face book or twitter

the4thtimelord

I have accounts for both but I don't really use Twitter at all. I just can't get in to it, it makes no real sense to me.

That said I didn't really get Facebook at first either but I think it's great now so maybe there is still hope for Twitter lol

As much as I never wanted to say this Twitter.

I've never liked Facebbok, its like to much work, where as with twitter I can text from my phone where ever I am a quick message and whala its on been texted to my page on twitter, and I don't have to go into the interenet once.

Also what with me running a group, and having no luck with any replies from facebook, I can simply text the details a couple days or a week before an event and anyone following me knows instantly what is happening.

Might not get any new group members, but I like it and thats all that matters. Cuts down on all the friends requests and tags and oh do this quiz and this one and blah blah blah sent you a message or taged you etc, its much simpler, and it costs me nothing to send the texts :P

B)

LLAP :P

Facebook :wub:

I don't understand Twitter.I can't figure out how to send people messages on there, it looks more complicated than Facebook.

You put the @ symbol and then someones username (no gaps) and then type the message and it shows up on there page, will type the private message code when I remember what it is, needless to say it really isn't that hard.

:hathor:

LLAP ;Borg:

• Moderators

Facebook, for me, is far better for social aspects.

Twitter is great too for ease of use, and getting information from various places etc, but that's all it is to me really.

• 2 weeks later...

I find Twitter great for updating on the go _ I have an iPhone, so any time I'm at a con, I can upload pics as and when I take them :)

I also rarely have the time to sit and write full Blog updates these days, so again... Twitter to the rescue.

Same goes for Airsoft skirmishes at Section 8 - I can take my phone with me to the site, and post about any momentous battles or sneaky maneuvers as and when they happen, sometimes with pics as well.

scapey , if anyone's interested in my boring-ass life ^_^

First non-introductory post and I'm on about my addiction already...

...twitter for me. I never really liked Facebook, the sites just not as user friendly as say Bebo, and twitter is more entertaining as it's pretty much an open text anyone can reply to.

• 2 weeks later...

First non-introductory post and I'm on about my addiction already...

...twitter for me. I never really liked Facebook, the sites just not as user friendly as say Bebo, and twitter is more entertaining as it's pretty much an open text anyone can reply to.

Bebo is full of spam. The only comments I ever had on Bebo were spam comments about webcam. I've left Bebo for good now, that site's like a bad lover.

Twitter.... there's not enough to do on there, all you're doing is updating your status, that's about it.

Facebook is epic WIN though. All the applications should be on Facebook, rather than Bebo or MySpaz. Because yanno, Facebook is boring without all the apps. xD

MySpaz is alright; it's not in my good books atm though, because someone must have hacked into my account and messed with my details. It's good for discovering new bands, but other than that, y'know... Too many support pages clogging up your friend's list.

So all in all. Facebook. Add me? www.facebook.com/PsnowConeLawliet

I don't really get spam on Bebo. As it's only really used for friends/collegues to have a laugh with I've put it on private. I'll get an invite or two but thats about it. I get more spam on MySpace as it's a public profile, but only use it as a way to pimp out my stuff - and arranged the page to hide any spam as I never have the energy to delete it and barely log in.

Updating the status on twitter isn't really it for me. It's the chats and conversations that make it entertaining, something that doesn't really happen on profile sites.

My only big complaint is all the crap people add to MySpace and Bebo. Why create a page that takes three days to scroll past seventy two pictures of your cat or people you find pumpable?