Birmingham - Possible but doubtful

Glasdow - already one

how about

Cardiff

Liverpool

Nottingham

??????????????????????????

the dude

I think people are being too narrow minded. They need to think "outside" the box ;)

it seems to be that it will like be a collectermania or sportmania type event

the question is where?

Manchester - NO

London - NO

Birmingham - Possible but doubtful

Glasdow - already one

how about

Cardiff

Liverpool

Nottingham

??????????????????????????

the dude

I think people are being too narrow minded. They need to think "outside" the box ;)

so maybe not even in the UK at all??? collectormania Paris, USA, Toyko, mars :D

Ireland? I can't make it to Ireland like

Why not? We always have to come to the UK :headscratch: . A little love for those of us from outside the UK who support Showmasters would be nice.

I understand you come over here but I've only ever attended 1 event so far and LFCC is my next they already cost me enough without throwing flights in the mix

I really dont think SM are gonna take notice of people or make changes just for them if they can't make it overseas to an event when there are plenty of people who can. There are planty of UK events for you to go to...you dont have to go to all of them. Every con I go to is in the UK and I live in Dublin...I'm not rich but I make the necessary arrangents to go to a con cos I obviously want to go enough.

Personally, I'll be surprised if there's gonna be a con in Ireland...not much happens over here and its kind of "in the corner".

Maybe it's a themed CM- Collectormania Sci-Fi, Collectormania Horror, Collectrormania US TV, etc

Every LFCC or CM is themeed that way anyway.

Collectormania On The Moon ^_^

Close ;)

My initial reaction was that it was Twilight related. And then I saw that In The Shadow of the Moon con had been announced a few days ago. Or is it something to do with the 40th anniversary of Man landing on the moon?

Edited by nicky

Maybe it's a themed CM- Collectormania Sci-Fi, Collectormania Horror, Collectrormania US TV, etc

Every LFCC or CM is themeed that way anyway.

Since when? I must have missed that one.

I mean a totally exclusive Sci-Fi/Horror/US TV CM. I don't think we've had one like that before. All the ones I've been at have been mixed guest/mixed genres.

I really dont think SM are gonna take notice of people or make changes just for them if they can't make it overseas to an event when there are plenty of people who can. There are planty of UK events for you to go to...you dont have to go to all of them. Every con I go to is in the UK and I live in Dublin...I'm not rich but I make the necessary arrangents to go to a con cos I obviously want to go enough.

Personally, I'll be surprised if there's gonna be a con in Ireland...not much happens over here and its kind of "in the corner".

I'm not saying you must have a convention/signing event in the UK or I won't attend the likelihood of me attending at all even if it's in the UK is minimal I was just saying I couldn't afford flights after I was told I should make the effort and support SM. I think SM should have a signing event in Ireland it'd do nicely I met quite a few Irish people at Eternal Twilight who asked for one!

Every LFCC or CM is themed that way anyway.

Since when? I must have missed that one.

I mean a totally exclusive Sci-Fi/Horror/US TV CM. I don't think we've had one like that before. All the ones I've been at have been mixed guest/mixed genres.

I mean SM cons always have sf/horror/US TV guests attending anyway so you don't need a specific one. SM try a horror theme nearly every Ocotber, remember the horror theme with Romero/Barbeau/Atkins? They didnt get many horror guests for that one and that was meant to be themed - if they cant fill up even one CM with horror guests I cant see how they'll manage to make a regular horror specific con.

There's absoulutely no reason why guests from the genres you mentioned can't make it into normal general SM signing events anyway....if they did have their own specific events then what genres would be left to attend CM and LFCC?