was saying its a long time since ive had to look upto anyone and another photo had to be taken cos he was mid saying no your taller, I dont bellieve you when the pic was taken lol, paul did a sorta cuddle/hang on my photo with him cos he couldnt reach over my shoulder cos of my height lol,

I had an amazing time and aside my bad experience with fraizer i thought all the guests were very good with the fans, if I had more money i would of seem more ppl, was dieing to see jewel, eve, ironside and scott

but michael was just amazing

I was looking forward to meeting Jake Lloyd the most as i really wanted young Ani's autograph but he left me very dissapointed. He was miserable, didnt seem like he wanted to be there and to be honest i thought he was very rude.

I went to go see him, and he was a bit grumpy.

But on the other hand, he's at school, he's a young bloke, and probably doesn't want to be stuck with doing these events for the rest of his acting career as Young Darth Vader.

So yeah, he was grumpy, but I guess I got lucky, I met him as a favour for somebody else, so I didn't feel cheated out of my money. He was a nice bloke if you said the right things (alcohol, it's always alcohol), and, despite the fact it was as I was leaving, I could see a bit of the student and Proper Jake Lloyd in there when he smiled at being able to drink over here. :D

OOH, and Thomas Sangster, he was lovelyabubble. Heh, let him know I was rather cross he didn't get the part of Tintin, he would have been perfect.

I met Jimmy Jean-Louis and spoke with him in french for 10 minutes, as I knew he used to live in Paris. It was like talking to a friend , he knew the place I live very well too. I had to come back in the afternoon (forgot an auto for a friend!) and he immediately recognised us. Very chatty and nice guy, he was happy to speak french but was forgetting how to write it down it seems :D

I met The 3 people from Red Dwarf and got them signing my french DVD. It was the 1st time they saw Red Dwarf in french. I was at last able to ask from where Craig Charles was as it's because of him only that I had to rebuy my Red Dwarf DVDs subtitled in french, I just can't understand one word from that guy! I mean I can understand Scottish accent now, but not Craig Charles! Very frustrating :P From Liverpool they told me... Mmmm? I used to listen a lot to the Beatles when younger and I always understood them during the interviews! This accent might have mutated through time? :WAVE: They were all very nice and chatty. We laughed a lot.

I met (and had a photoshoot) with Mickael Ironside. He was the main reason I was there in fact. Great guy, very chatty with everyone. He was calling me darling all the time. When I got our photoshoot signed, he told me he was starting to look like his father :D

I met the guys from Twilight. Justin and Alex are really nice young fellows. Seems Alex was fed up with beeing seated. He was standing up all the time. THey were both smiling and having fun.

I met ( at last) Peter Facinelli , the Guy Who Put LFCC Upside Down...Nice during the photoshoot on sunday morning (I was not far from the beginning so the guy was still awake) but absolutely gone while signing in the afternoon. I really tried to have an eye contact but no. He answered me though and thanked me but he was not there with us....He was surely very tired as he had double photoshoots and autographs to do, well done: next time he won't forget his passport :D

I met the Phelps twins: Seems they were slighly underestimated from the showmasters...And it's an understatement right?

The queue for signing were like one hour long (in the morning, but I heard they got VT in the afternoon..) And the photoshoot was crazy too!

But they were (as usual as I met them before) very friendly, chatty and nice, never rushing people. You can see the difference between those very nice british guys, never touching people while posing for a photo, and young american guys like Justin and Alex who'd hug you without thinking twice: It was funny to compare those educational behaviour :D

I met Josh Herdman , nice too but I was a bit in a hurry at that time.

I met Scott Bakula who was absolutely great!

Even at the (rushed) photoshoot, he always managed to say hi, to smile to everyone, to thank, he was just doing his best! Great guy! The way he was eager to please the fans really impressed me!

He was very nice at the autographs too. Same nice manners, chatty and everything! Nothing to compare with Facinelli in fact... Awsome guy!

