new event for Showmasters

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copenhagen?

No offence to anyone from there but COPENHAGEN??!!?? :huh::wacko::blink::D

Sound choice. From my experience, the Nordic/Scandinavian countries are generally quite prosperous, and Copenhagen is good for them and also pretty convenient for our German brethren (especially those in the north of the country) and the Dutch as well. And indeed, for some of those Mancunians who complain that it's four days hard ride on a good horse or whatever to Milton Keynes or London, then the phrase is "1 hour 55 minutes from Manchester Airport" (although obviously that would be on a plane of course, rather than on the afore-mentioned good horse. Or indeed on the whatever :D )

Copenhagen?

No offence to anyone from there but COPENHAGEN??!!?? :huh::P:P:D

You'd be surprised to see, how many actors who would actually be interested in coming to DK.

When I attended the Celebration IV convention in LA, back in 2007, and my friends and I told the stars that we were from Denmark, some actually asked, when we were going to have a convention there.

Also, Denmark has not had a big convention like Collectormania, and we do have a lot of movie fans over here, both fanatics and those who takes interest in it on a small level. There's a lot of us that really has been hoping for an event like this to come to DK

Copenhagen is also a very beautiful city to visit. It's not a grand city like London or New York, but it's a great place, with a lot of tourist attractions, and very classic buildings and castles. So if you're also a culture buff, then there's something there too, because we have a big history :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I ask a silly question? Why Copenhagen? I know that there are probably tons of Danish fans who go to Collectormania events in the UK, but there are also lots of fans from other European countries who don't have events in their own countries to go to. i.e. Ireland, Holland, Belgium etc.

• Showmasters Admin

Because we have friends their that have been working with SM for some while, helping get guest for Star Wars show etc. They have been running a smaller Star Wars show in Denmark for a while and wanted to grow it. So they have gone in to business with Jason to grow the show.

It's a first step into main land Europe. I'm sure it's not to be the last.

• 2 months later...