Noooo! Major water leakage!

It must have been about mid-afternoon, my gf and I were at one of the stalls when she noticed my bag was, um, leaking. Turned out a bottle of water had lost its lid and filled up my bag...the one WITH my autographs in! Aaaghh! Que lots of running around and grabbing towels. Luckilly the friends we had met up with that day help me dry them all out in the sun. The 8x10's were pretty much ok but the DVD covers I got signed were a bit more soggy, but I guess it could have been a lot worse, didn't loose any of the auographs in the end.

Has anything like this ever happend to anyone else? Just curious? If so, I hope you were as lucky as I was by catching it in time.

Edited by Charmer

Poor you!

I keep my autographs in my Mary Poppins style bottomless handbag because it has two seperate comparments, so my autographs can go in and be safe from getting squished by all the other junk in there.

Edited by Princess83

I've never destroyed my autographs with water, but at the last convention I went to, a bottle of lemonade leaked into my bag. The part with my £400 digital camera. My dad eventually got it working when I got home, but pressing the buttons still makes a sound not unlike a thin sugar-wafer.

The best part: as I was coming home the next day, a bottle of water leaked into my bag. Again. Only this time, I had put my expensive new laptop in my backpack so I had space for my defunct camera in my suitcase.

Incidentally, I opened up my bag on the train home today, and the thermos of raspberries I had in my bag had somehow leaked, so now my gloves, wallet, and copy of Charlie Brooker's Dawn of the Dumb are all sticky. :|

I had to walk part way home in heavy rain, my autographs were in a plastic folder/case but rain got in through small gaps and ruined my signed Enterprise cast photo :D

Back at one of the very early Collectormania MK's, I had collected Jeremy Bulloch, Ray Park, Dave Prowse and Temeura Morrison. Sitting outside Costa with a coffee, a woman shoved past and knocked my coffee off the table into my bag. The ink ran, the photo's were ruined, but amazingly she gave me the cash to go and replace them.