I was a bit afraid with the new Manga Zone, but I must say it all went smoothly, the different zones were really apart from each other and the young cosplay people were not annoying at all, thanks God. I noticed Too Tall telling to some of them to put down a ' free hug' poster nicely, which was done immediately.

All in all, I really had a great time and must say the Showmasters' organisation was really good. They went through the Facinelli problem the best they could, thanks for that!

Just never underestimate Potter Fans :D

Thank you Showmasters!

I had a pic with Peter who was very gracious and happy and then did the autos with alex and justin and ended up chatting for about 10 min with alex who is the most down to earth amazing guy and I cheekly got 2 hugs lol lol he is a very good hugger and not secretly hoping SMget him for twiproms imagaine a kellan/alex sandwich in the prom pic lol lol

The HP talk was good and the actors seemed very laid back and funny and derek (charlie from eastenders) was chatty too but the all time best was either Danny (cat red dwarf) and alex who both spend a lot of time chatting :D good on you guys x roll on next yr :WAVE:

i loved Peter Facinelli, he was so nice :) we didnt actually meet him because they had upped the price to £20 and we couldnt afford it but he seemed very nice with everyone and was laughing and joking during the photoshoot.

We met Alexandra Moen, and i have to say she was lovely!! she spent awhile talking to us about babylon and doctor who ..

AlexMeraz was an absolute dream to meet, He was super friendly & chatty & gives amazing hugs. Kellan Lutz has some competition in the hugging department now ;)

Peter Facinelli was great yet again, As was Justin Chon. Sean Maguire was very sweet & friendly & the Phelps twins are legends !

All in all I had a great weekend & would go back to meet any of the above again given the opportunity

For guests this was my favourite event

Scott Bakula was brilliant, he shook hands and took the time to chat and even personalised his autographs which is unique for someone so popular.

Michael Shanks was a great so friendly, chatty and has a good sense of humour

Jewel Staite was my favourite guest for this event, she is Kaylee from Firefly so wonderfully friendly and chatty. :blink:

I would meet them all again if I could so thanks to the guests for making the day so fantastic.

Without a doubt for us it was Eve Myles.

She was awesome, really friendly, chatted away to us like old friends for ages especially with my daughter.

She said she was acting very crazy on that day and she kept forgetting who she was making the autos out to and just kept laughing.

Also when we went in for the photo shoot hours later she remembered my daughters name and gave her a huge hug in her photo.

A thoroughly lovely lady who I definitely hope to see again.

:D

I had a pic with Peter who was very gracious and happy and then did the autos with alex and justin and ended up chatting for about 10 min with alex who is the most down to earth amazing guy and I cheekly got 2 hugs lol lol he is a very good hugger and not secretly hoping SMget him for twiproms imagaine a kellan/alex sandwich in the prom pic lol lol

:D:wub::(

i didnt meet him but everyone i spoke to when we were queueing for photoshoots and talks said Alex Meraz was lovely and friendly, each time we walked past his signing area he was hugging people. it made me want to meet him but i had to be sensible with money haha.

i didnt meet him but everyone i spoke to when we were queueing for photoshoots and talks said Alex Meraz was lovely and friendly, each time we walked past his signing area he was hugging people. it made me want to meet him but i had to be sensible with money haha.

when i took my neice to meet him he was our side of the table so he could get better photos with people...

my favourites included keeley i could see she was chatting away to the people in front of me and when it was my turn i said i really enjoyed the 2nd season of ashes and she said it was great getting positive feed back. also jewel and scott were both very friendly. i wasn't going to get jacobs but when my mate got his he seemed so thrilled that i went back later and got his too.

Paul McGann. No contest. He was absolutly wonderful, and even more gorgeous in real life. Frazer Hines was a charming man too. And very chatty.

fraizer I was going to pay for his autograph untill i got the free ticket, the only reason i was getting his auto was cos i wanted a photo with him and he wasnt doing a shoot, im not much of an autograph person, I prefer a photo and a hello and a hand shake, i was in the que, he was taking photos with other ppl and the crew member handing out virtual tickets said I could take a pic, when I got to him I was all hello sir nice to meet you, im a big fan went to shake his hand and the only reason he shook my hand i think is cos i caught him off guard but he gave me a bit of a funny look, when I went to take a pic he just looked down and the crew mwember gave me a dirty look and said no pics.

