New convention!

showmasters

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we will have some more guest very soon :WAVE:

we are running around for this event but it will all come together

but you can still do something for us all keep letting other people know about this event we need you all to help with this

if this is to be the first event of many we need to get a few more of you to attend this first event that way we can get a good lot of guest to start it off

every one attending this event will be put on to a list and what the next event is planed you will get something for helping us get this first event off the ground as a thank you

now we have lots we are still planning to do for this event but we do need more of you to attend so please get the word out to as many fans as posable

we are not going to cancel this event if we do not reach the right numbers this going ahead what ever but we can get bigger named guest if more of you attend so help us make this an even more amazing event

thanks to you all and see you all there soon

jason -_-

Cool, the word is out I think part of the problem is a lot of people are sat waiting to press the purchase button but are wanting 'bigger' guests... chicken and egg I guess :)

Will keep spreading the word though xx

got to miss this one. would have loved to have taken my young daughter but the wife decided to have her 40th birthday on the same weekend did tell her it was bad planning on her part and she should have been born 2 weeks later. that didn`t go down to well. Only joking love the wife really. Hope you all have a great time

Already got my tix really hoping for some guest annoucemnts soon my sis is coming to her first ever con and her first sm event in 3 years so fingers crossed.

Also im already on Sms list for Lost, so this'll be two lists i'm on now but neither are Jacob's whether that's a good or bad thing i don't know!!

On a serious note if the guests don't materialise i think this will be my last time putting money forward in Faith for sms, girl can only do it so many times.

But i'm gonna stay optomistic for now even tho the clock is ticking.

Already got my tix really hoping for some guest annoucemnts soon my sis is coming to her first ever con and her first sm event in 3 years so fingers crossed.

Also im already on Sms list for Lost, so this'll be two lists i'm on now but neither are Jacob's whether that's a good or bad thing i don't know!!

On a serious note if the guests don't materialise i think this will be my last time putting money forward in Faith for sms, girl can only do it so many times.

But i'm gonna stay optomistic for now even tho the clock is ticking.

sorry hwat is it exactly th sms list for Lost?

^ basically those who went to lockdown their names were on a list and they are supposed to get some kinda of voucher to use at a future event if they booked another event.

what she means is, as shes on the lost list, and now on the HP list, will she get both or just one.

It's quiet in here.

TOO quiet!!

I know they say 'no news is good news' but I'm not so sure...

Can Prof. Slughorn rustle up a potion to create guests? (And a cheap flight and hotel room) :smile:

I can see both sides of the problem here. Showmasters need money from attendees to pay guests but no-one wants to hand over their money until they hear who the guests are. I have registered and intend to come to the con whoever the guests turn out to be because two of the guests already announced are people I haven't met before. However, I'm not planning to come for the whole weekend unless some better guests are announced. I only live a bus ride from Euston and Northampton isn't much further than Milton Keynes, so I can commute for one day if I have to.

I think one of the main problems from the attendees' point of view is that the hotel wants the room money up front. And no-one wants to pay until they know whether they want to come for the whole weekend or not. I've booked a room I can cancel if I want to and only have to pay for if I stay but I noticed a couple of days ago, when I was looking to see if I could get a cheaper room somewhere else that there are very few rooms available in Northampton hotels on Saturday night. So anyone who can't commute may find it difficult to get a hotel room at the last minute and decide not to come.

For those of us who only want to come one day, it would help if Showmasters could tell us whether the current guests are going to be there all weekend or on different days, so we can decide when to come.

Janet

I'm truly not that fussed about who the guests are and it's certainly not the main reason I'm going!

I'm looking forward to going to themed parties and runnind around a hotel with a cloak on, sadly I don't get much chance to do it on an everyday basis :)

Mostly though I'm looking forward to being with other HP fans, not so many of my friends are into it and so it'll be fun for me to sit around chatting theories (I still have unanswered questions) with people who love what I love.

The guests will be fun but I think the Quidditch party and the Yule Ball will be the best bits!

But this is my first ever Con so I've no idea what I'm talking about really.

The parties will be good fun, lol and the excuse to run around with a cloak on is a good one, I've tried it here almost got locked away :P!

the guest issue I think most likely comes down to the prices people have paid for this, those that have forked out £120+ without disrespect to any of the current guests for that price it's pretty expensive to... run around with a cloak on. Nevertheless the money is now spent and so I personally will be running around double speed to make up for it heh

Have you got costumes for the parties? x

As I sit here with less than a week to go and the likelihood of my attending decreasing by the hour, I'm wondering if SM should run fan-only cons.

We've come to expect guests at SM/ME cons, the chance for autographs, photo ops, etc but now I wonder how successful a non-guest con would be. Since there are always those who say 'doesn't matter about the guests, we're gonna make our own fun, hang out with other fans and just celebrate our fandom' , should some cons be organised just for them? It'll take less to run with no guests to book but will still sell tickets (but won't need to sell as many) if people know inadvance that they're just coming for the fun of it. There could still be dealers, cosplay, parties, just no famous faces.

Personally, cons mean autographs and the chance to meet people I like, admire or just plain fancy (Jewel Staite!!!!) but that's because as well as being a fan, I'm also an autograph collector.

Would it work?

Would you go?

Who here is going to go to Muggle Mayhem if no further guests are announced? If you do, more power to you. I hope you have a great time. ;)

It is leaving it really late, I mean I'd make my choice by wed/thur, but how would u receive your ticket by then etc?:/

The online shop will close on Wednesday at 6pm, therefore the Registration Ticket Letters can still be posted out on Thursday to hopefully arrive to you by Friday.

As long as there were lots of activities at a fan only event of course I'd go, but then there are so many events that could be ran, grounded quidditch, classes, seminars, lectures, parties, wrock gigs, house-based parties and so on!

I really will be the one legging it around in a cloak...at least until I trip over it and poke myself in the eye with my wand :)

No costumes as such foir any of it, wizarding wear of course, but I'm not dressing as any canon characters, I'll just be random witch #48 or something!

If constructive opinion was unwelcome here, it wouldn't be allowed on here or exist in its current form.

Feedback happens after every event, and many things are taken on board.

That's not to say that it won't be replied to with an opposing opinion though ;)

They'll sell tickets at the event itself anyway.

It is leaving it really late, I mean I'd make my choice by wed/thur, but how would u receive your ticket by then etc?:/

The online shop will close on Wednesday at 6pm, therefore the Registration Ticket Letters can still be posted out on Thursday to hopefully arrive to you by Friday.

thanks to both of you :D

• Showmasters Admin

Seen as im arriving on saturday afternoon, will the registration process still be as per normal?

Yes. The reg desk will be open in the afternoon. If for some reason it's not, just ask any member of the crew and they'll get hold of someone to help you register.