Fans cause Pattinson cab accident

SciFiMAD

Must say I really feel sorry for the guy. Now im not a fan of the film but feel sorry that he is not going to be able to walk down a street without being mobbed any time soon.

As much as I think im going to get killed by some people on here for saying it. I really hope that he does not attend a normal signing event again. If he does I need ear plugs.

I think showmasters would need to book the O2 arena out if they ever get him again.

Man crazy stuff. Its like Beatlesmania again. Maybe showmasters can start a new event just for him Patersonmania. As it would be just that mania.

I was mentioning this to someone else off here last night. He was alright at the last Showmasters events he went to but then again he only had the Cedric/Harry Potter fans. Sadly now he has the the Cedric/Harry Potter/Twilight fans, and both seem to have extremely large fan bases. I do feel sorry for him because even though he was somewhat bewildered by his fan base at previous events he still got chance to go and meet the fans at the party too. I think now he would probably just get mobbed by fans and his security would probably rival that of Leonard Nimoy's

I think "rival" would be a understatement. It would be pure hell. You would have screaming girls everywhere. No doubt passing out. You would need the British Army to protect him at a event. Plus St Johns Ambulance to clear up the wreck afterwards.

You're probably not wrong but what some of his "supposed" fans are doing to him is outrageous. What does that say for the more normal fans of his, you know the ones who would just like to meet him and get his autograph and get the chance to say "hi how are you?" At the end of the day I don't think it would have mattered who played Edward Cullen, whichever actor had played him would still be mobbed, it just helps that Rob is pretty good looking.

EDIT: SOME 'supposed' Twilight fans.

I'm a fan and would never want to disrupt any of their lives or get them killed!!

The fans have been cleared of any wrong doing on this occasion haven't they? Rob's security needs to be stepped up that would sort out the problem!

I don't get it, he's ok in the UK, he's ok in Canada, he's ok in LA, he's ok in Italy...but not in NYC??? What is it with New Yorkers???

New York is very crowded anyway, it was bedlam when I went in April, but I feel truly sorry for Rob.

Posted this on Twilight Guy (Kaleb Nations) blog:

In my opinion it really isn't part of the job. Pat of the job is having fans asking you for autographs at appropiate times and not 24/7. Part of the job is having the paparazzi taking photographs of you at significance times and not it being headline news when you go and get a coffee or even just for being outside. For me the Rob Pattinson craze went to far a little while ago. Yes he has "celebrity" status but what exactly does that mean. Because I'm pretty sure the job description of a "celebrity" is not to be stalked 24/7 and then being attacked by "fans" who apparently love him so much they would risk him getting hurt for their own gain. At the end of the day he is just a normal guy who at the moment must be finding his life very hard. Yes I'm sure he loves what he is doing, but at times he probably asks himself why? Why am I putting myself through this. I honestly believe that the only thing the fans like those in the video above are doing is scaring him off. Is that really what you want?

And for person who said the Army would be needed, I think even then it wouldn't be enough. I fail to see how people think Rob is going to want to actually speak to the fans if they attack him. IMO the "fans" who do run and attack him generally aren't the fans just the idiotic people who have know idea what Rob is actually like as a person, he is /shy/ for a start. Yes a bit of screaming at big events is a bit understandable but only as they first come on and not after every syllable or letter they say >< I agree as much as I'd love to meet Rob and talk to him I think the only way I would enjoy that and hopefully him would be away from the press and the lunatics who call themselves his fans. I truly don't think an event now with Rob would work unfortunately and it would be incredibly unfair on him imo.

EDIT: SOME 'supposed' Twilight fans.

I'm a fan and would never want to disrupt any of their lives or get them killed!!

The fans have been cleared of any wrong doing on this occasion haven't they? Rob's security needs to be stepped up that would sort out the problem!

Not sure about the fans being cleared but it still does get a bit mental. By supposed fans I meant Rob fans, some of them are fans just because he's gorgeous and some just because he's Edward Cullen and would probably go a bit mental if they saw him.

I know alot of people who have met Rob, myself included and I don't think any of them as your said would disrupt his life or get him killed. It just gets a bit crazy sometimes I guess. I feel sorry for any stars who are horded by fans hopefully it will die down a bit at some point.

This may be the thread to ask. But a friend and I are planning on doing a Rob meets fans video (sppof type thing) Would you say holding a big sign saying Rob Pattinson is hear would be a bad idea unless we want to get killed. Cos we will need people screaming in the video if we make it xP

This may be the thread to ask. But a friend and I are planning on doing a Rob meets fans video (sppof type thing) Would you say holding a big sign saying Rob Pattinson is hear would be a bad idea unless we want to get killed. Cos we will need people screaming in the video if we make it xP

You may possibly get trampled lol which might not be a good idea. Maybe if you can plan it with a few people it could work.

Summit has said that It was not caused by fans.

Call me a cynic, but until or unless Pattison threatens to walk away, Summit's best interest is in not offending any potential moviegoers/DVD purchasers etc, which includes not labelling any such "potential customers" as irresponsible or idiotic...

As for other posters' points about fan behaviour being illogical and irrational and potentially injurious to the focus of their attentions... read any number of biographies of the Beatles, Stones, ec (and probably the Bay City Rollers, Wham, Take That etc) and you'll see that it's nothing new. (I remember a guy who'd worked a lot of music gigs, including some heavy biker festivals, say that he'd rather deal with a whole venue full of Motorhead fans than the first three rows of a Wham gig...)