Personalisations from Nimoy?

doghouse

I was a bit disappointed as I didn't get a personalisation from Nimoy when the virtual queue just turned 300. Did anyone manage one from him?

I was a bit annoyed as there was nobody behind us in the queue, and the Collectormania lady who was with him at the desk, asked him to do some dedications for the staff! She even had a bunch of photos ready for him to sign with post-it notes with what they wanted on it.

If staff can get one, why not us when the queue was empty?

:borg:

Well the staff do volunteer their own free time to help out at these events. They don't get paid, so I guess it's some sort of thank you to them, I personally feel they at least deserve that considering they spend the whole weekend organising and running the events and dealing with the public.

As for the end of the queue, perhaps the reason there was no-one behind you was because the queue attendant stopped the queue from growing because leonard may have been due a break or something after that queue had finished?

Oh and wow Leonard Nimoy does not look 78 years old! Does he really have Vulcan blood! :(

Edited by Clarkey

Well the staff do volunteer their own free time to help out at these events. They don't get paid, so I guess it's some sort of thank you to them, I personally feel they at least deserve that considering they spend the whole weekend organising and running the events and dealing with the public.

As for the end of the queue, perhaps the reason there was no-one behind you was because the queue attendant stopped the queue from growing because leonard may have been due a break or something after that queue had finished?

Oh and wow Leonard Nimoy does not look 78 years old! Does he really have Vulcan blood! :YAHOO:

I agree with your comment about the volunteer staff. But be subtle and wait after the "customers" have gone from ear/eyeshot!:(

After all, I've seen in other (not Showmasters) conventions [and for some reason more often in cafes], managers "telling off" members of staff in view of the customers...

Agree that there's nothing wrong with it and staff should get perks since there'd be no convention without the people who give their time to help...but to do it in front of the paying fans does seem a bit tasteless.

Edited by Princess83

Nope, no personalisations for me, but that didn't bother me one bit, afterall, I did end up getting five from Mr. Nimoy. Six if I go by the horror story of my Star Trek III: The Search for Spock DVD cover which comes from the recent DVD boxset collection of the first 6 Trek movies.

I met Leonard around ticket number #270 and he was busy, they were trying to get through the crowd as quick as possible as he was going to have his photoshoot session soon. The DVD cover has a gloss, shiny, sliver surface and when he autographed it with the sharpie pen, the ink was very thin and wouldn't dry quickly and it came out very faint. Had I known that sharpie pens wouldn't set on covers like that, I'd have not gon through with it. I then returned later in the day to get one more piece autograped when he was open queue and asked one of the Staff members if it was possible if he could go over it with a different pen, they asked Leonard himself and he said it was okay, so he went over the original signature with a bio pen and then afterwards he looked at it, grabbed a sliver inked pen and autographed the back of the cover on the bottom where it's blue and the ink set perfectly. I felt bad about going back and asking to have him autograph it again, but Leonard and the crew were fully understandable.

So thanks to Leonard and the nice Showmasters crew for being understanding in the situation.

I didn't get a personalization. Then again, I was lucky to get anything at all, as it was nearing the end of the day, the queue had finished and Mr Nimoy was no doubt hoping to go when I dropped in. He must have thought I was a last-minute opportunist or something, as I didn't arrive early enough to get a virtual ticket and only had a standard photo to sign. He'd been lovely in the photo shoot, though, so I don't mind that my encounter with him in the autograph queue was brief.

I managed to get one, thankfully. As he was signing the first of my two photos, I began explaining the story behind the one personalised autograph I was after; I'm going to be a dad for the first time in September and I wanted him to write "Live long and prosper!" to my little boy. Although he didn't appear to understand the significance of penning such a poignant message, he was at least happy to write what I'd asked for.

I was number 208 on the Saturday and I didn't get a personalisation. I'm still happy though, I wasn't expecting one and he looked up and smiled at me! And with that and a "hello" and 2 more smiles at the photoshoot, I was very happy indeed. :dance:

(although he did try to give the photo he'd signed to the person in front of me in the queue as it was all a bit rushed, haha)

Edited by lizzy88

Those autographs couldn't have been for the crew. They have to line up and pay just like everybody else. They don't get anything free. Most likely was the inhouse pre-order service they were running for people who couldn't attend the event

I just got a couple of autographs from him which I'm happy with. One on an 8X10 and one on my Star Trek: Voyage Home DVD from the box set of all 10 movies!

My gf managed to get him to write her name on hers though as she quickly asked before he started writing :wub:

I got personnalisations on mine - my photo with him and another thing

You had to ask and be in the queue at a not so busy time or when he was about to take a break.

He was busy but you got if you asked - he was good about doing them

Others who had more time did them especially Avery who did a special one for my Boyfriends birthday

:wub:

Talking about the "staff" and what they do to annoy. I was in a queue for Ben Browder, the assistant on our side of the desk kept going IN FRONT of customers and talking with Ben and having a laugh, it was like she was deliberately getting in the way of people wanting to take photos from the queue and that Ben was there to be entertained by her and her witty reparte. Not needed!! The staff as a whole do a great job, but it just takes one to be noticed and make people angry.

I appreciate all the hard work that the volunteers do under extreme conditions and I take my hat off to them.

Speaking of Mr. Nimoy's auto's...

Did anyone else notice that the photo provided by SM and that is from Star Trek 6 (red uniform) is a mirror image??

That bugs me.. but i had no choice but to take it....(as i collect autos of the orignal cast in this uniform, cause it's my fave movie...)

Speaking of Mr. Nimoy's auto's...

Did anyone else notice that the photo provided by SM and that is from Star Trek 6 (red uniform) is a mirror image??

That bugs me.. but i had no choice but to take it....(as i collect autos of the orignal cast in this uniform, cause it's my fave movie...)

Didn't notice, but this reminded me of something. The photo of Spock from the new movie, where he did the Live Long & Prosper sign with his hand, was HORRIBLY cut. Somehow they managed to NOT include 2 of his fingers!! You could only see 3 fingers on his hand, which made the picture useless. That frustrated the hell out of me because that was the picture I wanted to get signed from the new movie, I had to settle for a normal head-shot.

For God's sakes, someone should get fired for that :chair: