anyone watching tennis

the4thtimelord

Oh well , when you are up against a server and not a player thats the way it goes

I hope Federer wins now

That's how I feel as well...

BTW - did anyone else find the commentator annoying who kept saying things like "Roddick's only 3 games away from winning" and "it will all be over very soon."! Talk about biased! Mind you, I often have to turn the sound off when the commentators are talking especially when they're banging on about nothing and spouting drivel, even if Boris Becker does have a lovely accent LOL :thumbup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How stupid are wimbledon to put Jamie on after Andy on centre court.

He is on a no winner

If Andy had won he had to follow that and now Andy has lost he has to go out to a deflated crowd.

:thumbup:

I was gutted about Murray losing, seriously. He had a lot of pressure on him to go all the way so it must be tough. Although I'm not too keen on the way Roddick plays with aces flying all over the place instead of making an interesting game, I must say that he was very good today and despite backing Murray, I did really feel for Roddick when he won and he just looked fit to burst into tears (I'm a softie :P). I don't think he will win the final but good luck to him anyway; personally I think it would be nice to see him win instead of Federer. I don't have anything against Federer, he is a great player, but I always seem to support the underdog and I think that because Federer has won Wimbledon so many times before (5 times I think...) it would be nice to see Roddick take the title, especially considering he has been a finalist twice before against Federer but lost.

Yet again Mr Murry screws up the big game, the last big game he had prior to queens ( which i dont class as big ) he got demolished by federer in the US open final. he really needs to sort out his shots i saw 2 or 3 where he just hit the ball too hard and he tried to hit it too hard and it flew out, on the other side rodic was playing out of his skin, and Murry just couldnt counter his power.

Federer will demolish Rodic in the final and claim the most grandslams ever won by one person and will cement his place as the best player ever to play tennis

I dont know how you can say Andy screwed up again

And which other great british player are we comparing him to??

I also disagree with you about the US open final

I have NO doubt he wold have beaten Federer if he hadnt been out for about 3 days against rafa in the semi due to rain

I want Federer to get his historic title on Sunday , Roddick doesnt deserve it, relies too heavily on his serve.

Murray just isn't good enough at the moment, Federer and Nadal are way better than anyone else. Murray had his best chance of reaching the final (what with Nadal out and the easy draw he got) and blew it, you can't deny that. I just want to meet those people who paid £4000 for a £100 ticket for the final, in the hope that Murray would be there, so I can laugh at them! :wub:

I think being number 3 in the world makes him one of the best players in the world and certainly better than any we have had in this country in years.

I grant you Rafa is way better but you just need to look at his record against Federer to see he has the beating of him .

On the day , Roddick had the game to beat him,but he is not a better player than Andy.

I hope Federer gets his historic win on Sunday .

I have NO doubt he wold have beaten Federer if he hadnt been out for about 3 days against rafa in the semi due to rain

I want Federer to get his historic title on Sunday , Roddick doesnt deserve it, relies too heavily on his serve.

well he's done as well as Tim Henman did so far at wimbledon, yes he's 100x the player henman ever was, but he still seams to go to peices at the big game, he lost his temprement so much during the rodic game the other day,

he reached the us open final which no natrual british person has done for ages (gregg got there but he's kinda canadian)

he's won a lot of the master series stuff which is good, and he's rightly the 3rd in the world. he's got the game to go to the very top, but he just needs to just not crack at the last hurdle.

Federer will demolish Rodic so dont worry, it would have been great to see if Andy could keep his great record against Roger up in a high pressure game, but alas we must yet again wait untill next year.

I was cheering for Roddick all the way through yesterday, I'm so glad he's got through! Murray has so much time ahed of him to win wimbledon, whereas Roddick has nearly so many times and this has been a fantastic comeback, I wanted him to do well so he wouldn't get disheartened so would keep on playing well.

I want Federer to win the final though.

Also, did anyone else think Tim Henman was trying not to look happy that Murray didn't do better than he did after the match yesterday? As my sister put it - "his eyes were those of a man who's happy inside"

Tim acts a bit smug sometimes but he should remember that at age 21 Andy reached the US final and he never even once his LONG career.

Andy has loads time ahead to win these events.

I like Tim but as you say he is happy that the score went for Roddick

:chair:

Just watched the Williams sisters win the doubles , quite a day for them

I was correct, i said williams would win the women's single today - yeepee

:wub: I think everyone knew Williams would win :D Did you know which Williams would win though? :dance:

I was correct, i said williams would win the women's single today - yeepee

;) I think everyone knew Williams would win :smile: Did you know which Williams would win though? :P

yes i did, the one with the sister that also plays tennis :P

Unfortunately for ladies tennis, noone else is staying as consistant as the Williams sisters which is a shame.

I dont think the chance to be the record holder of grand slams will affect Roger today as he is quite a cool calm guy , so I predict he will win and I am sure he regains the number 1 slot.

Might change the manner of the final if they had rain and needed the roof on as it looked like a sauna the night Andy played, so that might be a twist to the day.

well he's done as well as Tim Henman did so far at wimbledon, yes he's 100x the player henman ever was, but he still seams to go to peices at the big game, he lost his temprement so much during the rodic game the other day,

Tim Henman reached FOUR semi-finals and played one, if not the best grass court player of all time in two of them. I don't think Murray is that special, he's been overhyped so much that I actually don't think he's any better than Henman was in his pomp.

Edited by cyberdrunk

Wow 4 semis isnt that impressive in such a LONG career

How many US finals??

mmmmmmmmmmm

He was a good player not GREAT, he is a nice but smug commentator

Anyway, the final is going as expected, a lot down to serving.

Doesnt Andrew Castle talk a lot of waffle in the commentary box

Edited by scruffy

Not a very exciting game

Not like last year no, but I think it was in that it was so close all the way through with Roddick coming quite surprisingly close to winning, as well as Federer recovering from the 6-2 tiebreak and winning that set, and the loooong final set which didn't seem to want to end :blink:

I thought it was a brilliant game, you really couldn't work out hwo would win until the end. Then again, Federer kept getting one game up on Roddick, and Roddick couldn't do the same - so it seemed like an inevitable win for Federer, just how long Andy could draw it out for.

I didn't decide to root for anyone, then I realised I was going 'oof' when Federed missed, and when he hit the net, and cheering when Roddick missed...then it kept switching and I couldn't work out if I was pleased or sad with the outcome :WAVE:

I am pleased Federer's got his 15 though, I just hope Roddick can do it in the future.

So wanted Andy Roddick to win as I went off of RF a while ago as he was quite arrogant when making comments about his recent head to head record with Andy Murray. I respect his talent, but he seems to be getting a tad "I am so brilliant".

As regards Murray, his bad game of the tournament came at the worst time and he had nothign left. A shame, but he is young and will no doubt learn from it.

Now, roll on a proper sport..THE ASKES aka AUSSIE BASHING!!!