Showmasters: What is going on?

Lambourne

I'm been following this and I'm pretty gobsmacked that SM haven't come forward to defend themselves. They usually do, so the silence is very eerie.

It's all very well asking people to be patient but when there is money, flights, hotel bookings, needing to book time off work, travel, and many other factors like that involved in attending a SM/ME convention, it's surely understandable that people are getting angsty?

All people seem to want is some kind of acknowledgement and at this point in time, I don't think that's unresonable. If this were any other business such a lack of communication wouldn't be taken at all well. I think people have been very patient and polite, considering.

Edited by Princess83

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

The problem I see is if they don't actually have anything to update with at the moment, then even if they came on and said "we're aware of your concerns" .. well, it wouldn't make a HUGE amount of difference.

Yes, it'd be good for goodwill and yes, it'd be nice to be acknowledged, but then people will still be frustrated at the lack of information etc, and we'd still be where we are now.

If they're going to reply, I'd rather they did it with some concrete information.

And that's not my point of view as a moderator, that's my point of view as an attendee to an event that has my most-wanted guest attending!

Yes, Michael Emerson is the only announced guest.

This is why many here want to know what is going on!

The event was announced 30 November 2008, Michael was announced 16 April 2009, since then nothing.

:thumbup:

Edited by Peter

Now I may be wrong but I thought tickets were sold on the basis of 4 guests. Just no guarantee of who they were. I remember this debate for lockdown and it being said that because we had 4 guests - albeit there were no main cast - there were no refunds.

That being the case are we entitled to refunds if we don't wish to come for just one guest even if it isn't cancelled?

Have sm tried dominic monaghon ? His family live in england he has quite a few connections in england. If sm booked him he might come for the following reasons above^^^ aswell as doing abrams inc.

Edited by Scifimaniac

Oh yeah, that's it. Sorry, I did attend but I couldn't remember if people were offered the option of backing out.

Well, that set a precident that 4 guests is acceptable but 3 guests is enough for the event to go ahead, but not without offering compensation. Safe to say there'd be SOME action if there was only one guest, though we can't say what that is.

• Moderators

Personally, yes I'd still attend. Michael is more than enough for me, and I'd go without question.

I'm lucky in terms of living in London and travel not being too different whenever I book it etc, so I realise I have it far easier than some.

Yeah that's what I mean, if the price was dropped/partial refunds given. I was so excited about Michael being announced that's why I bought my ticket so I'd definitely still go but not for the £125 I paid and not for the whole weekend, probably could only get away with making it a day rather than a weekend. But surely there must be some British based (cheaper ;-)) stars that could be got...I'm still holding out hope for a new guest announcement!

Personally, yes I'd still attend. Michael is more than enough for me, and I'd go without question.

I'm lucky in terms of living in London and travel not being too different whenever I book it etc, so I realise I have it far easier than some.

Me too, Michael is worth everything I'm paying for that weekend (And I really have NOT a lot of money, but LOST is the greatest thing for me, and Michael is the greatest one in LOST.) And I don't think that I would have another chance to meet him than that. I bought my ticket on the first day they went on sale, and so far I don't regret anything, because this one guest is more than I ever imagined :)

Edited by Bregi

This time though SM promised to deliver a "UK event to celebrate the culmination of some of the work by J.J. Abrams, including Alias, Lost and Fringe."

So if Michael was the only guest for that event, customers who have bought a ticket should be imo entitled to a full refund as they would only get a guest from "Lost".

Now i'm not saying that will happen! Maybe and hopefully there's more guests to come, but if that event was going to be turned into a weekend/day with Michael Emerson i believe it wouldn't be honest not to refund those who were expecting a JJ Abrams event and not a "Weekend with a guy from Lost, as cool as he is"

Now looks like a lot of concerns on here are about further guests for this event while i still wonder why photo ops tickets with Michael Emerson himself weren't put on sale yet... Now that's something SM / ME could answer right away without having to debate for hours about it and be able to give us some information... :thumbup:

Edited by God L'Eponge

it'd be good for goodwill

From where I'm sitting, it looks like a reply as a goodwill gesture would be enough for most people at this point...it looks to me that people on this forum just want a simple acknowledgement that they matter and would be happy with that until SM can give them further information. To see SM logging in and posting on every other board but this one can't be a nice feeling when you're a paying customer. It would make SM look much better as a business as well.

Edited by Princess83

if our figures are at all accurate, Showmasters are going to lose money, potentially a lot, on this event.

There's also the guaranteed sales for hotel rooms. If about 90 tickets have been sold, that could be as few as 45 rooms sold.

Unless they're selling imaginary tickets they've sold about 90 for Abrams.

Whereas something like Hallowhedon has sold about 410!

What can SM do? Book another 2 guests from fringe/alias and hope they'll sell another 200 tickets just to keep the losses on an even keel?

8 pages of posts from potential/actual customers and not a jiffy from SM/ME

There is only one way to describe this...

RUDE!

Sorry, but it's a fact. They may be having difficulties, they may have unresolved issues. We are not asking them to go into details about their business dealings. We are simply asking for some common courtesy and some acknowledgement that they can understand the concerns and they will get back to us.

To totally IGNORE the posts on this forum sends a very bad message and I would have hoped for better from them.

8 pages of posts from potential/actual customers and not a jiffy from SM/ME

There is only one way to describe this...

RUDE!

Sorry, but it's a fact. They may be having difficulties, they may have unresolved issues. We are not asking them to go into details about their business dealings. We are simply asking for some common courtesy and some acknowledgement that they can understand the concerns and they will get back to us.

To totally IGNORE the posts on this forum sends a very bad message and I would have hoped for better from them.

Exactly are they tring to put off customers? All it takes is a few sentances ! But as people on this forum have saide they might be having problems , they might be busy and they might be finalising deals as we write theese messages.

Edited by Scifimaniac

I think its crazy that they haven't replied yet and very poor customer service. Me and some friends are thinking of coming to this but as it stands now I don't think so. Also where is everyone getting the 90 ticket sales from? I do hope we get a announcement soon.

it'd be good for goodwill

it looks to me that people on this forum just want a simple acknowledgement that they matter and would be happy with that until SM can give them further information.

Yes... yes, I think a lot of people want that. You'd think it's simple, huh? :D

Anyway, where's everyone hearing that only 90 tickets were sold? That sounds like an awful few...

If one more good Lost character is added i.e Daniel Dae Kim then I will definitely be buying a ticket as will a couple of my friends. If they book the people, people will come I doubt they are worried about that.

if they are getting more guests or not, are running this event or not, then either way they need to let people know.

As others have said its bad business to not let people know what is going on especially those who have already booked a ticket to come to the event

I personally can't see what the point would be if they run this event and make a lose, personally they should quit while there ahead with this one, if they can't get any more guests soon then they need to start giving people there money back, and start learning from there mistakes which IMO it doesn't look like they are.

How long can a company like this go on supporting events that are lossing money. When people say they think SM/ME are running to many events, well when events are loosing money, one has to be cancelled and they don't have the time or decency to talk to there potential customers when there might be a problem, then I definatly have to agree, that they are running to many events and if they havn't done so already need to rethink what they are doing for the future.

Things like no replies etc like here, could put off potential future business and no one wants that, and im sure least of all SM/ME themselves...

:D

LLAP :chair: