Showmasters: What is going on?

Lambourne

It's not just this event. There's still been no official word on Autographica since they confirmed the dates a couple of months back. We're less than 3 months away from that now with no guests announced and no official comments if it is a definite goer.

I appreciate that SM have a lot on with all the other events - but some form of communication one way or the other would allow the very people who have been comitted to buying tickets for their events in the past to commit.

Sadly at the moment I can't rely on the announcements of events as being a guarantee that they'll go ahead like I used to be able to. And for the record I DO think that SM have taken on far too many events- like all companies over the past decade they've grown and grown and grown - and now it's time to shrink with the recession and focus on the staple of events that made them the best organisers of these kind of things in the first place.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

Exactly when there is such a "negative" topic, Jason or at least Too Tall answer quite quickly and the lack of any kind of reaction sounds really bad :blink:

Sometimes I will have discussed an event with Mark or Jason and therefore have more information than the regular attendee. In this case I've not been in the loop so apart from "please wait" I don't have much to add.

I am now looking at getting in to the loop.

Edited by Too Tall

Exactly when there is such a "negative" topic, Jason or at least Too Tall answer quite quickly and the lack of any kind of reaction sounds really bad :blink:

Sometimes I will have discussed an event with Mark or Jason and therefore have more information than the regular attendee. In this case I've not been in the loop so apart from "please wait" I don't have much to add.

I am now looking at getting in to the loop.

There's a 'loop' now?!? :D

Sure, no problem. I just meant that it's strange that nobody reacts even though the situation is not looking good at all. All we can do is wait but as I said, it will already probably be too late for me to book trains at a reasonable price :blink:

Maybe Massive Events/Showmasters need a hand to help them giving us a reply, as they might be overly busy with other events and tasks?

So it's my pleasure to help, so that they just have to cross out if unappropriate (or just edit and delete the inappropriate :thumbup:)

-------------------------------

Hi there,

We are sorry we left you without any news so long, but as you know we are working on bringing you the best A-list guests for the 128 next events planned this year.

That's being said,

[a] We are pleased to let you know that this event is still taking place

We are sorry to inform you that due to uexpected difficulties and poor ticket sales that event is now cancelled

Michael Emerson is

[a] still scheduled to appear to that event and looking forward to meet you all

already being planned for another event and look forward to meet you all there

Michael photo-ops

[a] haven't been put on sale because we are still in negociations with Michael's agent about it, but they will be put on sale soon or will be available to buy at the event

haven't been put on sale because somehow we weren't sure this event would take place but hopefully there will be one at that other event

As far as other guests are concerned,

[a] we're still working on it and we can promise you one of the best line-up you could dream of

we tried our best but due to economical difficulties and the poor ticket sales so far, we couldn't get enough interesting ones to keep that event going

[a] Prepare to be amazed by Abrams Inc. and if you didn't do it yet, get your ticket, hotel room and your travel ticket

Once again we're as disappointed as you when it comes to the cancellation of this event and will of course proceed to full refund for those who bought a ticket. If you booked hotel room you can still contact the hotel to cancel your room at no charge, if you bought a non refundable travel ticket we're deeply sorry but we can't do much about it, it's never wise to plan things regarding one specific guest announcement.

See you all at

[a] Abrams Inc.!

a next event

(signature)

Hope that helps! :(

Edited by God L'Eponge

Maybe Massive Events/Showmasters need a hand to help them giving us a reply, as they might be overly busy with other events and tasks?

So it's my pleasure to help, so that they just have to cross out if unappropriate (or just edit and delete the inappropriate ;))

Hi there,

We are sorry we left you without any news so long, but as you know we are working on bringing you the best A-list guests for the 128 next events planned this year.

