Showmasters: What is going on?

Lambourne

i love abrams stuff but i dont like lost, its never grabbed me so untill someone else is anounced i know its putting me and my friend off.

two of my friends pulled out of eclipse 3 for the same reasons as stated here a few times.

this idea seems like a brilliant one.

cutting the price to 30 and a evning with sounds a good idea but its abit expensive on the travel side of me and many others travling from outside the 'area'

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well another organiser had an evening with type event which was around £45 where you got meet and greet, auto, photo and a guest talk all included in the package. if for any reason this con didn't work out, id love one of them but then traveling to Northampton for one evening is a bit unjustifiable

I'd definitely rather have a small Michael-based event than see the whole thing cancelled, if it comes to that. I reeeeally want to meet him :) It'd seem a terrible shame to book such a wonderful guest and then have to cancel him (as opposed to him having to cancel).

Interesting case this. To be honest, my gut feeling is that it's unlikely to get cancelled at this late stage; in fact I think Lizzy's suggestion is definitely the most sensible way forward, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way this event ends up going.

But I do agree SM have been very quiet on this front. I don't think that's an excuse to start pulling out the pitchforks and burning torches, but I can see why people are concerned. For what it's worth, I suspect Abrams related guests have proved somewhat more difficult to get hold of than they anticipated....

Interesting case this. To be honest, my gut feeling is that it's unlikely to get cancelled at this late stage; in fact I think Lizzy's suggestion is definitely the most sensible way forward, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way this event ends up going.

But I do agree SM have been very quiet on this front. I don't think that's an excuse to start pulling out the pitchforks and burning torches, but I can see why people are concerned. For what it's worth, I suspect Abrams related guests have proved somewhat more difficult to get hold of than they anticipated....

After the disaster that was Lockdown, I think it was obvious they had already some guests in mind (I mean some contacts taken with agents) for an Abrams Inc convention. Obviously that was not the case. Even though I think Michael is a fantastic guest, I cannot pay 200 EUR for trains (at least), one night of hotel, foot, drink and so on, which would amount to at least 300 EUR (£270) not including additional autographs and photos. If the event is reduced to an evening with (which never actually happened with ME), I would simply ask for a refund.

After the disaster that was Lockdown, I think it was obvious they had already some guests in mind (I mean some contacts taken with agents) for an Abrams Inc convention. Obviously that was not the case. Even though I think Michael is a fantastic guest, I cannot pay 200 EUR for trains (at least), one night of hotel, foot, drink and so on, which would amount to at least 300 EUR (£270) not including additional autographs and photos. If the event is reduced to an evening with (which never actually happened with ME), I would simply ask for a refund.

And it still wouldn't be fair to people who booked their non refundable/non changeable train (or any other mean of travel) tickets from friday to sunday or friday to monday if the whole event was being held just one day!!! What would we do the rest of time? Sightseeing? Thank you i don't feel like hanging around two days in a country i almost know by heart, nor that i feel like paying hotel nights for nothing!

That would be a joke!

It's a shame we're still awaiting a reaction from ME / SM. It's starting to get ridiculous!

Edited by God L'Eponge

Yea I'm already considering what to do in worstcase.. I mean I have my flight booked to Luton, so I need quickly to know what is going on, maybe I can get a connecting flight to another country which I'm more interested in. But that's not how I want it to happen :unsure:

When this was originally announced I thought yeah I will book this, and great they got Micheal etc, but I held off due to wait for a second guest due to the difficult financial times we are facing. I am now glad I did.

I am rather concerned now though as I watched Lockdown, Eclipse and now this event not exactly turn out the way it was "supposed" too for want of a better word.

I plan on attending Hallowhedon and Tru Blood events but seeing what has happened on the basis on these events I am reconsidering as it seems such a risk! :unsure:

Tell you what guys.

Start talking about other cons, other organisers - that'll get SM on here in a flash!! :unsure:

Seriously though, I still believe that SM /ME have taken on too many things. If you announce a LOST/BUFFY/TREK con or whatever, most people will expect good guests, main cast guests and more than one. Now, if you get an actor who has a recurring role or someone who guest stared in an ep or two, it doesn't really make the con special (that's for those who wants cons to be about the guests; I know that for some of you it's just a chance to meet up with other fans and that's fine too).

If said 2nd string guests were at CM or LFCC then that'd be fine, interesting guests who don't have to carry the weight of the fans expectations for the show alone.

10 or 12 2nd string stars make for a good CM, 1 or 2 2nd string guests don't make an attractive con for most people.

I think SM/ME should conserve the limited pool of guests who are available and bring them together at CM/LFCC.

Why aren't SM saying anything

Tell you what, I'll answer the questions : -

Q : - Are you trying to get more guests?

A : - Yes we are. We have made some offers, and we're waiting for feedback.

Q :- Is Michael Emerson still coming?

A : - Yes he is. If that changes we'll let you know.

Q : - Are you going to cancel the event?

A : - No.

Q : - If Michael Emerson cancelled, would you cancel the event?

A : - Er.... we'd evaluate it at the time.

Q : - What do you think of Lizzy's idea?

A : - Sounds like a plan - we'll give it some thought.

It's a shame we're still awaiting a reaction from ME / SM. It's starting to get ridiculous!

Surprisingly enough, I'll be locking this. I'm fully aware that you want information - so do I - but let's not be ridiculous about it please.

As you see that's my wish too...

Edited by God L'Eponge

I agree with DavidB, people taking the pee will get us no where, if anything it will hinder even more (if possible) as when they do reply there likely to concentrate on defending themselves aginst the silly posts rather than giving us the reply we all want.

Edited by Lambourne

Maybe it's just because I had a terrible day, being stuck in traffic-jams for hours, but I don't expect anything anymore from this event. I have the feeling that Michael will not be there and even that the event might be cancelled. Selling tickets at this late stage is now utopic, so I can't see how this event could happen. It's weird and maybe due to my bad mood but now I just hope for a cancellation and a refund of my ticket and hoping that Michael can attend another event like LFFC. I know this won't please a lot of people but for me it would be the best solution at this moment.

I agree with DavidB, people taking the pee will get us no where, if anything it will hinder even more (if possible) as when they do reply there likely to concentrate on defending themselves aginst the silly posts rather than giving us the reply we all want.

Sorry but if i had paid out nearly £200 i would be taking the p*** by now....

This seems to be happening to often....i have paid to go to Housebroken, so i hope that does not go the same :rolleyes: way.

This seems to be happening to often....i have paid to go to Housebroken, so i hope that does not go the same :thumbup: way.

You'll be fine with Housebroken, because all the guests are UK based, which means that even if their filming schedule changes, they are generally able to make the event, where as an American guest who is filming Friday and Monday would be unlikely to make it.

This seems to be happening to often....i have paid to go to Housebroken, so i hope that does not go the same :thumbup: way.

You're much more lucky than us apparently, not only you have information but you also have new guests for Housebroken. We are totally ignored here. Nice ^_^

I don't think you have anything to worry about with Housebroken, it isn't until 2010 yet they already have three guests, the most recent announced today, yet still we have no news...

And sorry Bregi, Mike was just joking...