Autograph pre-orders

Rockstar6662

Please take the following as constructive.

Just got home from work and my pre-ordered Leonard Nimoy autograph was waiting for me exactly as was promised - I paid for special delivery.

What's even better is that it's personalised. I didn't realise at first as it's been written over one of the darker parts of the pic that was chosen but it is...yay!!! :YAHOO:

Must say I wasn't really expecting that. Maybe an advantage of using the service the organiser is promoting. means every autograph I got from the weekend was personalised - means a lot to me.

Couple of points though. Please consider using slightly better packaging. The photo was loose in a cardboard envelope (which in itself was fine though a "please do not bend" sticker would be good) and I had a little difficultly getting it out while trying not to damage it.

Some kind of protective sleeve at the very least would have been welcome as I was concerned about it bending or for the sig to rub/scratch.

Also the packaging used was very shiny and the pen my address was written with had started to rub off making it hard to read. Luckily not too much but just something to consider.

Sorry if that sounds picky but it's not like you could get this replaced easily if it got damaged ;)

What are everyone elses thoughts if you pre-ordered?

Other than that, very pleased. Got exactly what I ordered, personalised and a decent pic and it arrived very quickly.

I haven't ordered one myself but I'm glad to hear of this great service. Showmasters, as always, are great at thinking up new ideas and I really do think that this one is genius. It means that people who can't attend shows can get autographs which is brilliant. I'm glad you got yours so quick and are happy with it, that's very good news. :YAHOO:

Edited by Doctor Who

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the pre order service. I too think it's a genius idea, might come in handy for the future.

No problem. MSPG used to be affiliated with SM and I've used them very successfully in the past. Had a problem last year with an order and it would appear others have had problems too. So when Jason put up the thread about the new service, it seemed sensible to go with the official service when I knew I'd miss out on meeting Leonard.

The minor points I mention aside, I got what I wanted and as quickly as they said. Can't say better than that. The only thing you miss out on of course is being able to choose which picture you want. I may have chosen something different but I'm happy enough with the choice.

Where a guest has been in a number of things it might be worth having a box where you can say what type of pic you want i.e. for Ben I chose a Stargate pic but I'm sure others would have wanted a Farscape one or just a standard posed shot etc.

Maybe it was a tad expensive too as other services were a bit cheaper this time but felt I'd stand more chance getting a dedication with the SM approved service and I did.

Hope others who pre-ordered are as happy and that the service was a success as it's very useful when you find you can't get to a show.

I ordered a Burn Gorman photo, which arrived today, and I was very pleased with it. When I ordered the photo, I asked for a Torchwood photo if at all possible, and that is what I received. I would definitely use them again!

I ordered a Burn Gorman photo, which arrived today, and I was very pleased with it. When I ordered the photo, I asked for a Torchwood photo if at all possible, and that is what I received. I would definitely use them again!

Ah, now that's interesting. How were you able to specify? I didn't notice any way during the ordering process from the website.

Or maybe that's just what they were able to get done and luckily that's what you wanted.

Obviously for Leonard it's going to be Spock 99.9% of the time. I don't know if he had anything else available. I'm happy with the pic selected which was from the original TV series though I might have chosen something from one of the films myself, maybe even the new one if there was anything from that if i'd been able to be there but certainly can't complain.

I just sent them an email after I had placed my order to ask if I could possibly have a Torchwood photo of Burn. I am sure if you use them again in the future that you could ask them for a photo from a specific show, and I am sure they will do their best to oblige.

I just sent them an email after I had placed my order to ask if I could possibly have a Torchwood photo of Burn. I am sure if you use them again in the future that you could ask them for a photo from a specific show, and I am sure they will do their best to oblige.

Obvious. Must admit I didn't really think about it in this case. Glad there's another happy customer though. Thanks to Jason for arranging for this service.

I had my doubts about this service - especially the price - but I am pleased that those who have used it are happy with them. I must say that I am impressed that you have received them already!

I may even modify my opinion and use the service myself at another time.

I had my doubts about this service - especially the price - but I am pleased that those who have used it are happy with them. I must say that I am impressed that you have received them already!

I may even modify my opinion and use the service myself at another time.

It may not be for everyone and it wasn't the cheapest but having read of the problems people had been having with the previous company, I thought there may be an advantage of going with the service that the organiser was recommending and promoting. Presumably they would get preferential access etc and I didn't want to miss out even though I couldn't get there on the sat or sun.

The announcement said they'd be sent out the Monday after the show and mine certainly was. No idea how many orders they got but I'd certainly use them again. As I said, could possibly improve the packaging a bit to add some extra protection (even just one of those protective sleeves whic hI what I put them in anyway) but that's my only real concern.