Better Than Life 2

showmasters

Chloe and Danny are already confirmed (although that came as a bit of a surprise to Chloe when I mentioned it to her at LFCC!)

That's always worrying to hear/read things like that :D

Hattie also told me that she's waiting to see if SM/ME can get Craig and Chris.

Interesting, so now it's not just fans waiting for guests to be announced before wanting to attend but guests too :wub:

Chloe and Danny are already confirmed (although that came as a bit of a surprise to Chloe when I mentioned it to her at LFCC!)

That's always worrying to hear/read things like that :D

She did say that she would be checking with her agent. Apparently he does book her in for things from time to time and then take his time telling her about it. I don't think it's anything to worry about, particularly as she said she will definitely be there if her agent has booked her in.

Also, she wouldn't be shown on the website if she hadn't been confirmed.

Edited by dwarfbabe

• 2 months later...

And having the first chance of discussing the new episodes, or according the advertisement, even though nothing has been confirmed and it's just conjecture that they will happen, and it's only the scripts that have been commissioned, slightly miss leading there folks.

• 2 months later...

guys, the wording on the ticket info is a little confusing, does a silver ticket get me an individual photoshoot with all the attending stars? is the only photograph difference between silver and gold that in gold u get a group one of u with them all at the same time as well as individual ones?

Edited by timelord81r

• Moderators

A silver ticket gets you an individual photoshoot with each guest (if they're all doing photoshoots).

A gold ticket gets you the photoshoots plus a drinks reception with the guests on the Friday night, and an extra 'gift' (has been a T-shirt and a mug at cons I've been to so far). The group 'you with all of the guests' photoshoot is no longer something that happens.

Edited by etmuse

A silver ticket gets you an individual photoshoot with each guest (if they're all doing photoshoots).

A gold ticket gets you the photoshoots plus a drinks reception with the guests on the Friday night, and an extra 'gift' (has been a T-shirt and a mug at cons I've been to so far). The group 'you with all of the guests' photoshoot is no longer something that happens.

thanks

the you with the group is still advertised on the 10th planet site though for some of the events, but for btl2 it was confusing between the tickets,

so do some of the guests not do shoots?

ive jsut bought a silver ticket for time quest 2 and if some of them arnt doing shoots im gonna be a bit miffed i can tell ya. as the ticket says 1 individual photoshoots with each attending guest

id like to go to btl2 but i think unless craig and or chris are announced i wont, danny is at cm16 and im sure chloe will be at another one soon so without more main cast this might be a little expensive for me :-( will have to wait and see for more announcements

• Moderators

Generally I think most of the guests DO do photoshoots, but if timing/contracts work out that they can't do a photoshoot with everyone then obviously they can't include photoshoots that don't happen in the ticket :D

Generally I think most of the guests DO do photoshoots, but if timing/contracts work out that they can't do a photoshoot with everyone then obviously they can't include photoshoots that don't happen in the ticket ;)

ahh thats ok then, my silver covers that for time quest

id like to go to a dwarf con, i bet the talks are funny, some of the commentaries on the dvds are as funny as the shows, great stuff. will wait till nearer the time after more guest announcements though

• 1 month later...

Be patient, there'll be more guests announced in due course. I know it would be nice to have another announcement but there are still five months to go so plenty of time yet.

im inpatient lol, I need guest announcements now for all shows lol

this is one of my maybe cons, id like to go but danny is at cm16 and chloe most likely will be at another cm so id really like chris and craig, get all the main cast and im there no question.

how well did btl1 go down? was it a success, why did craig cancel again?

funds are really tight for me right now so specific cons especially outside of london require more thought from me though If i was to come to this it would be less than say a chevron as id buy a daily train return and stay at my parents house in luton.

how close is the con to the thameslink station?

but yer chris and or craig need to announced for this I think for me

Less than a mile from the station...

Bedford Railway Station

Ashburnham Road

Bedford

MK40 1DR

1. Head southeast on A5141/Ashburnham Rd toward Woburn Rd

2. Turn left at A5141/Midland Rd

3. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A5141/Prebend St

4. Turn left at A5141/Cauldwell St

Hotel is at bottom of Cauldwell Street at the junction St Mary's Street.

Park Inn Bedford

St Mary's Street

Bedford

MK42 0AR

Arrrrggghhh! Why Bedford? It seems the hardest place for me to get to on public transport!! :WINCE:

I will do my best to get there... somehow!! :D

Finally a perk to living in Kempston - conventions in Bedford are within walking distance!!

Also, having had my work's Christmas party at the Park Inn in December, I can confirm that they've obviously finished overhauling the reception area (don't know about the rest of the building as I didn't go into much of it on that occasion) so it looks a lot less like a building site than it did last June. It may also reassure some of you to know that there aren't quite as many roadworks going on in the Bedford area now as there were over the summer as a lot of it is now finished. As a non-driver I don't pay all that much attention to the roads, though, so I don't know any really specific details(!)

~St*r [aka the other KK - Kempston Kochanski!!]

Edited by TurquoiseTrance

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Does anyone know if there is an issue with this event. The only reason I ask is that I got a phone call from the Park Inn, where I've booked a room for the event. They told me that it was no longer being held at the Hotel. They couldn't tell me if the event had been cancelled though. They also spoke to someone else who had booked a room and they also didn't know anything about any changes. I have called Show Masters and the person I spoke to said they didn't deal with that event but would find out and give me a call back. Haven't heard anything yet but it's only been a couple of hours.

Just interested in hearing from anyone that might any information on the situation.

Fingers crossed it's still on as last year was a real blast.

Craig

It seems that you're not the only to have had a call. I think that someone at the Park Inn has got their wires crossed.

There's another topic about it here.

Unfortunately the link doesn't seem to be working. I have checked with the Park Inn again and one of their managers has confirmed that the event has been cancelled. I will give Showmasters another call tomorrow to see what they say.