new event from Massive Events coming soon

would i be too hopeful in wishing for One Tree Hill?

haha.

a lot of us were wishing for either Supernatural or something new and unique - but we get Harry Potter and yet another twlight event :YAHOO:

let's hope the showmaster announcement is more interesting

the dude :YAHOO:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

would i be too hopeful in wishing for One Tree Hill?

haha.

a lot of us were wishing for either Supernatural or something new and unique - but we get Harry Potter

Well they've not done a Harry Potter event before ..

I'm still hoping for a supernatural event i know theres already a company who does one but I've never attended there events I'd love for showmaster to do one for us!

we have been saying it all along, SUPERNATURAL CON is the way to go :o

the dude :whistling:

• Showmasters Admin

Do you know what would be ace? A music con! Lots of different types of bands..etc.

Would give me chance to meet Brody Dalle.

We did Musicmania a couple of years ago and it lost ME a whole HEAP of money. Not likely to ever be repeated I'm afraid.

Do you know what would be ace? A music con! Lots of different types of bands..etc.

Would give me chance to meet Brody Dalle.

We did Musicmania a couple of years ago and it lost ME a whole HEAP of money. Not likely to ever be repeated I'm afraid.

perhaps a smaller scale event could be incorperated within another event like CM MK (you did it with sportmania why not music?)

the dude :thumbup:

• Moderators

why are there so many twlight cons??? - with the amount of different cons people are asking for why not spread themselves more with choices of shows

Because Twilight is a hot property at the moment, ME know there's demand there for it as they've sold out cons before and still have people wanting to come, and it's the sort of thing that you need to strike while the iron's hot and all that. It won't last forever - we've seen it with things like LOTR in the past.

Yes, of course there's a wide variety of possible other movies and shows, but they don't always translate well to conventions, and it's highly unlikely they'll spread themselves with lots of unproven things.

• Moderators

David, that hurt deep inside,

Twilight WILL last forever =[

:smile:

Twilight's popularity at conventions won't last forever, put it that way :D

Very few things actually manage to maintain a huge popularity over many years at cons, predominantly Star Trek, Star Wars, perhaps Doctor Who to a certain extent, but yes I'm afraid there will be a time where you won't be getting 4 Twilight events a year :blink:

A few suggestions for Massive Events conventions;

A CSI convention with guests from the 3 shows, could even incorporate NCIS to widen fan base.

A Star Trek convention, not had one in the UK since 2007, definetely a best seller (especially DS9).

A Supernatural convention, attended one in May 09, big fan base, Showmasters could organise it a lot better though :WAVE:

A NYPD Blue convention, this show had massive following from 1993-2005, and could do really well (or could be incorporated with CSI con).

:D