This show needs the wow factor like last year!

(am i being too greedy :YAHOO: )

yes probably - looking at last years final prices there were 44 - though not all showed, this year its 45 (not counting free comic folk)

Doing my sums to see what I'll spend I can also tell you

Last year one of each would cost you £620, this year it's £590, so again it's about the same.

but if ticket sales are up on normal that's a good excuse to get more and more than last year, which had a load of cancellations.

cancellations are always a worry (and they seem to rub people the wrong way - despite being beyond SM control)

but i believe with more guests available and the more choice - it makes the show more enjoyable (money is important, but hey, this was never going to be a cheap hobby, i have been doing it for years and have spent thousands on signatures and memobillia but with no regrets - would not change it )

the dude :YAHOO:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and me for Michael ironside a big V fan all through my teens and have been waiting to meet him for 25 years since i was 11! Only normally got for buffy but this is part of my childhood and now keely announced too i shall go just for these 2 alone. will probably pop by and say hi to eve myles too.

thank you

nicky

Edited by buffy2k

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Add more Comic guests, Jimenez is an amazing guest and Suydam will be cool, but the ration of film to comic guest at the london film and COMIC con is a bit lop sided

There are some GREAT british artists/writers that have worked for the top players in comics, please get some of these on board

I think it is safe to say that all shows not just this upcoming LFCC will have the WOW factor for some people and be disappointing for others regardless of the guest list

we are a bunch of varied human beings each with our individual likes and dislikes - SM or other shows will never get the perfect line up for everyone

they just always try their dammed hardest to please most people most of the time - keep up the great work :o

the dude :P

I think it is safe to say that all shows not just this upcoming LFCC will have the WOW factor for some people and be disappointing for others regardless of the guest list

we are a bunch of varied human beings each with our individual likes and dislikes - SM or other shows will never get the perfect line up for everyone

they just always try their dammed hardest to please most people most of the time - keep up the great work :chair:

the dude :thumbup:

Couldn't have put it better myself :chair:

they just always try their dammed hardest to please most people most of the time - keep up the great work ;)

the dude :(

And the good thing is, even though I am only meeting one guest this year, if hundreds of others are happy with the line up this time and the show just keeps getting more popular, at the very least it guarantees the show's future for a long while yet to come, which can only mean more guests I'll get to meet at some stage.

fwiw, although I've already posted twice in this thread, I was in no way slating Showmasters for the lack of guests I'm interested in. As Jasons says, Danny Trejo is a fantastic guest and I'm more than happy to travel to the show JUST to meet him ;)

they just always try their dammed hardest to please most people most of the time - keep up the great work :D

And the good thing is, even though I am only meeting one guest this year, if hundreds of others are happy with the line up this time and the show just keeps getting more popular, at the very least it guarantees the show's future for a long while yet to come, which can only mean more guests I'll get to meet at some stage.

fwiw, although I've already posted twice in this thread, I was in no way slating Showmasters for the lack of guests I'm interested in. As Jasons says, Danny Trejo is a fantastic guest and I'm more than happy to travel to the show JUST to meet him :YAHOO:

to confirm what i have stated - what is WOW to one is BOO to another

you can not please all the people all the time, you can only try you damn best

I think it depends what other events you been to, we are all full of double standards to suit ourselves. For instance I couldn't do Milton Keynes so if half the guests turned up at London I'd spend quite a bit on them.

On the otherhand had I gone to Better Than Life especially for Hattie and Chloe I might be miffed to see them made available elsewhere again so soon. As I didn't I'd be happy for Mac to show up too!

But too many 'repeats' could introduce complacency - just get them next time.

• Moderators

I'm very rarely complacent. If I want a guest, I'll get them.

I've seen too many either never come back, or not come back for years, or the rare few who have even passed away.

So I try to get as many as I can straight away.

I agree. I definitely have regrets for guests that I didn't get who have not been since (Rutger Hauer!!!) so I try to get them now. Having said that we missed all the Hobbits when they first came to MK - that was a scary day with all the screaming teenagers - but have met them all since at later events.

AS usual though with LFCC it's a question of budget - so many great names plus travel plus staying overnight its always the most expensive one of the year for us but it never disappoints.

Three weeks to go :(

I am very pleased with the line up this year.

I think that for some people, the perfect line-up would tend to be a film's actors line-up( even with quite older actors), while others (maybe younger I'd dare to say?) are more into Series... That explains why last year was great for blockbusters movies lovers.

I like both, though I feel more familiar with series.

But it was a great experience for me last year to meet Mr Xtopher LLoyd for example!

And I'm really looking forward meeeting Mr M.Ironside too, who played in some of the movies that marked my life ('Total Recall' which was a chef-d'oeuvre for me at that time for example, and still is: the F-X, the very clever script, the acting, the drame, the comedy, the dream factor: it had all!...) AND Scott Bakula, who is a great Series'actor!

True that , for the ones familiar with SM's events (though I don't go more than twice a year as I come from France) I already met quite a few guests. But I went to the 1St 2 'Eclipse' and never met Jimmy J.Louis from 'Heroes', and I'm ssooo happy to meet him (actually more than Jessalyn who is sweet but I already met her!)and he speaks french too :thumbup:

My dream line-up would be with only 2 names anyway :P ( Zachary Quinto , who is now in orbit around Star trek so he's too high at the moment and the wonderful british actor Alan Rickman, who's personnality is screaming 'Never going to a signing event or to a Potter Con' quite loud I think...Plus those 2 are busy like 2 bees!) so that will never happen so, I'm satisfied with what's up now!...

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease can we have a main cast member from one of the good Trek series?

Umm... we have Archer & Reed from Enterprise... good enough for me! :D

Archer is top of the guest list for me

now only need, O'brien, Seven, Jadiza, Tuvok, Paris

the dude :YAHOO:

If you've been attending these type of events over a number of years you tend to see the same names appearing. A number of the attendees like Kenny Baker and Dave Prowse have been attending Star Wars and Sci Fi events all round the World for years. I first went to an event in the 90's that Kenny Baker was at, and was really excited to meet R2D2, since then I've seen Kenny at loads of events and whilst the sheen has worn off it is more like having a chat with an old friend.

It is only human nature to be excited by guests from your favourite shows and want more of them , but not always thinking that another guest that means little or nothing to you could mean the world to someone else.

No show of this type is going to please everybody with each and every guest.

I think this show looks to have a good mix of guests catering for a range of interests from Films, TV and Comics, both current and retro.