Weekend Positives

Meeting Ben Browder and being able to actually talk, and he was kind enough to write WINONA on my puls pistol :blink:

4694_113206321342_586751342_3155031_5262613_n.jpg

he also loved my farscape costume :D

And now my farscape com badge lives with him :D

meeting everyone we havent seen for a year

meeting all the stars aswell

and beig told by RICHARD CHAVES that it was a pleasure to have met all of us and that his heart was so filled with love from all of us

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Roxy!! as a member of her fanclub (lol) which was created this weekend because she is so awesome and really went out of her way to inform us on situations and make every effort to help us! she rocks!

Haha, aw you girls were awesome! It was so lovely meeting you and my pleasure with everything, glad it was all sorted and everyone was happy....still totally honoured by the fanclub thing, made me laugh! :D:D

- Oh and Nathan saying he really liked my hair haha! woop!

See I said that too lol, he has good taste :D

The toilets - there were so many! And not once did I find one that had run out of toilet roll!

oooooh yes!!!!!! That was a MAJOR highlight that I missed off earlier. That was fantastic - no queues, no lack of loo roll, the best provision of loos in any evet I have ever been to!!

Alas, Many of the male toilets had run out of paper ^_^

Hey guys!! This was only the second event i've been to, and I enjoyed every minute of it, even though it takes me 3 hours to drive to MKs!!

Meeting Nathan was the best part, and wondering around the dealers room. Thanks to the crew, you're all very helpful.

Hopefully I'll meet some of you forum people at LFCC, as that's why I've joined!!

overall a great show - all the guests were great

the layout was good (ignoring the cold - that can not be blamed on any one)

only low point was the cramped space in the dealers room - bigger venue next time will likely help this

great event showmasters - keep it up :D

the dude :D

The venue. Sure, many people can bitch about how cold it was, and it was, but, it was great for walking around. One big circle, so you can't get lost. Easy to queue up for guests without getting crushed in a horde.

Toilets. So many toilets and not a queue in sight. AWESOME.

And meeting all the friends I hadn't seen for two years. :YAHOO:

My Highlights of weekend

1. Leonard Nimoy- legend- it was a brief autograph encounter but he was lovely at photoshoot and enquired about my arm (in a cast) and wished me good healing- worth the cold etc. for that!

2. Tom Felton- a really nice guy- loved how nice he was to the little girls dressed up in Hogwarts uniforms who were in front of me in the autograph queue.

3. Nathan (who I will never grow tired of meeting) :wub: , Ben (who made an effort to chat to every person good humouredly in spite of the fact that he was in the most bitterly cold area of the stadium!),Tony and Rachel (both very friendly and interested in chatting) and Alice (a lady)

4. Friendly and helpful crew- who kept everyone's spirits up in the queues- great to meet you all again! :WAVE:

5. Photos with guests- as usual Malcolm brings out the best

and 6. that cheese toastie and coffee in Asda which revived me on Saturday when the elements had almost defeated me!

:lol:

1. Leonard Nimoy was an awesome guest, I have a really nice photo of him and he has signed my new Spock poster, so I'm more than happy.

2. Geoff Hurst was so lovely, he signed a picture for my Dad for Father's Day and talked to me for ages. I know some people won't appreciate it, but for a football fan Sir Geoff is an absolute legend and I feel very priveleged to have met him.

3. I am very proud of my new Starfleet Academy polo shirt.

4. It's always a good weekend when the SARMY assemble!

Hi Badges! Hows things?

Highlights? BEN (waited patiently for 11 years to meet him - worth EVERY second).

Having a smoke and then realising we were in the company of a guest!

Chatting to Sir Geoff and John Lowe while they were moving from car to venue.

Ah, I didn't get any comment from Ben on my pic. He wrote my name then kind of got distracted telling a longish story about why it's taken him so long to come over here, came back to the pic and just signed his name.

Something would have been nice but can't say I'm upset as it was great to spend a few moments with him and he was trying to make time to chat to everyone even though he was busy. Top guy, in fact everyone was this weekend.

Ah, I didn't get any comment from Ben on my pic. He wrote my name then kind of got distracted telling a longish story about why it's taken him so long to come over here, came back to the pic and just signed his name.

Something would have been nice but can't say I'm upset as it was great to spend a few moments with him and he was trying to make time to chat to everyone even though he was busy. Top guy, in fact everyone was this weekend.

You know, I have to say that I agree with that thought. Even Mr Nimoy, though rushed, had time for a comment and friendly smile. Burn was charming and friendly and I think a little amazed at his popularity. Richard spoke with much gratitude for his part in Predator and was pleased when I spoke Spanish to him. John DeLancie was polite but perhaps a little tired, but still smiling and gracious. Nathan was very funny playing the 'snatch the photo away' type game with our lad, and my wife now OFFICIALLY rates him as a hunk. Marc Was also great and we chatted about SUPERMAN and APOLLO 13.

But Ben was the highlight of the event for us. Such a modest and down to earth young man. The lady at Ben's photo-spread table was right when she said he really has it all, the looks, the modesty, the charisma and that accent. I am a huge FARSCAPE fan and got my wife into it too and now she is as pleased as punch that she has met him, and he is our first major autograph from the show.

Great guests.

i loved every second of being there, its probably one of my fav collectormainia's

having crewed for the first time, i enjoyed it so much, even my little 2 "stalker" friends i made, and the crew were very friendly and helpfull, and id like to think i made a couple of friends and am looking forward to the next shows!!

THANK YOU! to every1 who made this weekend possible!!

daryn.

i loved every second of being there, its probably one of my fav collectormainia's

having crewed for the first time, i enjoyed it so much, even my little 2 "stalker" friends i made, and the crew were very friendly and helpfull, and id like to think i made a couple of friends and am looking forward to the next shows!!

THANK YOU! to every1 who made this weekend possible!!

daryn.

Daryn as in my runner on Sunday Daryn? Good job mate, hope i didnt work you too hard lol

PB Kayla

:D

The highlight of the weekend, was finally being able to get our vouchers for winning Cosplay last year. Despite Showmasters pushing us from pillar to post to find out what was going on, all we did, was turn up at the info desk, hand over an email from "tallman" and the tickets were handed over in less than 2 minutes - it was THAT simple!!!!

When people win at events, it shouldn't take countless emails and finger pointing etc., to get hold of what we were promised.

Just hand over the vouchers Showmasters, we would really appreciate it.

This time at MK, all winners were handed their vouchers straight away, which were are grateful for, keep it like that.