Craig Charles canceltion

hobbitfanatic

indeed we went there this morning at 10:00 to get his signatures but read he wasent coming - 2 of the main dwafers cancelled :poki: ow welll

tho we who had a photoshoot with craig planned instead we got a full guest photoshoot, and Chloë Annett stayed for that AWSOME twas a good comprimise tho gutted

It wasn't a let down, things like this can't be helped.

My fiance and I were there this weekend and we had a really good time despite the cancellations. Yes it was disappointing that Craig, Chis & Norman couldn't make it but the group photoshoot was good in recompense, ME/SM didn't have to do that. The good thing is, all three guys are fairly regular on the con circuit so they'll be back soon enough & they'll hopefully get them back for BTL2 next July.

Thanks to all the guests & crew for a fab weekend!!

I've just got back- I can tell you, it wasn't a waste at all- the guests were fab, and it was good to have a group photo. I'm only home early as I have work to do. There's another next year, and Craig says he'll 100% be there- he only pulled out due to illness.

• Moderators

Well of course we were all disappointed that he had to cancel, as the lineup was amazing initially, but all the guests that did attend did a fantastic job.

Personally I was happier to see Mac than anyone as he's a rarer signer compared to some of the others, and I'd not seen him in maybe 5 years.

Obviously we're all after different things, but I appreciated the group shot - especially Chloe being back for that - and all the guests were nothing but friendly, enthusiastic and entertaining. I loved seeing Robert and Danny in a convention environment, and the rest of the cast were superb too.

It certainly wasnt a waste at all...the weekend is what you make of it.Fantastic,great crew and really loved it for my first 2 day con.

I've just got back- I can tell you, it wasn't a waste at all- the guests were fab, and it was good to have a group photo. I'm only home early as I have work to do. There's another next year, and Craig says he'll 100% be there- he only pulled out due to illness.

a little bit on this from a good source :D

he was seen this morning coming out of church....in Liverpool. Seemed ok but no one knows why!!

Thought the girl was bulls***ting me but he is always seen in the area by her.

It was hard enough to get to bedford from liverpool on a saturday would be impossible on a sunday unless stayed over or drove early.

but if hes said he will be there next time im sure he will.

anyway enough about him i thought Chloe was fantastic...... :D:D:D

I can see this causing a lot of people wanting refunds

Craig AND Chris cancelling....

not being funny..... but it states clearly before you buy there is a chance of guests cancelling. Its the chance you take!

I went today and i thought it was brilliant...even though i turned up after 11. the guests were brilliant and funny, expecially in the talks.

I would also like to thank the crew as i turned up late due to travel problems and i still managed to get my photo ops. Thank you :) .

From what i can see everyone was happy and i wouldnt have wanted to miss it for the world :)

Was a little disappointed that craig canceled but it cant be helped.

As soon as ive saved up im buying a ticket for next year.

Edited by maegurwen

It certainly wasnt a waste at all...the weekend is what you make of it.Fantastic,great crew and really loved it for my first 2 day con.

a little bit on this from a good source :wub:

he was seen this morning coming out of church....in Liverpool. Seemed ok but no one knows why!!

Thought the girl was bulls***ting me but he is always seen in the area by her.

It was hard enough to get to bedford from liverpool on a saturday would be impossible on a sunday unless stayed over or drove early.

but if hes said he will be there next time im sure he will.

anyway enough about him i thought Chloe was fantastic...... ;):wub::D

I actually had a little advance warning of the cancellation. I was in my room on Saturday night flicking through the TV/radio channels and stopped at Craig Charles' Funk & Soul radio show. Halfway through his show he said "I'm supposed to be going to Bedford tomorrow for a Red Dwarf convention, but I don't think I' gonna make it. I've had a bad head-cold for the past week and just can't shake it." He did sound more subdued than usual. Unfortunately, it was too late for me to tell anyone about it (and if I did would it have caused panic?) but it meant the rest of the night I was worried he wouldn't be there the next day. Worst of all was that I had to wake up early incase he hadn't cancelled, as he was the only person on SUnday morning I needed a photo/autograph with.

Well I wish we'd known Saturday because according to the schedule I didn't need to be there until 11:30 to see him so didn't bother turning up before then (had nothing else to do there), found out he'd cancelled when I got there and missed out on the group photoshoot! :lol:

Personally I was happier to see Mac than anyone as he's a rarer signer compared to some of the others, and I'd not seen him in maybe 5 years.

Yeah I probably would have gone for him had I had more notice, it was too late in the day time we knew. And of course since getting all the regulars in one place is obviously going to take priority next time, I'd be surprised to see him at the next one

Well I wish we'd known Saturday because according to the schedule I didn't need to be there until 11:30 to see him so didn't bother turning up before then (had nothing else to do there), found out he'd cancelled when I got there and missed out on the group photoshoot! :lol:

I could have nursed my hangover a little longer!!

At the very least I could have had a longer lie in. Maybe if I'd had internet access I could have put something on just to make people aware of the POSSIBILITY of him cancelling, but again, would that even have served any purpose? Craig might have woken up feeling fine on Sunday. He might have felt bad but still come. No real point in causing people to cancel their plans when he could have turned up as scheduled. Imagine the beating I would have got if people decided not to come or wake up early based on what I said, and missed out on seeing Craig?