Are you a lurker?

rodrigo1991

There are a fair few people who post on here but i dont think many people have actually bought tickets yet.

I havn't bought mine yet but im 95% sure im going. Ive booked the time of work already, but im not rushing to buy my ticket just yet.

So who else is a lurker on here... Posting occasionally but havnt bought a ticket yet.

went to lockdown, technically lurking till the 2nd guest is announced but already booked time off work just incase, just not really wanting to risk with only one guest at the moment, but pretty sure as long as we get at least one more lost guest ill be going :)

I haven't purchased my ticket yet. To be quite honest, I only really watch Fringe so buying a ticket becuase there were Lost guests there would be pointless on a personal level.

My mum has offered to buy me a ticket for my birthday, but I wont be buying unless there are Fringe guests there. If they don't announce any other guests soon, I don't think I will be going.

Katie

exactly around now would be a great time to get guests and with it not being too late for people ... as seriously if its left to late its gonna be a disaster i think as people cant get the time of work etc hope we get some news soon!!!

In fact even if guests still have to be finalized, contracts signed and so on... it would be appreciable to have ANY news, because so far we're looking into the unknown... Photoshoots were supposed to be put on sale soon after Michael's announcement and there's still nothing yet, guests were supposed to be announced quickly after that and there's still nothing yet... As i said in another post (sorry Nikstar for having let you think there was a new announcement :( ) things are a bit worrying, and that absolute silence from Massive Events or SM (when they are so talkative when it comes to other subjects like Alan Flyng cancellation announcement for another event...) is not made to reassure people :D

There's surely a lack of communication from a company to its customers here... :D

As i said in another post (sorry Nikstar for having let you think there was a new announcement :blink: )

things are a bit worrying, and that absolute silence from Massive Events or SM (when they are so talkative when it comes to other subjects like Alan Flyng cancellation announcement for another event...) is not made to reassure people :D

There's surely a lack of communication from a company to its customers here... :YAHOO:

I completely agree, when there's nothing to add or if things arn't going that great then they tend not to talk (like collectormania manchester where for the last two years its been postponed yet nothings been said, same things going on the the autographica thread too with relation to the silent treatment about the lack of guests).

its obvious by the amount of events that there working their asses off for some events (ie - eternal twilight (AND the north/south mini event), the hub, lfacc etc) I'm sure they are working hard for this event too BUT if we don't get feedback, even if its just an update saying were working on it etc, it will reassure us and make us feel a ton more secure with this event, i am slightly worried that with the large pool of guests from 3 shows that were having only 1 guest with little under 2 months to go *eep*

I'm sure they'll pull something off i just hope they do it soon, for both ticket holders and the future of a lost event's sake.

Edited by nikstar1989

I've got to choose between this and a festival in Paris, as I can't afford both. Am going to have to make a choice by the end of the month as the Eurostar prices are creeping up and the festival might sell out. :thumbup: So would need to know by then if it's happening, as meeting Michael Emerson is the most important thing in the world!

I'm not a lurker ! I have my pass since April ^^

I begin to be a little frightened by :

- the silence of Massive events :headscratch:

- people who are posting they are waiting for a new announcement before to buy ticket (because to my mind there won't be a new announcement if there isn't more tickets sold :headscratch: )

In fact even if guests still have to be finalized, contracts signed and so on... it would be appreciable to have ANY news, because so far we're looking into the unknown... Photoshoots were supposed to be put on sale soon after Michael's announcement and there's still nothing yet, guests were supposed to be announced quickly after that and there's still nothing yet... As i said in another post (sorry Nikstar for having let you think there was a new announcement :dance: ) things are a bit worrying, and that absolute silence from Massive Events or SM (when they are so talkative when it comes to other subjects like Alan Flyng cancellation announcement for another event...) is not made to reassure people :dance:

There's surely a lack of communication from a company to its customers here... :(

You're so right !:D

In the past... i was the one who was posting that kind of message :dance:

But with the time... i have understood that to post that kind of message is useless :uhoh:

Comme on dit : parler à un mur ne sert a rien...

Thanks to lambourne to try his best on this forum so that Massive events don't forget us...

But they do...

Edited by sebastianillyria

The bottom line is that its 2 late to make this event a success, which I am very gutted about. After attending Lockdown I had big hopes that this event would rectify what happened with Lockdown. I estimate that Showmasters have collected around £8000 in revenue from ticket sales so far give or take a few hundred, which to be honest isnt enough in order to make an event like this work. So they are in a difficult situation. They obviosally cant get any guests, but if they cancel it they will make a loss and if they run it they will make a loss.

Clearly there is a market here for a con like this, but the problem is of course the guests. For many people, even if big, A-List names were announced tomorrow, they would no longer be able to come.

If I were Showmasters I would probably get some small Z-Listers on the card asap and run the event as best they can.

- people who are posting they are waiting for a new announcement before to buy ticket (because to my mind there won't be a new announcement if there isn't more tickets sold :headscratch: )

thing is alot of people put blind faith in SM with lockdown, when they booked with no or one guest, and as much as i enjoyed it, it was a big let down, so for us to even risk buying a ticket with one guest again is abit ludacris. i see it like this, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". just wish they'd give us answers tbh

thing is alot of people put blind faith in SM with lockdown, when they booked with no or one guest, and as much as i enjoyed it, it was a big let down, so for us to even risk buying a ticket with one guest again is abit ludacris. i see it like this, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". just wish they'd give us answers tbh

My comment was not a critic.

I understand why people are waiting for a new announcement... i was at Lockdown too...

But... I'm really very frightened for this event.

Because I think there are a lot of people who want to wait for another announcement before to buy a ticket...

But I think Showmasters is waiting for new tickets sold before to announce another guest...

So... everybody is waiting for something and nothing happens :P

I don't find a solution to this problem... :poki:

Since the beginning, we all know that this event won't be sold out at the end...

so i could wait to buy my pass... But i decided to buy a ticket early because i know that they need our money to announce guests...

I understand why a lot of people are waiting, but i think it's a big problem for showmasters...

My comment was not a critic.

I understand why people are waiting for a new announcement... i was at Lockdown too...

But... I'm really very frightened for this event.

Because I think there are a lot of people who want to wait for another announcement before to buy a ticket...

But I think Showmasters is waiting for new tickets sold before to announce another guest...

So... everybody is waiting for something and nothing happens:YAHOO:

I don't find a solution to this problem...:dance:

I don't think one guest is enough to try and bank the entire convention upon. Michael is a huge guest for us Lost fans, however a lot of Lost fans are going to be a little more careful with there money after Henry cancelled Lockdown, and the Fringe and Alias guests won't book with out guests from those shows.

Since the beginning, we all know that this event won't be sold out at the end...

I wouldn't say that at all, with the right guest line up I believe this definitely had the potential to be a sell out although I do think that even with the right guests it is now too late for that (although I'm sure if they booked Josh Holloway woman from all around the world will turn up in there hundreds :D ).

I wouldn't say that at all, with the right guest line up I believe this definitely had the potential to be a sell out although I do think that even with the right guests it is now too late for that (although I'm sure if they booked Josh Holloway woman from all around the world will turn up in there hundreds :YAHOO: ).

LOL I think you may be right on if they got Josh Holloway booked. Yep this event would be filled with lots of women..hehe!