Weekend Positives

I just want to say thanks to the photographer, I appreciated how he was taking a couple of shots in case one didn't come out just right - he seemed to take more care than those at other events I've been to in the past. Cheers! :blush:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOM FELTON! he was lovely :blush:

Seriously everything was good apart from how cold it was. There was LOADS of space to move around, the guests were all fantastic. The dealer room was a good place to warm up :lol: and I think it was the best dealer set iv seen in a while.

All in All it was really good, so glad I went. Just next time indoors may be nice :D tho I agree that the shopping centre was a greenhouse so the new hall should be FAB!

Bring on next may!

Everything! I had a fantastic weekend, I couldn't have asked for a better time - only the weather was bad, and that was solved by the lovely people letting us go in this morning at 9:30 instead of making us wait in the rain until 10. I just wish I'd brought a jacket to keep out the cold - linen and cotton tops were fine earlier in the week, but I was freezing! Still, I always prefer being too cold to too hot, and it meant I wasn't sweaty in any of my photos!

I got to meet everyone I wanted to, and photos with everyone I wanted photos with. ALL the guests exceeded my expectations, and all were lovely and polite. Tom Felton and Burn Gorman were absolutely charming.

The free buses were great, a real help! Special thanks has to go to the female driver today who came back for those of us who didn't get on the 3:30 bus at 4, it meant I got home an hour earlier than I would have otherwise!

The stormtroopers and everyone else like that - it was amazing seeing groups of them walking around! (plus they were useful to follow when I couldn't get through a crowd) :lol: . Most of my photos from the weekend are of various Star Wars characters in different places around the stadium, and my mum was so excited when I phoned her because she could hear R2D2 in the background.

The toilets - there were so many! And not once did I find one that had run out of toilet roll!

Doctor4tardis: Yes I was, the taller one in a blue suit lol

My mate Christel was in the brown suit and the 3D specs.

Hello to anyone who saw us!

Were you the one I got a photo of in the queue for Philip Glenister's photo session? If so, I'm sorry if I interrupted you or anything, but great costume :blush: I made it a mission to try to get photos of every Doctor I saw - but I only saw one other than you and the one with the 3D glasses with the Captain Jack. You all have such awesome costumes.

R2 did cost alot of Bucks. But he's quality... he's owned by a gentleman called Simon who's part of the same costume club as me. here a video of him at home in the kitchen.

Simon should have a chat with Mr Lucas. It seemed very reliable. Unlike the ones used on the sets of the films apparently.

Of course I mean the radio controlled versions not the KennyB version!

Oops, nearly forgot. Too tired too think properly so this will be short and added to tomorrow (or is that today...)

Cons - too many excellent guests resulting in parting of many pieces of paper money!

Pros - See cons. Also liked the general layout. Didn't think I would on Friday but after many...many...many...many walks around the circle I found I liked the extra space between the guests plus it was great exercise! Happy smiley guests and crew despite the cold spells.

Typing bad. Sleep good.

p.s. Thanks to Jason for letting us in out of the rain this morning!

p.p.s Thanks to TooTall for going along the photo collection queue with an update on the photos

Edited by 1of2

Highlight for me was getting Nathan Fillion to sign my Captain Mal Browncoat :P He was really chatty and loved the browncoat, complimented it again when I wore it for the photoshoot :crying:

Thanks again showmasters, looking forward to Hallowhedon :P

The toilets - there were so many! And not once did I find one that had run out of toilet roll!

oooooh yes!!!!!! That was a MAJOR highlight that I missed off earlier. That was fantastic - no queues, no lack of loo roll, the best provision of loos in any evet I have ever been to!!

Where do I start!!!!

1) R2D2 - so cute and my boyfriend would have taken him home if we could have!!! He now wants one!!

2) Mr Nimoy - a real gent and what a star- he work hard all weekend but made every moment special :-) I had 30 seconds extra in the photo shoot and they will live with me forever!! :D

3) Mr Brooks - so cool, chilled and what a fantastic guy - he made us feel so special and every moment magic!!! I would like thank him for making the weekend so special- my boyfriend is a big fan and he was so made up!! :YAHOO: Avery we love you!!!! :wub::angel:

4) Nathan Fillion - just for those baby blues :wub:

5) The Crew - you guys did a fantastic job!!

6) EVERYTHING - you blew us away and we are still on cloud DS9 and dont want to come down!!

:dance::YAHOO::dance:

For me, meeting some of the cast from BTTF was a highlight - spoke in length to all four and went home pleased that I had made the journey, even getting personalised autographs from them with my favourite/relevant quotes from the films.

If only we could have more guests with the interation like this especially more of the BTTF cast! :dance:

p1020603.jpgw640.png

p1020607.jpgw640.png

p1020641.jpgw640.png

p1020643x.jpgw640.png

p1020646.jpgw640.png

Edited by steve123uk

Meeting Nathan again - what a guy. And he remembered my name which has made my year :smile:

Ben Browder - what I can I say that hasn't already been said. Perfect

Leonard - lovely smile (knew he wouldn't have time to talk)

Burn Gorman - incredibly nice to everyone, especially with his little blanket :)

Tony Amendola - really lovely and he stayed on to sign photo's late on Sunday whcih was really good of him .