I work at earls court so I was around all day both days and after this I saw him doing photos for other ppl. I was very upset. I dont know if it was him or the crew member didnt like the look of me or if there was a no pics with the free ticket policy? if thats the case i would of paid!!!

not good at all, very disapointing for me as I loved him in doctor who :-(

For me the best guests I met were Keeley Hawes (Saturday) and Eve Myles (Sunday). Two terrific ladies who were so friendly and appeared happy to chat and make you feel special. Excellent guests who made my day(s).

Also special mention to Scott Bakula, despite being very busy he was extremely courteous and an absolute gent.

I haven't seen too many comments here about Jimmy Jean Louis but I'd like to add that he was great too. A terrific smile, a big hearty laugh and a lovely sense of humour.

I met Jimmy Jean-Louis and spoke with him in french for 10 minutes, as I knew he used to live in Paris. It was like talking to a friend , he knew the place I live very well too. I had to come back in the afternoon (forgot an auto for a friend!) and he immediately recognised us. Very chatty and nice guy, he was happy to speak french but was forgetting how to write it down it seems :D

I met The 3 people from Red Dwarf and got them signing my french DVD. It was the 1st time they saw Red Dwarf in french. I was at last able to ask from where Craig Charles was as it's because of him only that I had to rebuy my Red Dwarf DVDs subtitled in french, I just can't understand one word from that guy! I mean I can understand Scottish accent now, but not Craig Charles! Very frustrating :P From Liverpool they told me... Mmmm? I used to listen a lot to the Beatles when younger and I always understood them during the interviews! This accent might have mutated through time? :D They were all very nice and chatty. We laughed a lot.

I met (and had a photoshoot) with Mickael Ironside. He was the main reason I was there in fact. Great guy, very chatty with everyone. He was calling me darling all the time. When I got our photoshoot signed, he told me he was starting to look like his father :D

I met the guys from Twilight. Justin and Alex are really nice young fellows. Seems Alex was fed up with beeing seated. He was standing up all the time. THey were both smiling and having fun.

I met ( at last) Peter Facinelli , the Guy Who Put LFCC Upside Down...Nice during the photoshoot on sunday morning (I was not far from the beginning so the guy was still awake) but absolutely gone while signing in the afternoon. I really tried to have an eye contact but no. He answered me though and thanked me but he was not there with us....He was surely very tired as he had double photoshoots and autographs to do, well done: next time he won't forget his passport :P

I met the Phelps twins: Seems they were slighly underestimated from the showmasters...And it's an understatement right?

The queue for signing were like one hour long (in the morning, but I heard they got VT in the afternoon..) And the photoshoot was crazy too!

But they were (as usual as I met them before) very friendly, chatty and nice, never rushing people. You can see the difference between those very nice british guys, never touching people while posing for a photo, and young american guys like Justin and Alex who'd hug you without thinking twice: It was funny to compare those educational behaviour :D

I met Josh Herdman , nice too but I was a bit in a hurry at that time.

I met Scott Bakula who was absolutely great!

Even at the (rushed) photoshoot, he always managed to say hi, to smile to everyone, to thank, he was just doing his best! Great guy! The way he was eager to please the fans really impressed me!

He was very nice at the autographs too. Same nice manners, chatty and everything! Nothing to compare with Facinelli in fact... Awsome guy!

I was a bit afraid with the new Manga Zone, but I must say it all went smoothly, the different zones were really apart from each other and the young cosplay people were not annoying at all, thanks God. I noticed Too Tall telling to some of them to put down a ' free hug' poster nicely, which was done immediately.

All in all, I really had a great time and must say the Showmasters' organisation was really good. They went through the Facinelli problem the best they could, thanks for that!

Just never underestimate Potter Fans :YAHOO:

Thank you Showmasters!

Sorry if I'm wrong but is that you Laurence?