Are you a lurker?

rodrigo1991

The minute John Noble or Dominic Monaghan is announed I'm in big time.

I feel John Noble would pull in two sets of fans and thus increase ticket sales at the same time from a wider audience

I think that's the way they need to play the next guest if possible...someone that crosses over in 2 (or more shows). Should get quite a few people on board. Although failing that a massive name (but to be honest can't see that happening)

I've been doing some Showmasters stalking and they have made loads of posts through out the forum on queries and questions on other sections yet still nothing here. The Bitten (a convention that is over a year away) section has been reassured that guests are being worked on, yet....

Can no one from the SM head quarters spare two minutes just to give us some form of update as to what is going on? I know we would all appreciate it.

Can no one from the SM head quarters spare two minutes just to give us some form of update as to what is going on? I know we would all appreciate it.

they will probably all be at the Red Dwarf con over the weekend so you may have to wait a little longer

I don't think one guest is enough to try and bank the entire convention upon. Michael is a huge guest for us Lost fans, however a lot of Lost fans are going to be a little more careful with there money after Henry cancelled Lockdown.

Exactly ! :clap:

That's why i said that I understood why (after Lockdown) people are waiting because there is only one guest (who can cancel at the end)

But don't you think Showmasters need more than 50 or 100 passes sold to pay a second guest ?

I suppose Michael isn't a cheap guest...

I don't think 50 or 100 passes are enough to pay Michael...

I wouldn't say that at all, with the right guest line up I believe this definitely had the potential to be a sell out although I do think that even with the right guests it is now too late for that (although I'm sure if they booked Josh Holloway woman from all around the world will turn up in there hundreds :D ).

Of course LOST is an amazing show, and ALIAS was very good...

But that kind of tv shows has not the same potentiel than Twilight... to organize a sold out convention...

LOST has very specific fans, and some of them remember Lockdown unfortunalety...

To my mind, Eclipse 2 was a great succes because... Eclipse 1 was a great succes (and a lot of people had bought a pass for eclipse 2 during eclipse 1).

Eclipse 3 wasn't a succes because people were disappointed by Eclipse 2 and haven't order ticket for eclipse 3...

I agree with you, this JJ Abrams event has a great potential, but unfortunalety this event has difficulties because Lockdown was... lockdown :clap:

Exactly ! :P

That's why i said that I understood why (after Lockdown) people are waiting because there is only one guest (who can cancel at the end)

But don't you think Showmasters need more than 50 or 100 passes sold to pay a second guest ?

I suppose Michael isn't a cheap guest...

I don't think 50 or 100 passes are enough to pay Michael...

Normally I would 100% agree, however after the main and first guest announced for Lockdown cancelled, A LOT of people are going to need more encouragement to buy there ticket.

You are right, the current tickets sold probably doesn't cover the fees for Michael, let alone future guests, however it is a risk that needs to be taken if the convention is going to have any kind of success. This convention is for three shows and so far we only have one guest from one show, so at best you're only appealing to a third of the potential attendees.

Of course LOST is an amazing show, and ALIAS was very good...

But that kind of tv shows has not the same potentiel than Twilight... to organize a sold out convention...

LOST has very specific fans, and some of them remember Lockdown unfortunalety...

To my mind, Eclipse 2 was a great succes because... Eclipse 1 was a great succes (and a lot of people had bought a pass for eclipse 2 during eclipse 1).

Eclipse 3 wasn't a succes because people were disappointed by Eclipse 2 and haven't order ticket for eclipse 3...

I agree with you, this JJ Abrams event has a great potential, but unfortunalety this event has difficulties because Lockdown was... lockdown :D

I didn't mean that this had potential to sell out in the way Eternal Twilight 2 did. Twilight Conventions would probably sell out with no guests announced at all, however this convention would only ever sell out with a good line up of guests distributed between the three shows (obviously this is easier said than done).

A LOT of people are going to need more encouragement to buy there ticket.

COME ON !

BUY YOUR TICKET PLEASE ! :clap:

I joked :P

however it is a risk that needs to be taken if the convention is going to have any kind of success.

You're right !

But Does SM want to take this risk after the unsucces of Lockdown and Eclipse 3 ? :D

I'm not sure...

This convention is for three shows and so far we only have one guest from one show, so at best you're only appealing to a third of the potential attendees.

Of course, you're right !

Perhaps to announce an ALIAS guest could interest another people who aren't interested by LOST...

I hope there will be at least 3 guests (perhaps one of every show, even if I prefer LOST).

But what i fear is... Greg Grunberg was at eclipse 3 even if there wasn't enough passes sold... and SM lost money...

So... What i fear today (if the sale of tickets goes on like that ;) ) is that we will read the following message : Guest cancellation : Michael Emerson

Not because he can't come, but because there isn't enough passes sold... :D

And he will be subsituted by another LOST cheaper guest...

I'm posting JJ Abrams Inc. advertising on all the LOST fansites i know...

That's the only thing I can do... :D

I don't think SM will cancel Michael, it would be the whole convention rather than Michael himself. Any who, we don't have an official update on how ticket sales are doing so we don't really no where were at, but I don't think (at least hope LOL) that the situation is that bad. I've been to a couple Michael Emerson fan sites and they both have a few people who have booked tickets and none of them post here, a few even went for Gold.

Anyway...... WE NEED AN UPDATE FROM SHOWMASTERS!!!!! Please? :lol:

ETA: I've just posted about the convention on 3-4 more sites, one of them being Digital Spy which I'll probably be banned from for advertising or ripped apart for spamming but if it helps.... :D

Edited by Lambourne

I posted a thread about it on the Sky Lost forum back when Michael first got announced, but barely anyone replied. Although I do know that a least two people from there went for gold.

I did get a little annoyed at some people that claim to be huge Lost fans but turn down the opportunity to meet one of the biggest stars from it. There was endless amounts of begging but with no success, however I wasn't not going to go because of them. Ah well, I tried.