Any last minute queries/worries/etc?

• Moderators

OK, so I know we've had numerous topics with questions and whatnot, and we have a lot of new people to this event - either first timers to LFCC, or even first timers at any event!

I just wanted to give people a topic in case anyone wanted to double check anything, if you're still unsure about certain things etc, then please ask. I'd rather people were as relaxed as possible beforehand, and just look forward to the event!

Obviously a lot of knowledgable people will be disappearing from tomorrow, whether travelling or setting up the show etc, so this is probably the last night where the majority will still be around :poki:

Just a couple of helpful links that you can check before asking:

TICKET ISSUE FAQ

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=51430

(For cancelled orders, international orders, non-arrival of tickets, wrong/missing tickets, upgrading entry)

ANSWERS TO FAQs

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=47457

(Autographs, talks, photos, etc)

GUEST DAYS AND PRICES

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=50084

TALKS AND PHOTO SESSIONS SCHEDULE

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=51000

(Main movie/tv guests)

TALK ZONE 2 SCHEDULE

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=51139

(Comics, cosplay etc)

TRAVEL WITHIN LONDON

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

(Best site for Underground etc. Check 'Live Travel News' for closures and up to date info)

That covers the main things I think B)

I'm sure there's plenty of other info around to, so do search! But if you wanna ask, go ahead :D

And to finish, I hope EVERYONE has a fantastic weekend. I realise there's been a lot of stress with tickets recently, but I'm sure once everyone gets there, it'll be a fantastic atmosphere and a really enjoyable event for you all.

I hope you all get what you want without any worries, and I'll no doubt see some of you there :(

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am unclear about where babies come from, could you clarify this point for me please.

There was this Bee and then there was this Bird right, and then the Bee stung the bird well you now where it goes from here...............don't you?

• Moderators

I am unclear about where babies come from, could you clarify this point for me please.

I'm afraid your mummy and daddy withheld that information from you for a reason!

I can confirm that you can't purchase them on the door, and I don't believe any stalls will have them.

Sorry.

There was this Bee and then there was this Bird right, and then the Bee stung the bird well you now where it goes from here...............don't you?

i never actually got the birds and the bee's story...

i never actually got the birds and the bee's story...

Bees sting, I should keep well clear of them!

Yes, there'll be queues for Gold, pre-booked, and pay on the day.

Are these queues going to be clearly marked or am I going to arrive and not have a clue which queue to get into?

Also, assuming I get there at around 9, can anyone give me an estimated time for when I'll get in?

Edited by Christoff

Are these queues going to be clearly marked or am I going to arrive and not have a clue which queue to get into?

There are signs on the doors, but before you walk there you may be better off asking the person at the end of the queue. :thumbup:

Also, assuming I get there at around 9, can anyone give me an estimated time for when I'll get in?

That's hard to say, but as TooTall has said the crew works pretty fast. Shouldn't be more than a couple of minutes.

There are signs on the doors, but before you walk there you may be better off asking the person at the end of the queue. :thumbup:

Thanks, are alll these queues next to each other or at different parts of the building?

That's hard to say, but as TooTall has said the crew works pretty fast. Shouldn't be more than a couple of minutes.

I think (can't find it now) that I saw TooTall reply to somebody who was arriving at 8:30 and he said they'd get in by about 9:15, is that right? How much difference would that half an hour make?

Thanks, are alll these queues next to each other or at different parts of the building?

One on the left of the main doors, one on the right. Last time

Mind you last year some on the day people got in quicker than the prepaid!

Edited by TerraHawk

I think (can't find it now) that I saw TooTall reply to somebody who was arriving at 8:30 and he said they'd get in by about 9:15, is that right? How much difference would that half an hour make?

This is a guess what he posted, but it should be about right.

I really can't tell how much difference that half hour will make. Usually the closer to the time the more people arrive. But I've seen 2 people arriving within half an hour and I've seen huge groups of people arrive within half an hour. It's hard to estimate with the current popularity of Twilight.

That's how it's been done all the years before. One left, one right, Gold Passes in the middle. I don't think that will change.

I'm so ignorant around London, I have never gone further than London Victoria.

I was wondering what do you think would be the best tube to catch from London Victoria or Clapham Junction like one that is nearest to Earls Court.

Also I heard that there were some problems with trains on that day, would that make it more difficult.

Mind you last year some on the day people got in quicker than the prepaid!

Naturally, the doors are opened at the same time so the people at the front of the pay-on-the-day queue will get in before the people towards the back of the pre-paid queue. Pre-paying doesn't mean you get let in before the pay-on-the-day merely that when you do go in you don't have to queue to buy your entry ticket.

I'm so ignorant around London, I have never gone further than London Victoria.

I was wondering what do you think would be the best tube to catch from London Victoria or Clapham Junction like one that is nearest to Earls Court.

Also I heard that there were some problems with trains on that day, would that make it more difficult.

According to the train site: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ that David linked above your fastest way would indeed be the District line from Victoria and that's the one that's partly closed. I don't think it's closed between Victoria and Earls Court from what I understand, but somebody may be better at reading maps than I am. :thumbup:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Moderators

If going to Victoria, you won't have problems with works on the trains.

Just get the District Line. You can use the TFL link above to plan your journey, and indeed it's not closed in the area you'll need to use.

• Moderators

since there's new areas etc will there be good signage/maps available to get an idea of the layout?

There should definitely be some things to look at to help once you're there.

But to give you a vague idea, this is from another topic, thanks to johnhuk and Too Tall:

LFCC.jpg

John,

That's not bad. That's pretty much the layout.

The only major differences are......

STAGE 2 will likely be where you have photo pickups.

Photo Session 2 will be on the left side of the hall.

i went last year, plus posted in that forum :-P i just wondered if it would be different/if there'd be help finding the new areas :-P but thanks.

*sorry just seen the extra notes too.

Edited by JessCansBe1337