NEW EVENT - In The Shadow of the Moon - Twilight Proms London/Midlands

Massive Events

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just having a look at a map of the Midlands and its not too bad if I do say so. Yeah maybe some of us Northerners would have prefered something alittle more North like Manchester or something but I'm not too bothered with driving to the Midlands. I drive to Shepton Mallet in Somerset just to take my boyfriend to go and see his sisters for 2 days. Thats a 500 mile round trip so the Midlands is nothing to me.

How is it 5 times the price you were going to have to pay for a hotel regardless I think and train tickets are cheap enough when you book in advance I got my return from london after LFCC for 11.20 when I booked 2 months in advance and my return ticket to and from cardiff from newcastle was 30 quid about 20 months in advance you'd spend more on taxis if it was in your home town

If she can afford to take all that time off for a guest the fair play for her, some of us have work and uni and other commitments that we cant just drop in order to travel 500 miles around the Uk, especially when we're told one thing and then get another.

You're talking to the person who would have killed to go to Abrams Inc., but who couldn't buy tickets because everyone else is on holiday that week and someone has to hold the fort at work.

No event will ever be perfect for everyone. I could understand if a venue had been announced and had been confirmed. But all we had was "North".

I realize it is unfortunate. I wouldn't have been too happy either, and my travel arrangements involve way more than 500 miles. But as TooTall said, it was either that or no event at all.

But this discussion is a perfect example why normally things are only announced when they are fully confirmed. Mark got excited and wanted to announce something because so many fans missed out on ET2 tickets. So he announced what the plan was without full confirmation. Keep that in mind when next time someone asks for hints about events or guest announcements. :poki:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Moderators

The most unfortunate thing in all of this is that Mark and Jason could easily come in here, see all of this kicking off, and decide it's not worth the hassle.

I mean I can only imagine how annoying it must be to try and sort everything out as originally planned, only having to settle for something SLIGHTLY different, and then reading stuff like this. I'd certainly find it very offputting.

Ok just checked the trainline from glasgow to london singles to and from london are 12 pounds each and that is without a railcard discount which would make them 8 pound each . . . thats not 56 pounds

The most unfortunate thing in all of this is that Mark and Jason could easily come in here, see all of this kicking off, and decide it's not worth the hassle.

I mean I can only imagine how annoying it must be to try and sort everything out as originally planned, only having to settle for something SLIGHTLY different, and then reading stuff like this. I'd certainly find it very offputting.

Well said David!

I think originally most of us just assumed that it would be in the North of ENGLAND so Manchester or somewhere like that....and if you think about it the Midlands is kind of Nothern...it's north of some places...I'll just go and hide now....I really cannot see what the problem is. If I was Mark and Jason I would be REALLY annoyed...I'll leave at that or I'll start another rant.

Here's the train ticket prices I found obv I don't know specific dates or times but this is most certainly NOT 56 pounds which fyi is less than the 99 pounds I paid for my train ticket to ET because I booked so late! 11599344.jpg

• Moderators

The problem is that some people are suggesting that the organisers just didn't bother looking for a North venue. I think that's kinda insulting to be honest.

Yes, everyone knows they said North/South at the beginning. No one is debating that. Things change though don't they?

Can I just ask if people think the other event should have just been cancelled and one in the South done by itself?

Have I ever said that I dont understand why you're frustrated? No.

If the Nick Brendan event had been changed to Aberdeen, then I would have gone to Aberdeen. I really dont think that it would have made a huge deal to me, to be honest.

I travel alot. Maybe it just doesnt bother me so much.

But that's just me.

xxxx

Edited by natfrog5

Personally I think Showmasters should not announce things unless they plan on people taking them at their word that what they have announced is definite (with the exception of guest announcements being 'subject to work committments' of course). I think most of the Scottish fans would have been ok about things if SM's definition of 'North' had even been only the North of England, rather than North of the entire country, but it has turned out that it isn't North of any part of the country.

Did you see how many posts there were from disappointed fans that were unhappy that they couldn't get tickets? Mark got overexcited, wanted to let these fans know that they would not miss out because something else was planned, and posted what was planned.

With this discussion I am very sure this will not happen again.

We had a very similiar thing happening when Jason got carried away and mentioned at the first Eclipse that they were negotiating with one guest. That didn't work out, fans got upset and we've never had any hints like that since.

The problem is that some people are suggesting that the organisers just didn't bother looking for a North venue. I think that's kinda insulting to be honest.

Yes, everyone knows they said North/South at the beginning. No one is debating that. Things change though don't they?

Can I just ask if people think the other event should have just been cancelled and one in the South done by itself?

I really hope that they do not get insulted, us regulars know how hard they have been working and please tell them that.

BHam (Which we dont even know if it is BHam, the Midlands is a pretty big region) shouldn't be cancelled, a lot of us are already planning to go to that event, but we are all happy enough to go to London if the Midlands one was cancelled (Let's hope it's not), a lot of us are travelling to London in a few weeks anyway because of LFCC which proves that most of us are happy to travel up and down the UK because of our love....ok obession for Twilight.

Yes, I think this is it.

This is not insulting, but this is also basically calling TooTall a liar. He has posted previously about what some people now suggest did not happen.

But this discussion is a perfect example why normally things are only announced when they are fully confirmed. If plans change, there's bound to be upset fans.

Personally I think Showmasters should not announce things unless they plan on people taking them at their word that what they have announced is definite (with the exception of guest announcements being 'subject to work committments' of course). I think most of the Scottish fans would have been ok about things if SM's definition of 'North' had even been only the North of England, rather than North of the entire country, but it has turned out that it isn't North of any part of the country.

check back into the other topic when they announced they would do these events it does actually state on that north of england and south of england but said it would be good news to all uk fans so in a way they did make it clear just obviously they had problems with the north section maybe, we will find out on monday

I'm ill on the 18th. And will main part of the London event be on the 18th and the main part of the Midlands event be on the 20th?

Also what days do the events take place - I have know calender.

It's Fri/Sat and Sat/Sun.

And things are split up over both days, so there's not really a 'main' part as such. You'll only get the full experience over both days.

So are friday and Sunday full days or is it all half day?

Well of course I know what was meant by North, I live in Scotland so guess I do know where the border is.

But to be honest we may see some on complaining from my neck of the woods but how many would have supported a real northern event and travelled up.

Enough to make it worth while, mmmmmm not sure about that.

Anyway its Friday , have a wee wine and chill out and just wait to see what guests are announced for the event and then make a rational decision whether to go or not

:D

I really hope that they do not get insulted, us regulars know how hard they have been working and please tell them that.

BHam (Which we dont even know if it is BHam, the Midlands is a pretty big region) shouldn't be cancelled, a lot of us are already planning to go to that event, but we are all happy enough to go to London if the Midlands one was cancelled (Let's hope it's not), a lot of us are travelling to London in a few weeks anyway because of LFCC which proves that most of us are happy to travel up and down the UK because of our love....ok obession for Twilight.

i think its pretty obvious that the midlands event has already become popular at this stage so it would be silly to cancel any :)

• Moderators

I really wish people would stop saying 'stop complaining' it's a forum people are entitled to an opinion whether it is negative or positive. Telling people to stop voicing an opinion (particularly when it is a negative opinion) is what ends up prolonging discussions and debates over certain issues.

Hello Mrs YesIndeed! :D

Get a few more family members on here and we can turn it into Family Fortunes .. I know we have one family of Twilight fans on here :D