Better Than Life 2

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

A three day event is good - I assume that's gonna be Fri/Sat/Sun... is it still July 2010 (9-11)? :D

I smegging well hope so. Best Birthday Present ever.

Cheers all at SM/ME/10thP.

Hi ya,

It is indeed still the 9th to 11th July 2010! :chair:

Mark :P

A three day event is good - I assume that's gonna be Fri/Sat/Sun... is it still July 2010 (9-11)? :D

I smegging well hope so. Best Birthday Present ever.

Cheers all at SM/ME/10thP.

Hi ya,

It is indeed still the 9th to 11th July 2010! :chair:

Mark :angry:

Woo Hoo!!!

Easy b-day present for Zippy!!!!!!! :P

I already bought mine while I was at BTL. Got Gold 3 :lol::clap:;)

I lost G1 & G2. Really smegged off at that one but got 7 & 8.

:o You're the guy who spotted DavidB and spoke to him telling him that story, and totally had no clue who I was lol :P

Sooooooo hope Gold doesn't sell out fast - otherwise I'm gonna cry!

Just checked & it looks like their are still some Gold PV. :D

Yeah, but will there still be Gold in September time??

are we still al going to buy ticket on the moth we discussed??

Hope so hun

Arrrrggghhh! Why Bedford? It seems the hardest place for me to get to on public transport!! :blink:

I agree. Obviously Showmasters don't listen to the fans. Nobody had a good thing to say about the Park Inn and Bedford. I will need some convincing to buy a ticket this time. BLT had three major let downs and a crap hotel. Not a good starting point for BLT2. Let's hope the Gold party is on the Friday evening and that the stars actually turn up to it this time!!! Sorry to be negative, but for me BLT was a 50% wash-out. I went home Sunday morning after Craig had let everyone down. I will watch the guest list with great interest. Hattie, Danny and Cloe worked really hard for the fans at BLT and I think they deserve a medal. It might just be worth going to BLT2 just to thank them for saving the show last time.

SHOWMASTERS - please explain to everyone why, after what was said, you chose the Park Inn at Bedford. (Please don't mention refurbishment, it rarely changes a hotels standards - and those were dire).

Nobody had a good thing to say about the Park Inn and Bedford.

Personally, I didn't have a problem with the Park Inn or Bedford. I spend a lot of my time travelling around the UK because of my job and have been to much worse places!

Let's hope the Gold party is on the Friday evening and that the stars actually turn up to it this time!!!

Steve, Hattie and Chloe did turn up. Danny couldn't be there because he had a charity do on and Robert (I think) had to get back for his daughter's birthday. Both seem like good reasons not to be there to me.

I went home Sunday morning after Craig had let everyone down.

Craig didn't let everyone down. He wasn't well. It couldn't be helped.

Hattie, Danny and Cloe worked really hard for the fans at BLT and I think they deserve a medal.

I agree with that, especially after the way Danny covered when Craig wasn't able to be there and Chloe came back for the group photo session.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to BTL2. I just wish it wasn't so far away!

Excellent - didn't realise it was three days :thumbup:

We may be sharing a seat then as I have Gold 7 wrote on my receipt :P

Maybe it was 8 & 9 then.

I already bought mine while I was at BTL. Got Gold 3 :dance::D:poki:

:o You're the guy who spotted DavidB and spoke to him telling him that story, and totally had no clue who I was lol :P

Sorry..:YAHOO:

Nobody had a good thing to say about the Park Inn and Bedford.

Personally, I didn't have a problem with the Park Inn or Bedford. I spend a lot of my time travelling around the UK because of my job and have been to much worse places!

Let's hope the Gold party is on the Friday evening and that the stars actually turn up to it this time!!!

Steve, Hattie and Chloe did turn up. Danny couldn't be there because he had a charity do on and Robert (I think) had to get back for his daughter's birthday. Both seem like good reasons not to be there to me.

I went home Sunday morning after Craig had let everyone down.

Craig didn't let everyone down. He wasn't well. It couldn't be helped.

Hattie, Danny and Cloe worked really hard for the fans at BLT and I think they deserve a medal.

I agree with that, especially after the way Danny covered when Craig wasn't able to be there and Chloe came back for the group photo session.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to BTL2. I just wish it wasn't so far away!

Seconded.

This year's BTL was acceptable for the first show.

It was really unfortunate that we had 3 cancellations.

I agree that Danny/Chloe/Steve really pulled together to make it up.

If Massive Events/Showmasters agree - perhaps we can give Danny and Chloe a little something to show that we appreciate what they did on the Sunday? (Steve too if he returns)

In terms of the hotel, there were good things and bad.

Bad - it's undergoing refit at the time, not a good thing when you have an event going on.

I spoke to reception, and it should be finished this year - so fingers crossed it should be fine for BTL 2.

Food ordered from the bar, took a while to get to us. This was an issue with timing, as only about 45mins was left between the last AM thing and the first talk.

Hotel restaurant only served Buffet style.

Room (older style), was old fashioned, and had a TV with only 4 channels (yes, I am old enough to remember, but it was a long time ago).

Good - the food when received was nice.

The room that we had was a good size. From what others said, at least our TV worked.

Walk out of the hotel, turn right and you're in the town - couldn't be any closer!

• 3 weeks later...

This year's BTL was acceptable for the first show.

It was really unfortunate that we had 3 cancellations.

I agree that Danny/Chloe/Steve really pulled together to make it up.

If Massive Events/Showmasters agree - perhaps we can give Danny and Chloe a little something to show that we appreciate what they did on the Sunday? (Steve too if he returns)

In terms of the hotel, there were good things and bad.

Bad - it's undergoing refit at the time, not a good thing when you have an event going on.

I spoke to reception, and it should be finished this year - so fingers crossed it should be fine for BTL 2.

Food ordered from the bar, took a while to get to us. This was an issue with timing, as only about 45mins was left between the last AM thing and the first talk.

Hotel restaurant only served Buffet style.

Room (older style), was old fashioned, and had a TV with only 4 channels (yes, I am old enough to remember, but it was a long time ago).

Good - the food when received was nice.

The room that we had was a good size. From what others said, at least our TV worked.

Walk out of the hotel, turn right and you're in the town - couldn't be any closer!

wow so did craig, chris and robert cancel? why? i would of been devestated, but this might be good news for me as I want to attend btl2 and if the main cast are not there it would be a bit of a waste for me as the event is expensive. if they canceled on the alst one they might make a special effort for this one in 2010 ;-)

wow so did craig, chris and robert cancel? why? i would of been devestated, but this might be good news for me as I want to attend btl2 and if the main cast are not there it would be a bit of a waste for me as the event is expensive. if they canceled on the alst one they might make a special effort for this one in 2010 ;-)

It was Craig, Chris and Norman who cancelled. Craig was poorly, Chris had personal commitments and Norman had a scheduling conflict.

Chloe and Danny are already confirmed (although that came as a bit of a surprise to Chloe when I mentioned it to her at LFCC!) and ME/SM will be working really hard to get as many of the other main cast members as they can. There's nearly a year to go yet though, so plenty of time for more guest announcements.

It was Craig, Chris and Norman who cancelled. Craig was poorly, Chris had personal commitments and Norman had a scheduling conflict.

Chloe and Danny are already confirmed (although that came as a bit of a surprise to Chloe when I mentioned it to her at LFCC!) and ME/SM will be working really hard to get as many of the other main cast members as they can. There's nearly a year to go yet though, so plenty of time for more guest announcements.

Hattie Hattie (Hayridge) has been asked and is waiting for a bit before confirming as there my be other things coming up.