NEW EVENT - In The Shadow of the Moon - Twilight Proms London/Midlands

Massive Events

I really don't understand why Showmasters can't give us the city each event is being held in, so we can at least think about travel costs, whether we'll need hotels, etc. before Monday. Giving someone half an hour to look at everything is totally stupid, in my opinion, as is the lack of prices. Even a rough idea would be nice. "Less than ET2" is not helpful.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Debs - Glad you know now, we did wonder where you were

Hi Rhi God the only night I don't go on ;) sods law - without the text from Tracie & Juliette we wouldnt have known until this morning once again Big thanks.

Awww despite being ill Debs, glad you could make it online to check it out! Hope you feel better soon!

Hi Dayna - thanks I feel ok today I think the heat got to me yesterday couldnt breathe at work, the train was hot then I mowed the lawn propably too much.... funny how you feel so much better when it comes to Twilight........I think we all had to same problem last night in not being able to sleep because of the heat I think I fell alsleep about 4am :clap: good job I'm not at work today!

Got to do some sorting out today as two of my friends kids want to come with us, as well as my niece but as we dont know the price or where yet we're all in limbo :lol:

Thanks Showmasters, looking forward to more details on Monday :-)

For those of you who are worried about prices, etc don't! 1200 tickets will not sell out within an hour, you've got plenty of time to google and make decisions

yes but everything including locations being told half an hour before tickets go on sale is hardly convenient for those of us who have responsibilities and families that we would need to sort out aswell as working out how much travel would be required, whether a night away would be needed, or whether it's close enough to travel daily and drive home at night, whether an overnight babysitter is required or not etc, all that is incredibly difficult to do in half an hour.

Absoluetly correct!! Well done you for saying!..im in the same position myself :D

We can all now relax a tiny bit - at least there was no 'the cons this date - tickets are on sale now' Aaaaaaaaaah!!!

We've got a few of days to locate some cash i.e. bank robbery, selling organs, borrowing off the children (sad but true!!)!! :D:dance:

Hi Rhi God the only night I don't go on :D sods law - without the text from Tracie & Juliette we wouldnt have known until this morning once again Big thanks.

No problem Debs - I actually didn't realise what the new thread was about from the title to begin with. I thought it was a prom for ET2!!! :dance: Bit slow!

lol Sam has just said that wouldnt it be funny if you saw the Newspaper Headline "Twilight Fans Rob Bank Over Twilight Convention" :YAHOO:

I now have to grovel to my Mother bless her instead of Sam grovelling to me lol I too could sell a kidney !!!! going to make Sam GET A JOB!!!! to pay for herself......could really do with knowing the location because of my Mother's 80th Birthday on the 20th :D

Sam's looking at pics of Rob on her Calendar which are pretty hot :dance: Been thrown off now due to Sams college work :dance: Quote "college work more important than this forum" :dance:

Sam: DID NOT MEAN THAT DID NOT MEAN THAT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

They're good girls thinking of you aren't they.

Well, we have a stinker of a day today, and the bride was an hour and a half late collecting her cake which should have been nice and early for 9:30am

Can't wait for Monday now, but have to admit to feeling a bit sick with dread that I won't be able to go.

We have one delivery Friday, 3 Saturday and 1 Sunday :D That is a looooot of rearranging to do.

Kev said he is fine with me going with just the boys, but not fine, if you know what I mean. Especially if it is too far away. (Not many things come to Wales) Although Cardiff would be an amazing venue for a con! :dance:

6 pm is a good time as the majortiy of people should be home from work.

Except people like me who leave for work at 5.30pm to start for 6pm :chair:

May have to persuade one of my sisters or mum to buy me a ticket while I'm at work.

Or if they won't, I'll have to see if my dad will let me sneak on the internet at work in the main office :chair:

Looking forward to the announcement, as I really hope I can go.

Although I do agree that it would be nice to know the price range and locations before monday - how about a surprise on sunday or monday morning *hint hint* :chair:

Sam: I have been wondering where you have been too!!... YOU are the mature one - studying instead of surfing....lol :chair:

:chair:

I had a TON of assesments this week:

Monologues

Improvisation Assesment

Public Speaking

Now I have to write an evaluation of my show last week!

No rest for the wicked lol

On my lunch break at the mo! Mmmm chippy chips lol!

Hmm if we could just borrow a Cullen, then we would have no problem getting away!

Orrr they could rob the bank for us! The staff would never know what happened til it was too late ha ha!