Tom Felton - so nice as always and happy to take pictures in which we look very similar :D

Philip G - fantastic to meet him. And we get a 3rd series, yay!!

Richard Chaves - was absolutely lovely. And didn't seem to mind the cold. Had a great chat with him

Guestwise I think one of the best yet. There were too many big names to have made it work in the shopping centre. That doesn't mean we enjoyed the venue though!!

And thanks to the crew who as always do a fantastic job and work incredibly hard. The event wouldn't work without them :D

Edited by puddlejumpers

*...Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder....* :wub:

.....hmmmm.....tough one.....but I would have to go with meeting Ben Browder...just how lovely is that man..???

Would it be so wrong to have him back for LFCC???? He could do a double photo shoot with Michael Shanks...OMG just how great would that be???

Tony was also great...so friendly and chatty...what a lovely guy...would so love to hear his Stargate stories...

Rachel was soo lovely and remembered you from day to day which was really special...

Burn...so funny and up-beat...so likable...legend!

*...Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder Ben Browder....* :wub:

...but would have to say Ben was the highlight...so funny, gorgeous (not that I'm shallow!?!), interesting....so gutted not to hear the stories from Stargate....so please please please have him back to a con where we can hear him chat...please!!!

And of course a well run and well organised event is always a highlight so thanks to everyone who made this event happen...it is soooo appreciated...

:clap:

Apart from the cold (and apparently there is nothing SM can do about that) we had a great weekend.

I felt the event was very well organised, it was well spaced out all round the stadium and there were plenty of signs telling you what was where, and the gates were clearly labelled for those choosing to queue early.

We got to meet all the guests we wanted and had plenty of time to browse the stalls.

A very solid guest line up, and with a lot of the sports guests being only a fiver I ended up meeting more of them than I would have expected, and spent ages talking with John Lowe about our mutual love of the "mighty " Sunderland.

The crew were all extremely helpful and it was great to see so many people there on Sunday.

I appreciate it was a temporary venue, and taking that into account I think SM should be proud of what they acheived. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will continue to support you guys all the time you keep bringing such excellent guests.

The highlight was meeting the Gene Genie himself. Due to the numbers in the queue it was only a brief chat but it made my girlfriend's weekend and its the first time she has actually got an auto off a guest.

Enjoyed meeting all the guests, and didn't have any bad experiences although had to feel sorry for poor Nicholas Parsons who got leg cramp while we were talking to him. He certainly seemed to be struggling in the cold and I hope he didn't suffer too much.

Thanks for another great weekend.

Edited by sdog

ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!! it was cold and a diffrent setout to usuall but i stall had a awersome time and i wouldnt change a second of it ( well maybe the weather) but it didnt matter cos everyone was friendly n nice i met everyone i wanted and they were all so nice. thank u showmasters u aleways make the trip worth it andu always get amasing guests. thanx and cant wate to see u at next con and many more. xoxox

I loved every second of it, and I hope you appreciated the fact that the sunshine followed us up the motorway on Sunday!

The only down side to it was that one of my photoshoot pictures was awful. Which is odd, because I've never had a complaint about photoshoots before. But it wasn't centred and had loads of background at the top. Other than that it was ace and I'm looking forward to the next one!

You guys rock, and always will. Yours are the only events I will go to!

I had a great time

met Burn AND Ben both extremely friendly and huggable lol

im now hoping to talk someone at work into swapping shifts with me so i can go Lfcc

keep ur fingers crossed for me guys lol

lizzy88: Yes that was me in the Q. No you didnt disturb me from anything, always happy to pose.

Glad you liked our costumes! :blush: We love wearing them so its great to see and hear people 'fangirling' us at events.

And a note to everyone: Please, ASK FOR PICTURES OF US! We had plenty of people come up and ask for pics, but we still got people just randomly taking pictures of us.

Surely they dont turn out that well, as we arnt posing and may be halfway through a sentence/apple/turn around. As I said above, we all are happy to stop and pose for a picture, either with you or for you.

We dont bite lol

Oh and I was one of the judges of the sunday cosplay, so if you entered, THANK YOU! You all looked amazing and we are just sorry we couldnt give you all something. We loved you all though!

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Its a slightly bizarre thing watching the England U21s play at the MK Dons Stadium this evening.

Yesterday Spock and Captain Sisko were sat in the stands signing Autographs and tonight down on the pitch the Azerbaijan U21s are getting a real pasting!

Its a slightly bizarre thing watching the England U21s play at the MK Dons Stadium this evening.

Yesterday Spock and Captain Sisko were sat in the stands signing Autographs and tonight down on the pitch the Azerbaijan U21s are getting a real pasting!

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I watch it. I think there were more people there over the weekend too looking at the stands.

CM more popular than football shock!!! :blink: