What did everyone think?

Christoff

OK - I personally liked the disco - incuding Rasputin!!

Before I go on, I will say that I am crew and very proud of that, but my view is personal.

Yes I will agree that some cons may have had 'better' music, but 'better' can mean different things to different people. As Davey has said, it was really hard to please everyone at that event as there were differing tastes. For a start I met a lot of complete newbies, many of which were young and had no interest in the cheese or con songs. I also met a lot of people who only wanted cheese and ony danced to that. Me? I danced to pretty much everything on the times I was there. I know that had one of my best friends been there, she would not have been happy as he likes dance/rap - but would others there? You can never please everyone and I have been to many a con where even the most established DJ has lost the floor at times.

I do feel tho that if the only thing that can be complained about is poor Davey as the DJ (and lets give some kudos for a hard job there), then as has been said, it was a great con :lol: There are other times when different DJ's play at the events and having been to every one this year, I can say that not all have been any different in terms of playlists/complaints etc!

On another note - Jason has stated that the official club didn't want any involvement and as sad as that is, if ME hadn't done this there may not have been another one run this year for RD fans and that is what matters. There are often situations where more than one organistation runs an event on a specific show and it is up to the fans to choose between them based on what they view as value for money and whatever is important to them personally. So am not shooting anyone down just saying that for any fan wanting to go to a convention, you have to choose whose you want - if that is ever a choice - and pass on your comments which are listened to if constructive :lol:

Last comment - I made a point of speaking to pretty much everyone in the drinks reception (Gold Pass Holders) and asking how they saw the event etc. So if any were you - HI! :rolleyes: I aso spoke to loads at the party, as do most crew, and we take note of complaints and feed back to Too Tall.

Kirstie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem I can see is that is what you would have done because that's what you like. It's very difficult to please a huge amount of people when the target audience isn't necessarily a select and specific group of people.

Errrrrrr..... No, thats the point.....!!! Its not about what I want, its about creating a mixture of tunes that everyone likes. If it was about what I wanted I would say play Trance all night!! :rolleyes:

The bottom line is that most people thought the music on Saturday night was terrible, with the 'odd' person thinking it was ok.

The fact that the guy behind the bar was commenting to his fellow workers that the DJ was the worst he had heard in all his time working there (several years) is enough for me to back up my comment.

Lets just say that I have some experiance in the music world...Ok I admit it, I am a Professional in the industry - And I am heavily experianced in the music entertainment sector - And I can assure you that as standard, the DJ on Sat night was well below par. If I had hired that DJ for that party, I would of demanded my money back.

That is all I will say on the subject. SM - 10/10 for the organisation of the whole weekend. 0/10 for the DJ on the Sat night.

No, 'most people' have not said that they thought the Saturday night music was terrible. That sweeping statement is facually incorrect. I was there with several friends and we all thought it was great.

As for the barman, well the bar was staffed my non-geeks, aged 20 or less, so they were hardly the target audience! He would probably have preferred 4 hours of R and/or B, which personally would have driven ME nuts!

I'm finding it hard to take you remotely seriously, when you say sweeeping statements that blatantly aren't true and then refuse to tell us what songs you (and your mate) requested that weren't played? How is anyone supposed to learn from your 'professional' skills, when you can't even tell us any examples of what should have been played? In fact, the FACT that you say you do this professionally, makes me wonder if you are in fact trying to stir up trouble, to get yourself a gig?

Were the club contacted in any way before this event as a matter of fact? It seems a bit late to offer the olive branch now.

I refer you to this post wherein can be found the words "the club have never talked to us once and we would have been more than happy to help promote them but we could never get ahold of them we did try to email them but there email adress did not work and in the end we tried to contact people involved with the club but no one ever came back to us"

Personally I find Boney M's "Ra-Ra Rasputin" no worse than any other cheesey 70s classic which gets trotted out on such occasions. To be honest I'd prefer it to bloody Grease Lightning or ABBA which is so predictable. Mind you since I'm the sort of guy who'd be happy if somebody just bunged the Blues Brothers soundtrack on, I'm happy to admit that my tastes may no longer be considered mainstream.

The only problem I can see is that is what you would have done because that's what you like. It's very difficult to please a huge amount of people when the target audience isn't necessarily a select and specific group of people.

Errrrrrr..... No, thats the point.....!!! Its not about what I want, its about creating a mixture of tunes that everyone likes. If it was about what I wanted I would say play Trance all night!! :D

The bottom line is that most people thought the music on Saturday night was terrible, with the 'odd' person thinking it was ok.

The fact that the guy behind the bar was commenting to his fellow workers that the DJ was the worst he had heard in all his time working there (several years) is enough for me to back up my comment.

Lets just say that I have some experiance in the music world...Ok I admit it, I am a Professional in the industry - And I am heavily experianced in the music entertainment sector - And I can assure you that as standard, the DJ on Sat night was well below par. If I had hired that DJ for that party, I would of demanded my money back.

That is all I will say on the subject. SM - 10/10 for the organisation of the whole weekend. 0/10 for the DJ on the Sat night.

No, 'most people' have not said that they thought the Saturday night music was terrible. That sweeping statement is facually incorrect. I was there with several friends and we all thought it was great.

As for the barman, well the bar was staffed my non-geeks, aged 20 or less, so they were hardly the target audience! He would probably have preferred 4 hours of R and/or B, which personally would have driven ME nuts!

I'm finding it hard to take you remotely seriously, when you say sweeeping statements that blatantly aren't true and then refuse to tell us what songs you (and your mate) requested that weren't played? How is anyone supposed to learn from your 'professional' skills, when you can't even tell us any examples of what should have been played? In fact, the FACT that you say you do this professionally, makes me wonder if you are in fact trying to stir up trouble, to get yourself a gig?

Lol! Yes mate probably!! Thats priceless! ^_^ Sorry though as I am not that clever and find promotion, a passion for music and doing a good job to grow my positive word of mouth a more effective way of getting gigs!! lol! Honestly though, its nothing to analyse like this. Fact is Davey admitted that he found it tough and I can understand why.

I can only go by the people I spoke to about the disco - I am sure some people liked it. There were a lot of people there and naturally I meant that the people I spoke with thought it was pants.

Go on...I'll bite, just cos I find it so funny...

How could I seek to benefit from 'stirring up trouble (lol)' in order to get a gig?! :YAHOO: How, Who Why would someone offer me a gig for that reason...(even though I am not trying to 'stir'......)

I never said I wanted anyone to learn my 'professional' skills! lol

Please don’t even try to take me even remotely seriously, its just my view and doesn’t need a full technical analysis - Life is to short - Chill out mate!

That is all I will say on the subject.

No fair. Since you're saying the music played was so poor, I think it's only fair that you parade before the jury of forum opinion and disclose your seven requests which presumably you felt would have improved the overall tuneage significantly :P