Photo Distribution

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

For anyone who had to leave before the photos arrived at the event we are in the process of sorting and posting them out this week.

You should have all filled in a short slip with your discription and address. If you didnt pleased email

info@collectormania.com

Please provide clear discription of yourself, what you were wearing and what guests you had photos with, aswell as your address. Our Photo Distribution manager will get them out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wow i can't believe how impatient some people can be!

You should allow some time to SM to sort it all out, do you realize the number of photos they have to send and the amount of work it represents??? :D

I would start to worry if i didn't get my pic a month after the event... but a week... come on, you have to be a bit realistic!

:blush:

Edited by God L'Eponge

yes thanks i understand they are busy, i get how it works thank you ive been going to these events for years.

im not getting into an argument with you, all we are saying is, if you are paying EXTRA for the priveldge of it being posted out to you, most people wont expect to wait a week when they are paying for recorded/first class delivery which to be realistic should be within a couple of days.

that is what sazzzy is trying to say, and to be honest, yeah i do agree with her.

Edited by i_am_your_angel_of_music

if you are paying EXTRA for the priveldge of it being posted out to you, most people wont expect to wait a week when they are paying for recorded/first class delivery which to be realistic should be within a couple of days.

I'm not argueing either but you will get them within a day or 2, once it's posted. You didn't pay to have it delivered within a couple of days of the event, you paid for packaging and to have it recorded so you get it safely. They would have had a lot to do after the event, so give it a few days. I'm sure they will arrive soon.

• Showmasters Admin

hi just to let you know that around 50 % of the photos have gone out and the other on going out in the next few days so you should all have them by the end of the week.

on the day the photo lab had a brake down and meant that they arived last thing on the day sun and this created some of the issues you have been having we are sorry for this but you will all get them very soon

thank you for understanding

jason :unsure:

You're paying the postage cost. The postage cost is the same whether it's posted the day of the event or a month after. That said, if it ends up being a month late I'll be annoyed LOL.

well thats wrong.. pay extra for things to arrive faster thats why there such thing as first clas, second class, recorded deluivery, parcel post.... £2 is the price SM/ME set for the things to be posted, iv done things recorded delivery before and its cost less or more, depends how u package and how much it weighs.

And also yeh what annoyed me is the fact i waited around 4 hours to be told that i would have to pay postage cause id miss my coach otherwise, i think after a week, its ok to say well why isnt it here?! if i lived nearer the event and COULD wait to have it at wenever it got out, i would of done, but instead i had to leave and pay to get it pisted so yeh i think i can be annoyed wen it doesnt come after a week

and thanxs jason, least that clears some stuff up.

Edited by Sazzzy

• Showmasters Admin

OK, I've edited this as Sazzy has deleteing their post and it makes mine look a bit odd now.

Sazzy, your "complaints" section as an idea is not a bad one.

Firstly though there is no way to stop people from posting opposing views. Most of the time it's not people trying to have an argument they just believe that the person posting the "complaint" is not being reasonable or that the complaint is not valid. And that's "their" opinion and they are just as entitled to post that opinion as the original poster was to post their complaint in the first place.

My second issue with it is that it could just become a "slagging off SM" area. You and some others may have some legitimate complaints that can be looked at and perhaps resolved. But so many times we have people (trolls) come on here and make things up, exaggerated or just down right lie. They do this to try and make SM and the shows look bad for their own gain or because they hold some person grudge against SM.

Back on the topic at hand. You paid £2 for delivery of your photo. There was never any specific delivery date give or implied. It takes time to sort them all out based on the desc left and get them off to the right people. I'm sorry you feel over a week for this to be done isn't good enough for you.

It was a shame that the photos did not come back on time on Sunday but this was something out of SMs hands. Maybe if this happens again and photos are to be late we will look at waving the postage charge if people can not stay. But again please remember that the time for the photo to come back is never guaranteed and any approximate time given is just that, a guess. We are always dependent on the lab.

Edited by Too Tall

yeh sorry abotu deleteing it i just realise that maybe it wasnt the best place to post it and was going to email the idea instead! But im glad you think its nto such a bad idea and i can also see how theres the worrying of slagging off, but under the right moderation (which i know you and all the other mods are amazing at <3) it could be kept ok?

And yeh i appreciate the reply! can see your point of view and shwomasters and how its hard work to get everything out, and i do understand, so i will be patient of cause! I appreciate what you guys do.. It just sometimes feels like genuine complaints/quirres are overlooked because of the people who take it out of hand.

well thats wrong.. pay extra for things to arrive faster thats why there such thing as first clas, second class, recorded deluivery, parcel post.... �2 is the price SM/ME set for the things to be posted, iv done things recorded delivery before and its cost less or more, depends how u package and how much it weighs.

You're not paying extra for it to arrive faster. You're paying a flat fee to have it posted. There is no promise of it being "faster". They're simply recovering their costs of posting it to you.

Yes but when you spend £2 on somthng to be posted you exspect it to be faster then a week. THATS my point! And also MY opinion! which i am allowed.. Im not here to cause arguments, i just think, it wud of been nice to have it before now.

Edited by Sazzzy

If i may id like to jump in....

Id like to make a suggestion about photo distribution.

i came up with an idea that may help both SM out and

the people wishing to have their photo's posted....

would it not be a LOT easier...

instead of having slips printed off for people

to fill out their details, having all the envelopes the

photos are sent in, there on the day and pre stamped.

Then when somebody wishes to have their photo posted,

hand them an envelope to write their own name and

address on - so thats one less thing for sm to do...

then take a poloroid photo of the person, write which

guest they had a shoot with on the photo...and put that

with the envelope....

and maybe instead of waiting, have 1 crew member laying

out the photos that arrive and the other one scanning

over them as they come out and matching faces as they

go along...and when u see a match, pop the photo into the

envelope straight away, seal it and put it to the side.

That way you could be sorted by the end of the day/weekend

and it would just be a case of posting the lot the next day?

just a thought, might make it both easier for SM and for paying customers.

with the envelope....

I think thats a really good idea :lol:

with the envelope....

Whenever I've crewed and have been on photo distribution, I always match up the photos with the slips as we go along. I don't know if that happened this time or not though.

Whenever I've crewed and have been on photo distribution, I always match up the photos with the slips as we go along. I don't know if that happened this time or not though.

oh im sure they do, im just saying instead of takin time to print off slips and match up peoples descriptions of themsleves and then on top of that having to either print off the pics they have taken of people or look at them on the lil digital camera, why not make it less hassle for themselves.