That's being said,

We are sorry to inform you that due to uexpected difficulties and poor ticket sales that event is now cancelled

Michael Emerson is

Michael photo-ops

[a] haven't been put on sale because we are still in negociations with Michael's agent about it, but they will be put on sale soon or will be available to buy at the event

haven't been put on sale because somehow we weren't sure this event would take place but hopefully there will be one at that other event

[a] we're still working on it and we can promise you one of the best line-up you could dream of

we tried our best but due to economical difficulties and the poor ticket sales so far, we couldn't get enough interesting ones to keep that event going

[a] Prepare to be amazed by Abrams Inc. and if you didn't do it yet, get your ticket, hotel room and your travel ticket

Once again we're as disappointed as you when it comes to the cancellation of this event and will of course proceed to full refund for those who bought a ticket. If you booked hotel room you can still contact the hotel to cancel your room at no charge, if you bought a non refundable travel ticket we're deeply sorry but we can't do much about it, it's never wise to plan things regarding one specific guest announcement.

See you all at

[a] Abrams Inc.!

a next event

(signature)

Hope that helps! :thumbup:

lol - I like your style! Very Funny sir! :(

You'd think that when it came to finding guests for a JJ Abrams themed event it wouldn't be incredibly hard to find some really interesting and worthwhile guests, I mean we're talking about a man who's been involved in some of the best cult television shows in recent years here so there are possible guests in cast members from several shows and films.

I'm sure we'd all love to meet major Lost characters but as we all know from the Lockdown events this is very unlikely as the main players are still busy filming so you tend to end up with the recently deceased characters! But when you look at JJ's work there are a wealth of possibilities for other guests. Fringe is a great current show that JJ is involved in and any of the cast from that show would be very interesting to meet, also Alias was another great show - what about someone like Ron Rifkin (Arvin Sloane) great character and great actor - almost like Alias's own version of Lost's Ben in a way (evil one minute, possibly a 'good guy' the next - kept you guessing)

Hell, even someone like Victor Garber (Sydney's dad Jack Bristow) would be cool - he recently admitted to sitting at home playing online poker for 10 hours straight a day due to lack of acting work - I doubt he'd refuse a few quid to come over and spend a few days with fans in a hotel!!

Just a thought whilst we're waiting for an answer on the fate of this event.

I agree to some extent that Michael is Lost, but I don't think he's the likely one who'll sell hundreds of tickets in order to bring in more guests. You got to look to the likes of Josh Holloway with the fan girls and the lads no doubt would buy a ticket instantly if Evangeline was announced.

About an hour later 'showmasters' was reading the thread aswell, some minutes later some moderators too. I hope we will hear something tonight.

I'd imagine we'll probably hear something soon, I thought we would have by now. Hopefully tonight.

I'm sure we'd all love to meet major Lost characters but as we all know from the Lockdown events this is very unlikely as the main players are still busy filming so you tend to end up with the recently deceased characters! ...

They're not busy filming Lost - not at the moment, anyway. Lost is currently on its inter-season hiatus, and won't start filming again until September. So, the main cast are theoretically available to attend cons and so on. Whether they will come to this one, as we've seen, is another matter :S

I'm getting quite worried now. I've already booked my hotel and train...

So it's my pleasure to help, so that they just have to cross out if unappropriate (or just edit and delete the inappropriate ;))

Hi there,

That's being said,

Michael Emerson is

Michael photo-ops

See you all at

[a] Abrams Inc.!

a next event

(signature)

Hope that helps! :D

lol - I like your style! Very Funny sir! :WINCE:

Thanks ;)

I tried to bring a little bit of humour to a very sad situation as Massive Events keep reading this thread (i noticed it this afternoon again) and seem not to think we deserve an answer... :(

Edited by God L'Eponge

• Moderators

Of course they know you exist :WINCE:

But they're probably making decisions before saying anything. Presumably it gets to a point where they need to see if they're carrying on or not etc.

Of course they know you exist :WINCE:

But they're probably making decisions before saying anything. Presumably it gets to a point where they need to see if they're carrying on or not etc.

LOL I know they know we know they know I know they know we exist, I was just joking. I'd imagine they'll probably plan there reply/announcement for awhile before posting also.

I share the concerns already expressed by many, having experienced the same issues with LOCKDOWN, and ECLIPSE 3.

I put off buying a ticket until Michael Emerson was announced, hoping this would be the first of several guests to be announced. Now I find it is deja vu all over again..

:(

If they can't get anymore guests, knock the price down to about £30, refund those with tickets the difference, and have an Audience with: Michael Emerson. My bf and I would buy a ticket instantly, and I know a fair few others would too. I would rather have him in a small show than not at all tbh.