scott bakula

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also dont think he will be either and to be honest, you can expect not to be able to take photos (posed or otherwise) of him.

As a guessing part, I believe that the personalization and taking photos is all down to how much the guest is getting paid. Using Nimoy as an example, in the States, he normally charges $60 (about £40) at shows and will personalize and allow photos. Here he was only £25 but only signed the photo.

So the guy has travelled 4000+miles and charges less that he does in his home country?!?!?

Actually working on that, Scott may not even sign his name and you might just get SB or something. At his first ever con last year, he was $150 (about £95) an autograph!

Edited by Fry

Hmm... your theory is interesting, but that would mean Ben Browder shouldn't have personalised at C15 either. His autographs also were way less there than at his US appearances. :chair:

The shows Ben and Scott did are Chevron 7.2/The Hub/ET type. So both only signed for one hour or so. At LFACC/C15 there's more signing time. 2000 autographs for 25 pounds come up to a bigger total than 300 at 100 quid. (And before anybody asks, I made those autograph numbers up. :chair:)

I've met Scott after a play he did in Los Angeles two years ago. Granted this was not "convention enquirement", but at the stage door he insisted on personalising everything. He wasn't doing it in a rude way, he asked our names and put them on the autographs. But he did tell some people no who asked him if he could "just sign."

The signature was nice and a full "Scott Bakula" too. But we'll have to wait and see - Hayden Panetierre went from full name to Hayden as well throughout the day.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I also dont think he will be either and to be honest, you can expect not to be able to take photos (posed or otherwise) of him.

As a guessing part, I believe that the personalization and taking photos is all down to how much the guest is getting paid. Using Nimoy as an example, in the States, he normally charges $60 (about £40) at shows and will personalize and allow photos. Here he was only £25 but only signed the photo.

So the guy has travelled 4000+miles and charges less that he does in his home country?!?!?

Actually working on that, Scott may not even sign his name and you might just get SB or something. At his first ever con last year, he was $150 (about �95) an autograph!

Leonard Nimoy was happy to personalise at Collectormania IF you asked him - and there were no signs up saying "no personalisations".

I was lucky enough to see Scott Bakula back in 2006 at the 40th Anniversary Star Trek show in the US and received three perfectly legible signatures despite the long queues for his autograph.

Leonard Nimoy was happy to personalise at Collectormania IF you asked him - and there were no signs up saying "no personalisations".

A lot of it is down to their handlers - after all they need to keep the queue going to get everyone through in the time allowed.

Often with me I never think of doing something until I'm told not to- when I met Carrie Fisher there was a clear sign saying no dedications, and I don't normally get them - yet without even thinking on the last one I just blurted out - could you sign it to, and she didn't decline. But I never planned it. The idea was planted in my head. Whatever you do don't press that button.

Milo from Heroes and John Barrowman are others who changed what they wrote/how they sign as the day went on.

Edited by TerraHawk

If I'd known he was personalising I would have got an autograph from him at CM. I already have one from him that I got at a different event, but there were no personalisations allowed then.

Hmm..while I prefer all my 8x10's personalised (and will even meet guests again if I had an unpersonalised photos and this time their personalising), but I have a canvas poster type thing ive got everyone else except Jolene on and none of them have personalised that so I def wouldnt want him to be the only one on it!

Mines like that (Hay with a squiggle!) if you can see it!

claire_b.jpg

Yeah, I had 2 photos to choose between to get one of them signed, an all light coloured one, and that one, she was signing with silver before I got to the desk, then the person before me Hayden switched to black pen, then happened to sign my pic in the black pen, on the dark part of the photo!!! There was a perfectly good white jumper there if she really wanted to sign in black but nooo! :thumbup:

The photoshoot looks like 'Heya'

hayden_ph.jpg

And that was what, £30-40 for those?

I made the mistake though of waiting for my photoshoot to come back as I wanted it signed, but it was litrelly at the very end of the day and about 10 mins after I got my squiggles, I think she finished. So I now try to see guests as soon as I can!

Edited by crippsy_99

• 2 weeks later...

uhm was he having Body guards with him?

There was this grumpy looking feller behind him at the autograph signings and 2 at the talk, and then after he had done his song he was rushed out of the hall o.0

Delusions of grandeur !?!? didnt think he was a A list actor atm or is there something going on?

He was the only one of the actors to have a guard... :D

hi i was wondering does any know if scott bakula will be personalising his autographs ??

fatdragon

yes he did - signed mine "to Lee - nice to meet you"

Hi the dude, you got the same name as me, he put on mine, to Lee nice meeting you oh boy best regards.

hi i was wondering does any know if scott bakula will be personalising his autographs ??

fatdragon

Hi the dude, you got the same name as me, he put on mine, to Lee nice meeting you oh boy best regards.

HEY A FELLOW LEE AND A FELLOW SCOTT FAN - :D

I felt so great/honoured in meeting Scott, in having watched Quantum leap way back when it was first shown in the UK on BBC

Truely a great memory and was well worth meeting scott - i found him to be friendly and happy to be there meeting the fans

the dude :(

fatdragon

HEY A FELLOW LEE AND A FELLOW SCOTT FAN - :D

I felt so great/honoured in meeting Scott, in having watched Quantum leap way back when it was first shown in the UK on BBC

Truely a great memory and was well worth meeting scott - i found him to be friendly and happy to be there meeting the fans

the dude :(

Yeah scott was a great chap he wished me good luck in the future and shook my handy twice, i was the 1st person to meet him i wanted to say Oh boy but i chickened out.

He was still personalising when he came back from his photoshoot. He seemed to sign with relatively good speed but still made time for handshakes and brief conversation. :)

Scott was a top class guest

he gets the dudes approval :thumbup:

the dude :thumbup: