and can you believe it Jack isn't dealing with stuff he's just running away

I think I cried through most of the ep

I can't believe they did this

I am so angry

This series shouldn't have existed, they've ruined it

There's no way there can be a 4th series from this

I just feel empty

I'm absolutely furious

Well RTD had season 4 written but he better bring Jack back, and reanimate Ianto

exactly. Otherwise it wouldn't be Torchwood, it would be the Gwen and Rhys + little Gwen/Rhys show

I can't believe how royally fucked over I feel

This series shouldn't have existed, they've ruined it

There's no way there can be a 4th series from this

I think it was a great mini-series, a great story, however I know what you mean, it feels as if this was the end of Torchwood, pretty much all of the main characters are dead, Gwen is having a baby, Jack is evil and ran away lol :wub:

My new facebook status, to counter all the angry ones:

"Don't be sad guys, he's gone off to be with Cpt John forever! Husband and wife, remember? :wub:"

haha. Now we just need a Captain Jack and John show to counteract the sheer crapness that's happened to Torchwood.

I really enjoyed it up until the last half hour when everything started being solved and that was a complete let down. As my friend says, RTD is so good at writing himself into a corner, and just cant get out.

And the solution was so bloomin simple, why didn't they think of it the first time the aliens came? honestly.

And the solution was so bloomin simple, why didn't they think of it the first time the aliens came? honestly.

lol I though that. They could have solved it before they went in guns blazing literally and Ianto would still be alive =(

But I suppose that wouldnt have made good tv.

I do feel kinda let down. We'd aready lost Owen and Tosh so was there any need to end with just complete devastation?

*sigh*

It was a bloody good 5 hrs of tv though.

xxxx

I do feel kinda let down. We'd aready lost Owen and Tosh so was there any need to end with just complete devastation?

*sigh*

It was a bloody good 5 hrs of tv though.

Yeah, this series was just so emotional. And being on consecutive days it just amplified it. And with Ianto being my favourite character it just feels so crap, especially as I really think the end could have been better than that - I feel like Tosh and Owen's deaths really did achieve something, and worked so well in the story. But Ianto's just seemed superfluous to me.

And oh yes, it was amazing TV.

Edited by lizzy88

I've waited an entire week to watch all episodes together. Started at five and finished half hour ago.

I can safely say there is not enough alcohol in world to heal the brainpan. My God!

Well I just got in ten minutes before it finished and was hiding in the bedroom. I'm in a bit of a downer so didn't want to depress myself more.

I personally think that killing Ianto was a big no-no. As a bisexual woman, I think that there should be more same sex couples on telly. It needs to be done.

Television shows are supposed to be a release from the crap of the world. And sadly TW series 3 has made me feel really crappy and I won't be watching the last ep. Its been good don't get me wrong, its just...I dunno. Jack and Ianto didn't really feel right in this series. They seemed very distant from each other.

Sorry, i'm on my soapbox. I will be quiet now.

Television shows are supposed to be a release from the crap of the world. And sadly TW series 3 has made me feel really crappy and I won't be watching the last ep.

yeah, I haven't felt this crap since before I was put on anti-depressants. And TW has helped me so much in getting through the crap in my life these last 2 episodes just hit me far too hard.

I'd reccommend watching the last episode though, even if only to resolve the series. I will say I was so glad my mum was here, and that she'd read spoilers so she knew how I was going to react.

Television shows are supposed to be a release from the crap of the world. And sadly TW series 3 has made me feel really crappy and I won't be watching the last ep.

yeah, I haven't felt this crap since before I was put on anti-depressants. And TW has helped me so much in getting through the crap in my life these last 2 episodes just hit me far too hard.

I'd reccommend watching the last episode though, even if only to resolve the series. I will say I was so glad my mum was here, and that she'd read spoilers so she knew how I was going to react.

Yeah, I don't think I've cried so much in my life lol.

I probably will but not yet. I'm just in a weird mood and crying now for some odd reason lol.

Yeah, I don't think I've cried so much in my life lol.

I probably will but not yet. I'm just in a weird mood and crying now for some odd reason lol.

haha me neither. I didn't even cry this much when my mum got cancer, she was saying to me just now she hadn't seen anything hit me this hard before. Feels rediculous though as it's just a TV series, haha.

I'm sure I'll like this series more after I've watched it a few more times. The series was fantastic, I just didn't find the end satisfying.

SPOILER ALERT

Jack is back for the final two episodes of DT as the Docto0r according to reports of his appearance on set in costume.

There is always a way out in sci-fi land. This was a terrific series and I cannto see why people think that they were robbed. Many answers still weren't supplied. The end was a cliffhanger so to speak. New characters can come in, and there is always a chance Ianto can come back. Jack is off running, but it could be a cover for him looking fro a solution to bring Ianto back.

RTD wouldn't leave it like this as TW is his baby. Keep the faith.

excellent overall series :thumbup:

Torchwood is great because of the gritty, downbeat, some say depressing nature - it is the opposite of Doctor Who and far away from typical Hollywood feel good factor,must end on a high,popcorn flicks that they chuck at us

if Doctor Who is Return of the jedi, then Torchwood is Empire strikes back - in the words of Dante hicks "that is what life is a series of down endings" - i am not being a doombringer - just stating that's life

i believe i have watch 5 days of the best TV in ages.

Hey this is torchwood - any thing can happen - i can say season 4 is high likely - keep watching the skies

the dude :thumbup:

Hey this is torchwood - any thing can happen - i can say season 4 is high likely - keep watching the skies

the dude :thumbup:

Damn straight, the BBC would be making a big mistake not green lighting the fourth. Rating have been amazing all week.

I cross my fingers, not sure if I can wait a whole year!!

Afraid I wasn't that impressed with days four & five.

After day four, I was saying 'There has to be some sort of plan - Jack & Ianto can't really have just planned to walk up to the 456's tank and point guns at it - there'll be some clever secret plan'...

No, apparently not.

Ianto's death was a bit pointless, just when he was getting some background detail, and we've lost a character on primetime TV drama that was LGBT, and his sexuality wasn't central to the plot, or shocking or anything, it was just part of the person. We need more people like that in telly...

The PM's instruction to Frobisher was totally unnecessary dramatically, except to prove the PM was evil, which we'd noticed.

Jack's grandson didn't need to die, as this is sci-fi - the premise is whatever the writers say, and technobabble can justify any deus ex machina.

The first season of Torchwood was occasionally brilliant, but was so often not quite as good as it could be... Season two was much better, and I'd hoped the show was really starting to fulfil it's potential.

Not like this it isn't - we're back to occasional brilliance which could be so much better.

Edited by Travels hopefully

Now I've had time to think it through I recon they've killed off basically everyone except Jack, as Jack's basically the magic formula. He's the constant in TW, like the Doctor is in Doctor Who. DW keeps going because it keeps changing, with new regenerations and new companions. I've just realised that to me this feels like the end of this part of Jack's life, so when he comes back he'll have a new team - or new companions so to speak. So his life and the fact that he can't die may take on a more Doctor like route as they're rather similar in the fact that they have to keep moving on from everyone they care about. It's just in TW they die.

I really hope Ianto could come back, but tbh I can't see it happening no matter how much I wish.