Hi Rhi God the only night I don't go on :chair: sods law - without the text from Tracie & Juliette we wouldnt have known until this morning once again Big thanks.

Awww despite being ill Debs, glad you could make it online to check it out! Hope you feel better soon!

Hi Dayna - thanks I feel ok today I think the heat got to me yesterday couldnt breathe at work, the train was hot then I mowed the lawn propably too much.... funny how you feel so much better when it comes to Twilight........I think we all had to same problem last night in not being able to sleep because of the heat I think I fell alsleep about 4am :chair: good job I'm not at work today!

Got to do some sorting out today as two of my friends kids want to come with us, as well as my niece but as we dont know the price or where yet we're all in limbo :chair:

Oooh definately too much sun and heat then! Wish I wasn't at work today! Still got soooo much work to catch up on! Wow so how many will be going with you and sam to the mini con then? Sounds hectic!

Hi Sam, that sounds a huge workload. How did the show go?

Show went great!

I didn't forget my lines and didn't fall over my floor length skirt so it was a succes in my eyes :) I'm hoping to get a Distinction but because it a long time for me to get my lines right I think I'll get a Merit which is still really goods :)

Book the mini-con tickets and everything else will fall into place (I keep telling myself!!!).

Yup that's my thinking too! I've warned them at work already that I may want time off in sept.

Hi Sam, that sounds a huge workload. How did the show go?

Show went great!

I didn't forget my lines and didn't fall over my floor length skirt so it was a succes in my eyes :) I'm hoping to get a Distinction but because it a long time for me to get my lines right I think I'll get a Merit which is still really goods :)

Woo hoo! Well done.

I have realised one thing.

We leave for Taekwondo at 5:30pm normally.

We have already decided to leave at 5:40pm after we have checked the site, then if I am able to go to the mini con, I will just be a little bit late for Taekwondo (starts at 6pm) :chair:

Ohhhh (groans) Please let me be able to go :chair: Hubby is being far too much of a realist :chair:

Usually he just says, we will work it out, but this time he is being too sensible by far.

Hmm if we could just borrow a Cullen, then we would have no problem getting away!

Orrr they could rob the bank for us! The staff would never know what happened til it was too late ha ha!

Hi Rhi God the only night I don't go on :chair: sods law - without the text from Tracie & Juliette we wouldnt have known until this morning once again Big thanks.

Hi Dayna - thanks I feel ok today I think the heat got to me yesterday couldnt breathe at work, the train was hot then I mowed the lawn propably too much.... funny how you feel so much better when it comes to Twilight........I think we all had to same problem last night in not being able to sleep because of the heat I think I fell alsleep about 4am :chair: good job I'm not at work today!

Got to do some sorting out today as two of my friends kids want to come with us, as well as my niece but as we dont know the price or where yet we're all in limbo :chair:

Oooh definately too much sun and heat then! Wish I wasn't at work today! Still got soooo much work to catch up on! Wow so how many will be going with you and sam to the mini con then? Sounds hectic!

Hey Dayna!

Theres six of us going to the mini con, poor Mum, she has to drive us all (One of us will be sitting in the boot....I fear it may be me if I dont clean my room.....)

lol Sam has just said that wouldnt it be funny if you saw the Newspaper Headline "Twilight Fans Rob Bank Over Twilight Convention" :chair:

I now have to grovel to my Mother bless her instead of Sam grovelling to me lol I too could sell a kidney !!!! going to make Sam GET A JOB!!!! to pay for herself......could really do with knowing the location because of my Mother's 80th Birthday on the 20th :chair:

Sam's looking at pics of Rob on her Calendar which are pretty hot :poki: Been thrown off now due to Sams college work :chair: Quote "college work more important than this forum" :chair:

Sam: DID NOT MEAN THAT DID NOT MEAN THAT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! :poki:

Ah ha ha ha yup that would be sooo funny!!

Mmmm Robbb! Sam has great taste!

Ha ha no course you didn't meant that Sam!

• Moderators

Any chance of day tickets? It's the second part of the event that I'd really want to go to and it's scarily close to our moving-house and my starting-uni date! :)

Day tickets won't be going on sale, and it's highly unlikely they'd choose to increase attendee numbers at a later date.

As with all conventions, everything's meant to be spread over the whole event.

Hey Dayna!

Theres six of us going to the mini con, poor Mum, she has to drive us all (One of us will be sitting in the boot....I fear it may be me if I dont clean my room.....)

Ha ha ha awww! You better get cleaning that room then Sam! Ooo oooh yay for the show going well and you not forgetting your lines! Hope you do get a distinction!