anyone watching tennis

the4thtimelord

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon so long as Andy Murray can avoid playing Roger Federer he should make it to the final, we will find out by Sunday whether my prediction is correct, on a related topic my prediction for this weeks lottery numbers are...oh damn I have run out of time.

I like Murray, I hope he goes all the way although I'm not sure if he will. I'll have my fingers crossed though :lol: The match last night was a nailbiter but I watched it till the end. I was shouting at the TV so much though, and towards the end I couldn't look at times.

I love Wimbledon. Tennis is one of the only sports I watch and I love it (not that I can play it LOL).

I love all the tournaments especially when the time difference isnt too bad.

Andy has the potential to go all the way but Hewitt has found some form and Roddick too is in his way so even if he gets past quarters , the big guns are still out there :lol:

LOL, I love watching tennis too, even though I can't play for toffee :D

Loved the Murray match last night - was on the edge of my seat! Good on him.

Have to admit, I can't be doing with certain players - those who take the easy way out by just firing aces all the time. It's boring and, to me, it's not playing the game. I'd much rather watch players who can take it to the net and have all the other moves too. I'm missing Nadal this year - he's an interesting player.

Best bit of Wimbledon for the past few years has been the seniors matches which get shown late in the vening when all the "big" matches are done. I love those. Also love rainy days when digital Beeb shows classic matches of yesteryear!!! :P

I also miss Tim Henman. He had a great game, but he was just unfortunate to run into real (boring) power players like Sampras at a time when he could have really shone.

Anyhoo...

I agree about the players who get their wins by just firing the aces.

Karlovic is going to give Roger a hard game but mostly because of his serving, no way will he outplay him .

:pyth:

Karlovic...137 aces

Federer.....59 aces

Edited by scruffy

Well since he is our one and ONLY chance, its a shame not to support him especially at Wimbledon.

Tim and Greg were never my cuppa but until they were knocked out an event I always backed them .

Edited by scruffy

Like Murray but cannot stand his attention seeking, bizarre looking, pushy mother so want him to lose.

That's very much how I feel about him, I don't know what it is but there's something about him that seems quite sinister! :chair: I like tennis but I hate the fact that it seems only middle-class people can afford to play it. The goverment should offer free use of tennis courts and coaching to ALL children, so maybe in the future we'll have a better chance at winning something!

Edited by cyberdrunk

Without his mother Murray wouldnt be where he is now so disagree with you there, I like to think as a parent we help our kids reach their potential, so call me pushy too.

Anyway glad Federer beat Karlovic and good luck Andy

Also good luck to young Laura Robson who is still in the juniors and has taken it to a final set

:chair:

Andy Roddick is one of the players whose style I dislike intensely - he is guilty of the aces thing and not an interesting player to watch IMO.

I don't want Federer to win either - I'm as fed up with him as I was with Sampras. Without Nadal playing, I'm shouting for Murray and Hewitt.

Without Justine Henin, unfortunately I couldn't care less about the women's. I find the Williams sisters equally uninteresting to watch.

:D Anyhoo...

That is Roddicks problem , I agree, too many aces, so am sitting here shouting for Hewitt.

Jamie did well in the mixed doubles today so that was a good result too, pity about the young girl laura Robson

However I am not sure it should be right that she was in the ladies main draw, the ladies doubles and the juniors too, any thoughts out there???

I dont think thats right

At 15 I think thats too much too soon

Have to admit, I can't be doing with certain players - those who take the easy way out by just firing aces all the time. It's boring and, to me, it's not playing the game.

I was fine with it at first and then the aces just kept on coming which does get boring. However, they are impressive and not everyone can fire aces all of the time so it's hardly the "easy way out". Karlović is a great server and it's his strength, and you have to remember that this is their career, they're not just playing for our entertainment, they want to win and they should use their strengths as much as they can.

I just dont like Andy Murray. he needs to loose soon!!

There's something about him I don't like either, from seeing the interviews and stuff, not sure why though. I disagree with him needing to lose though, he should win, he's a Brit after all! :YAHOO:

Have to admit, I can't be doing with certain players - those who take the easy way out by just firing aces all the time. It's boring and, to me, it's not playing the game.

I was fine with it at first and then the aces just kept on coming which does get boring. However, they are impressive and not everyone can fire aces all of the time so it's hardly the "easy way out". Karlović is a great server and it's his strength, and you have to remember that this is their career, they're not just playing for our entertainment, they want to win and they should use their strengths as much as they can.

But it's almost as if they've found a loophole and don't have to bother with the rest of the game anymore. It isn't...sporting... :thumbup:

I think there should be a limit introduced - so many aces per set or something LOL.

As for the women's game, I'm starting to think weight categories should be introduced so that Venus Williams has to play someone of her own size and strength lol. That might be a match worth watching.

If Andy makes the final, anyone fancy a ticket? Someone is selling them for 20 GRAND! http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6620484.ece ://http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sp...cle6620484.ece ://http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sp...cle6620484.ece ://http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sp...cle6620484.ece

I could buy 80 SEASON TICKETS at my local football club for that and they're in the Premiership!

Hyestria? I think so!

EDIT: Just had a look on ebay, someones bid £4000 to watch the men's final. I hope it's straight sets! :thumbup:

Edited by cyberdrunk

Ok first semi is on and I think it will be Roger all the way.

I think Tommy Haas has done well so far reaching this stage but Roger has too much class and also history to make if he wins the tournament.

Second up , oooorr Andy

Well the way Roddick serves these aces, it could well be his day.

He too has a lot to prove by reaching the final , so it wont be any easy match for Andy, but I will be shouting for him all the way.

He is on a no win situation either way, big news if he wins and big news if he loses, but at least he made it to a Wimbledon semi at age 22 .

:YAHOO::YAHOO::YAHOO:

Edited by scruffy