NEW EVENT - In The Shadow of the Moon - Twilight Proms London/Midlands

Massive Events

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Have to take into account the amount of traveling that is involved for the guests as they have to get from 1 venue to another over 1 weekend! That's why Birmingham was chosen as it will take less time for the guests to get there than it would Newcastle or Glasgow (they are just examples I know)! Come on, it would take several hours for them to get from London to Glasgow! It would be silly to think they should do that!

Of course, 'Midlands' was chosen, not Birmingham. That was just given by someone else to explain where Midlands was I believe :D

Have to take into account the amount of traveling that is involved for the guests as they have to get from 1 venue to another over 1 weekend! That's why Birmingham was chosen as it will take less time for the guests to get there than it would Newcastle or Glasgow (they are just examples I know)! Come on, it would take several hours for them to get from London to Glasgow! It would be silly to think they should do that!

Of course, 'Midlands' was chosen, not Birmingham. That was just given by someone else to explain where Midlands was I believe :D

Ah haha ha oh yeeeaaaah! Sowwwyyyy! D'oh!

Awww that really sucks but yeah the responsibilities of having a house and bills etc come first.

Aye Ive loved being at home the last couple of days, my mum wining and dining me lol

I come from scotland too and it's like gahhhhh so much travelling to do) as for the person who said about travel times flights are really cheap

Edited by showmasters

• Moderators

I'm heading to London. Just hope the time that this event starts is also stipulated on Monday...?Or has the time been mentioned somewhere in here already?

All the schedules will be on the website when launched.

I'm heading to London. Just hope the time that this event starts is also stipulated on Monday...?Or has the time been mentioned somewhere in here already?

All the schedules will be on the website when launched.

OH ok,thanks :thumbup:

• Moderators

Considering the amount of time between the initial announcement and the full detailed confirmation of the events, I think it's fairly clear that they've taken a lot of time and put a lot of effort into trying to make these events work.

If they'd just gone for the most convenient venue, I don't think it would've taken this long.

I agree with (yesindeed) there's hundreds of hotels/buildings in the UK

The problem has already been outlined: the venue needed to be available at a certain weekend, had to have a certain capacity in the main hall, had to offer enough facilities for the convention events at a reasonable price and the room rates for the attendees needed to be reasonable as well.

As TooTall said, it was either the Midlands venue or the events would not have taken place at all. I am rather sure the majority of fans will orefer the Midlands option instead of having no event at all. :thumbup:

EDIT: And like David said, if they had gone for the convenient route and simply made the easy choice, they would have announced the events at once and not tried to make things work out for that long.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

For those people that have been coming on this forum every single day first thing in the morning (You know who you are lol) and checking for updates we know it has taken a LONG time...six/seven weeks... to sort this out. yesindeed if it was anything to do with The Midlands being convenient do you really think that they would have kept us waiting 6/7 weeks??

As foundmyedward said SM have being so much to put this together, a few weeks back we were worrying that it woulnd't even happen as Too tall said they were having some difficulty. The fact that this event is even happening is great and I think people should stop moaning about locations.

I agree, we live in South Wales, so not actually "near" either event.

I think at the end of the day, they organise the events, we choose whether or not we want/can go to them.

You can't please all the people all the time.

I am just grateful that (providing I get tickets) I can hopefully make it to the Midlands one, which will be anything from 2 - 4 hours drive depending where they have it.

As there will be four of us, it will probably be cheaper for my lovely hubby to drive rather than four flights.

Aren't there people that travel from abroad? Ireland, Germany, France etc?

Surely that is a bit more to organise than within one country

I just want to say thanks for acknowledging the demand for another Twilight event to help us fans that couldn't get tickets to the other two, and having a prom cos we asked for a party too! :thumbup:

I think reading the replies that is a shame the topic now.

SM has been kind enough to warn us about Monday after spending months to please all of us who didn't manage to get tickets for ET2. They did plan 2 more events for Twilight fans.

Since the annoucement has been made, people keep complaining about short notice to get organised...To please people, they gave us more information about the locations and now people are complaining about the locations.

Nobody can't be pleased and me for example, the con being hel on Friday is not good for me for work wise but please let thank SM, stop complaining and wait for Monday to see what they have planned for us.

An yes, Monday seems far :thumbup:

Please don't take my post the wrong way and have a nice weekend!

i think people are forgetting aswell not many venues are around that can accommodate such an event and this event is not the only one in the UK, you have people who have weddings,partys, charitys all across the UK who will use the same venues to accommodate there needs so i think they have done a great job with getting this event happening and i cant wait to hear the full details on MONDAY

:thumbup:

I don't mind travelling for the events I mean I'm going to London for LFCC it's not an issue it's just a little misleading to say North and then well not be at the end of the day it's the guests that'll swing it for me! Hope there's some good uns' otherwise I'll just spend my hard earned cash at LFCC :thumbup: on like 1000 pics with Peter :o

Everyone loves Newcastle events you could even have it in my house . . . for just me :blink:

Without sounding harsh as f**k but like "grateful"? I am happy but at the end of the day we're the one's who spent hudreds of pounds making the first event a success, and im pretty sure they're not gonna be outta pocket on this, they're a business NOT a charity.

And it's not like people are goingon about it "everytime" it's just a bit harsh for everyone who was hoping for a north con, and I really really struggle to believe it was impossible to not find a single hotel in glasgow/edinburgh/newcastle/manchester/liverpool/sunderland/middlesbourgh/preston/leeds/blackpool/darlington/etc etc that didnt have a venue.

And they dont just get "grief" infact they get a lot of people who totally suck a rse and don't want to rock the boat in the slightest, I wasn't aware this wasn't a site where you couldn't express a grievience regarding an event.

:thumbup: bravo Tallie i couldn't have phrased it better