Veterans... Need advice

Guest ReallyWantToGo

I have a few questions:

1- I am a normal kind of guy. Not shy or anything. If I go by myself, you think there will be a lot to do in this event? I need some vacation. I really, REALLY want to go.

2- If you already booked your Hotel, something cheap, can you please give me the name of it? A site, phone or anything. I am a terrible planner, never done it. I can't find any hotels for me.

3- What is the name of the Airport I should be arriving?

Edited by ReallyWantToGo

1. Depends on how many guests go, how many attendees there are and what you want out of the event. If there are a lot of autographs to sign or photos to be taken, then the guests' time will be taken up a bit by that, but there are usually things around to keep one's attention occupied, even if it's just getting to know people at the bar! :rolleyes: I go on my own and usually find the weekend passes quite quickly, especially once I've found some people with whom to hang out, and if you do find yourself with time to kill, the town centre is five minutes' walk away.

2. I recommend the Park Inn myself (the convention location). Not all that cheap, but very convenient, and quite pleasant since they recently refurbished. Food's good - I like their breakfasts. The IBIS just down the road is very popular too (no idea how much it costs offhand). Contact details for both hotels are on the SM website (see link to website in one of the pinned threads). For cheap, good accommodation I also suggest you check out the Premier Inn chain (www.premierinn.com) - they have more than one hotel around Northampton, although you might end up spending the money you'd have saved on the hotel using transport instead, so it could be worth spending that little extra to be near the event.

3. Not a clue on that one, sorry. I always get there by car. I'm sure someone who's been to Eclipse (same location) and come by plane can help, though.

Fly to Luton, I also fly to Luton, there you can get the EasyBus to northampton which is about 1 hour away and cheap.

EDIT:

sorry, it's the bus to milton keynes, there you have to get the train to northampton :) total of about 1-2 hours from the airport

Edited by Bregi

I will fly to Heathrow (coz EasyJet flies only in the late afternoon to Luton from Berlin).

I think, you can go by bus to Northampton but I prefert to travel by train, even if its more expensive, but I can't read in a bus. So I go to Euston via TUBE and take a train to Northampton.

Yes, from Heathrow to Northampton the direct way would be by bus. Depending on the connection you choose you will have to switch busses in Milton Keynes, or go on by train from there.

There are direct busses from Luton to Northampton though, at least I am pretty sure I took one last year. :D

Yes, from Heathrow to Northampton the direct way would be by bus. Depending on the connection you choose you will have to switch busses in Milton Keynes, or go on by train from there.

There are direct busses from Luton to Northampton though, at least I am pretty sure I took one last year.:D

Good to know :)

When I got there last year I choose a very long route hihi. Zurich - London Luton - London with bus (a police razzia delayed everything +2hours) and then from euston to northampton :)

But I wanted to visit the british museum anyway

Thanks for all the information!

Now I can get an idea of what i would be getting into :D

Edited by ReallyWantToGo