Post Your Casey Collier Sketches

I got a Generation 1 Springer which Casey did in the design of Springer's Cybertron form in the IDW comics:

caseycollerspringersket.jpg

And I also got a Generation 1 Sixshot:

caseycollersixshotsketc.jpg

What was great was Casey was very kind enough to do both of these for me free of charge. When I met me last year (Where I got an Optimus Prime and Rodimus Prime sketch) we ended up talking about the Japanese Generation 1 shows (Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory) and Casey hadn't seen them. Between then and now, I ended up with two sets of them on DVD and the extra set was gather dust not being used, so I took them to LFCC2009 and asked Casey if he had seen them yet, which he hadn't so I gave him the extra set and he couldn't believe I was giving them to him. So I went to get a Springer sketch and he said I could have that for free, so I decided to get two and pay for one and he refused to charge me for them.

I had John Paul Bove scan them in and paid him for the color prints he was doing. I was only there yesterday (Saturday) so it wouldn't be finished, but John said since he wouldn't want to rush these ones, he'd take his time to make them look really nice and then send them to me by the end of next week.

I'd like to say thanks to Mario from the Apocalypse Comic stall for getting Casey, Shane and John there for this year and thanks to Casey, Shane and John for being grade A guests, had fun talking to them and Mario.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

who was the artist doing the scanning - did it change as we had a really nice chat with the guy with the dark hair and t-shirt (it may not have changed I wasnt sure)

he was such a nice guy

didnt get to chat to Casey as was too busy drawing lol

He was SUCH a nice guy - We watched him colouring for about 10mins just in awe at the skill having admired Casey for about the same

I dont really care what they are drawing (if it be manga, anime etc - I just had an interest in this one) I just find the skills out of this world. I could of watched him all day but I think he might of been scared lol

The 3 I saw was Casey. Guy with beard and red iron man (I think) t-shirt and John Bove, correct?

Is there any way I can paypal money to casey for another one, I keep looking at mine wanting another one done?

I second this request. Two years in a row I've missed out on being able to get a Casey sketch and I'd love one to put up on the wall in my newly decorated dining room!

here mine for the legend that is casey

P7190029.jpg

P7190023.jpg

P7190022.jpg

and some other sketches by Phil Jiminez

P7190024.jpg

P7190020.jpg

P7180002.jpg

and andy lanning ( who was bored so drew me as wolverine)

P7180001.jpg

Is there any way I can paypal money to casey for another one, I keep looking at mine wanting another one done?

I second this request. Two years in a row I've missed out on being able to get a Casey sketch and I'd love one to put up on the wall in my newly decorated dining room!

I will ask and get back to you ASAP.

I asked too late, he was already backlogged. I had spent too long deciding on if I'd like Soundwave or Jazz. I eventually decided to just ask him which one he prefers drawing.

'Oh Jazz, definitely' which would've been great, (Especially as I'd bought a Jazz figure from a stall earlier) I saw the previous posters' Jazz and Powerglides up behind him. He had just finished a Grimlock, which looked great.

He apologised for not having enough time to do any more sketches and signed a Megatron No More print for me so I didn't leave empty handed.

Nice guy and really talented. Would love another opportunity to get him to draw me that Jazz!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, you should hopefully have your prints by now - both with added Cyberton-y, rubbly goodness and a spangly background. It was really cool to have met you and it'd be awesome to see you again next year!

j-p

www.wordmongerer.deviantart.com

I got a Generation 1 Springer which Casey did in the design of Springer's Cybertron form in the IDW comics:

caseycollerspringersket.jpg

And I also got a Generation 1 Sixshot:

caseycollersixshotsketc.jpg

What was great was Casey was very kind enough to do both of these for me free of charge. When I met me last year (Where I got an Optimus Prime and Rodimus Prime sketch) we ended up talking about the Japanese Generation 1 shows (Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory) and Casey hadn't seen them. Between then and now, I ended up with two sets of them on DVD and the extra set was gather dust not being used, so I took them to LFCC2009 and asked Casey if he had seen them yet, which he hadn't so I gave him the extra set and he couldn't believe I was giving them to him. So I went to get a Springer sketch and he said I could have that for free, so I decided to get two and pay for one and he refused to charge me for them.

I had John Paul Bove scan them in and paid him for the color prints he was doing. I was only there yesterday (Saturday) so it wouldn't be finished, but John said since he wouldn't want to rush these ones, he'd take his time to make them look really nice and then send them to me by the end of next week.

I'd like to say thanks to Mario from the Apocalypse Comic stall for getting Casey, Shane and John there for this year and thanks to Casey, Shane and John for being grade A guests, had fun talking to them and Mario.

He was SUCH a nice guy - We watched him colouring for about 10mins just in awe at the skill having admired Casey for about the same

I dont really care what they are drawing (if it be manga, anime etc - I just had an interest in this one) I just find the skills out of this world. I could of watched him all day but I think he might of been scared lol

The 3 I saw was Casey. Guy with beard and red iron man (I think) t-shirt and John Bove, correct?

Hey there, thanks for the kind words - I had such an awesome time and I met so many cool people. A lot of people were fascinated by the craziness of me trying to colour prints at the con, but everyone was very cool so I was happy to let people see what I was doing!

I think maybe next time though I'll set a max for the number I'll do on the day. I'd hoped to do one an hour but I was only really happy with the quality of them if I had at least 2 hours per pic. So they took a bit longer but the pics ended up a lot better as a result. Good things come to those that wait...

And on that note - hope to see you next year!

j-p

www.wordmongerer.deviantart.com